English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It looks like I won't be in the tournament

Advanced Users

Re: It looks like I won't be in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Man deep, I was waiting to hear the updates of you whooping tail. Don't worry though man, this is where your success story begins, not ends.

High blood pressure runs in my family; Mom dukes, my uncle and my pops have it so I am a "blood pressureologist" so to speak. As for the blood pressure being raised, I would bet it is the creatine and here is why:

Creatine in fact does not "build" muscle in the truest since of the word. Creatine gives you size and increased muscle definition through water retention. Water retention causes your urine to be more concentrated. Concentrated urine is not absorbed through the kidneys nearly as fast and therefore more water ends up in your blood stream. More fluid in your blood stream is a quick culprit for raised blood pressure. As for remedies, I won't say cut out the creatine but go to maybe half the dosage. Secondly, sweat like your life depended on it up as long as it does not interfere with your weigh ins.

You may want to also consider a beef protein as a supplement rather than pure creatine. Beef proteins have a touch of creatine in them but offer the purest proteins for muscle building and retention. There is one called Carnivor that I like that has only 2% of the recommended daily sodium allowance, has no carbs, and no cholesterol.

I would also say holla at Radam. That dude has mentioned some home remedies that have worked for me before.
    Thank you TGD. I'm glad to assist. And help save lives and remove unnecessary suffering one step at a time. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Man deep, I was waiting to hear the updates of you whooping tail. Don't worry though man, this is where your success story begins, not ends.

High blood pressure runs in my family; Mom dukes, my uncle and my pops have it so I am a "blood pressureologist" so to speak. As for the blood pressure being raised, I would bet it is the creatine and here is why:

Creatine in fact does not "build" muscle in the truest since of the word. Creatine gives you size and increased muscle definition through water retention. Water retention causes your urine to be more concentrated. Concentrated urine is not absorbed through the kidneys nearly as fast and therefore more water ends up in your blood stream. More fluid in your blood stream is a quick culprit for raised blood pressure. As for remedies, I won't say cut out the creatine but go to maybe half the dosage. Secondly, sweat like your life depended on it up as long as it does not interfere with your weigh ins.

You may want to also consider a beef protein as a supplement rather than pure creatine. Beef proteins have a touch of creatine in them but offer the purest proteins for muscle building and retention. There is one called Carnivor that I like that has only 2% of the recommended daily sodium allowance, has no carbs, and no cholesterol.

I would also say holla at Radam. That dude has mentioned some home remedies that have worked for me before.
    Very educational.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Chin up D2 I'm sure you'll beat the Docs test next week. Some nice tips by thegreyman, I've never tried Creatine either because I've been told it does horrendous things to your insides, and your muscles don't grow as well as they could. A few guys I know take loads of powders and supplements, they look in great shape but i'm not sure their muscles would be able to keep up in a boxing gym.

As Greyman said... I'm sure Radam has the thing to fix you up.. No guarantee it'll taste great though! Hahaha..
    @Skibbz. No! Chin down! Chin down!

@r2. Get healthy. We're rooting for you.

Advanced Users

Drop all the sugarery junk NOW! Dump the processed stuff. Get rid of anything that has that long-name sodium in it. And, of course, that HFCS stuff.

Holla at the following for a week -- and then often. This is more type of Filipino halo halo [mix mix] natural blood-lowering arse kicker.

Mix together a mushy avocado, a half of cup of 100-percent black cherry juice, a spoon of ground celery seed, a hand full of crushed-up hazelnuts and walnuts, and a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Dump all of this in at least 16oz of pure 100-percent coconut hot water. Shake it up, not blend it up. And drink it and chew it up.

Word to the wise. When you blend whole food stuff up, you kill the enzymes and knock off the tails, thus making some sugar-ish, turning into bad fat-making bacteria in your stomach. And bad fat-making anything in your gut causes your blood pressure to rocket up.

In a week or so, your high blood pressure will be history. You won't have to take those killer drugs. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-28-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Advanced Users

Coming soon by the FDA will be dangers of HFCS and sugar. And certain kinds of man-made sodium is the arch culprit, not the largest substance -- salt on the planet -- along with water. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    @Skibbz. No! Chin down! Chin down!

@r2. Get healthy. We're rooting for you.
    Hahaha only when you're in the ring DDV!

Some more great advice, Radam. I have seen so many guys do incredible damage to themselves by pouring additives down their collective throats. For awhile they look good. Then...BOOM!! They just fall apart. Give me dips, pushups, pullups and roadwork any day!

-Randy G.

Administrator

@Skibbz.

Thanks guys. I ditched the creatine and whey protein supplements. I feel great so I hope my labs return to normal soon. I think I will have a nice steak after Froch wins on Saturday.

As long as you're not competing, might as well throw in some dark chocolate-covered cheesecake for dessert!

-Randy G.