English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Froch Groves II- The Gloves are Off

Advanced Users

Re: Froch Groves II- The Gloves are Off

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Loving the enthusiasm Shadow. I think Groves has the upper hand mentally. Froch is putting on a good front but it won't last. He's no fool and he knows he was being beaten before the stoppage. It'll make him come out with even greater fight than he did last time... Let's face it Froch doesn't do well boxing, it's not his forte. Where Froch excels is when he uses his chin of iron and throwback championship heart to will his way to victory. At least that's what he will be doing against Groves in my opinion..
    Fronting from fear, and to hide fear, is the way it is goes. Froch is handling it well, especially with getting the help -- real or image -- of a sport shrink. This has thrown Groves a mental curve of disaster, because he wants to take credit for Froch seeking help. And Froch is not letting him.

Groves is too whined up with indignation and revenge. And because of that he will not be able to charm and control the Cobra. I'm riding with the Corba in a clear -- no doubt -- beat down. This time around, the Cobra is going to make Groves play the clown. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Fronting from fear, and to hide fear, is the way it is goes. Froch is handling it well, especially with getting the help -- real or image -- of a sport shrink. This has thrown Groves a mental curve of disaster, because he wants to take credit for Froch seeking help. And Froch is not letting him.

Groves is too whined up with indignation and revenge. And because of that he will not be able to charm and control the Cobra. I'm riding with the Corba in a clear -- no doubt -- beat down. This time around, the Cobra is going to make Groves play the clown. Holla!
    Hang on a minute RG! The sport shrink is there to pull the wool over his eyes, but when the lights are flashing and the moment finally comes it'll be torn away and then he'll have to face cold reality with no one in there but himself! Once the crack appears it's there to be exploited. Froch's on a sinking ship and he knows it himself!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post

Yes indeed!

Groves is stranded. He has nothing new to offer Froch inside or out of the ring.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Hang on a minute RG! The sport shrink is there to pull the wool over his eyes, but when the lights are flashing and the moment finally comes it'll be torn away and then he'll have to face cold reality with no one in there but himself! Once the crack appears it's there to be exploited. Froch's on a sinking ship and he knows it himself!
    Hehehe! "...to pull the wool over his eyes..." Now that was funny as heck. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-27-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    @The Shaddow

Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of the most entertaining pre-fight interviews I've seen for some time.

Who do you think has the upper hand mentally? Do you think these interviews changed the dynamic significantly, and do you think it'll have a major bearing on the fight?
    Super entertaining! I'm so excited about this fight, I'm actually tempted to head to London! I can catch a direct flight for $220 out of Miami!

Anyway, I think George is in command, for sure. George is a master of these mind games. But how much has the sports psychologist helped The Cobra? We don't know.

I don't think the stoppage was as controversial as George claims; I saw Froch coming on strongly in rounds 7, 8 and finally in the 9th.

I remember in school they talked about persuasion theory; if there was five levels of a belief system (for instance 1 being strongly against and 5 strongly in favor and so forth), moving someone from 1 to 2 in terms of beliefs is a success.

I say this because shortly after the fit, Froch seemed -- and I could be wrong -- absolutely certain that the stoppage was fair and that the ref actually saved Groves from further punishment, which is a logic I can follow.

But Groves now has actually convinced Froch, or so Froch now says, that it was pre-mature and controversial. I find that interesting.

And he's going to keep it going up until fight night. Either way, I can see it winning George the fight but I can also see it backfiring like crazy.

This is going to be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Not his forte?! I think that's a little strong...

Underestimate the Cobra and get bitten. The man has more than heart and chin. He has venom in those punches, and a V8 turbocharged engine to keep them coming right through 12. Groves better be ready to face the storm.
    I agree with the Skibbzter, Froch isn't a pure boxer. Yes, he has a long jab that strikes like a Cobra bite. He's a competent, albeit slow, counter puncher. Decent ring generalship.

But he telegraphs his shots. He crosses his legs. His defense is mediocre. He doesn't have the power that he seems to think he does.

But he wins on will and will and will alone. He will drive himself forward and pound and pound his opponent into submission. He will impose his will on his opponent.

Skill for skill, this is a mismatch, no contest. But it doesn't really matter. In a way, he's kind of like Rocky Balboa. None of his best strengths are tangible. Despite what he says, most of his fights, he struggles mightily.

But he never quits. EVER! And he's dangerous until the final bell.

This is why this is so intriguing.

Froch is such a condescending prick.... I honestly can't stand him . Who can?

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Froch is such a condescending prick.... I honestly can't stand him . Who can?
    Yes, he can be arrogant and conceited but once he referred to money as "hard Cobra cash," I couldn't help but fall in love with him lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I agree with the Skibbzter, Froch isn't a pure boxer. Yes, he has a long jab that strikes like a Cobra bite. He's a competent, albeit slow, counter puncher. Decent ring generalship.

But he telegraphs his shots. He crosses his legs. His defense is mediocre. He doesn't have the power that he seems to think he does.

But he wins on will and will and will alone. He will drive himself forward and pound and pound his opponent into submission. He will impose his will on his opponent.

Skill for skill, this is a mismatch, no contest. But it doesn't really matter. In a way, he's kind of like Rocky Balboa. None of his best strengths are tangible. Despite what he says, most of his fights, he struggles mightily.

But he never quits. EVER! And he's dangerous until the final bell.

This is why this is so intriguing.
    Froch is a terrible boxer, slow hands, slow feet, uncoordinated, average puncher, terrible defense.

Hell a shot and ruined Taylor boxed his ears off for 10 rounds.

What he does have is a great chin and grit. he never gives up, he has a lot of heart.

Just like I said for the Ward fight, a good fundamental boxer will box his ears off, just as Ward did just like

my exact prediction. Froch also has a poor boxing iq, he can not make adjustments, change spacing and or

rhythms, or use feints. He is a tough sob for sure, but against ''A'' competition he gets embarrassed.

IMHO he is strictly a tough B fighter and if he didnt have a granite beard he would have probably 10 losses at

at this point.

He eats punches like they are M&M's

The coaches at my gym describe Froch as a 'hard bastard'. The guy's tough as nails- and for that alone he gets a lot of respect for me. No matter how much punishment he's taking, he'll keep his head up and keep moving forward. It's the mentality that appeals to me- Froch's old school tough.

When he punches you, he wants to hurt YOU. It's personal for Carl- he's not doing a job, he's fighting. I can't help but think that, if they were in the middle of Wembley with 80'000 people looking on, or in an alleyway round the back of the stadium with 2 bums for an audience, Froch would still fight just as hard.
    I know that's the story for many fighters, but it still earns him my respect and support.
    Last edited by thegreyman; 05-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.