English Español
Advertisement
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

Advanced Users

Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I'd pay to see Canelo fight Pac RG......but there is no way Canelo is dropping down to 150lb catchweight and there is equally no chance Pac is getting in the ring with a hulking middleweight at a 155lb catch weight.

Rumors abound that Pac may fight Danny Garcia at 147 (I'd love to see it). I'd love to see Angel G vs Roach during the preflight hype.

******Floyd is going to announce his next opponent next week.

Insiders say its a lock for Atlanta Georgia Rapper T.I to be Floyd's next opponent.

T.I. earned the opportunity after he crashed Floyd's father/daughter get together at FatBurgers and caused an altercation (and a near riot)a few day ago.
    Because the often incarcerated intertainer thought his spouse was spending way too much time in the company of the Mayweather clan.

Behind the scenes,.... rumors indicate that T.I. will also be able to use four ounce gloves and have a team of paramedics in his corner. (an ash tray and a bottle of Pitron on ice will also be provided for the rapper between rounds)

Ticket sales dates and locations to be announced shortly.
    Those rumors are true about Danny G and Da Manny. Talks are already underway between the whacky-tacky Pops Angel G, Team Pac, Da BobFather and staying-out-of-public tsAH.

Since Marquez won't take the test given by VADA to catch him full of that "Tales from the Crypt" syet, DG and Pops G are coming for the gusto and dinero. And in Macau, it is almost GO, GO! Holla!

Advanced Users

T.I. is darn crazy. He is going to get KTFO! No way that a fight is going to take place. Money May will be arrested for murder. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Those rumors are true about Danny G and Da Manny. Talks are already underway between the whacky-tacky Pops Angel G, Team Pac, Da BobFather and staying-out-of-public tsAH.

Since Marquez won't take the test given by VADA to catch him full of that "Tales from the Crypt" syet, DG and Pops G are coming for the gusto and dinero. And in Macau, it is almost GO, GO! Holla!

Thanks for the confirmation RG... I hope they can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation RG... I hope they can pull it off.
    Great fight.

So the cold war is over?

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Great fight.

So the cold war is over?
    Maybe! But I don't know. Maybe Danny G and Wacky-tacky Pops G ain't playing that game. They are about the moolah and the fame. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Maybe! But I don't know. Maybe Danny G and Wacky-tacky Pops G ain't playing that game. They are about the moolah and the fame. Holla!
    I'm gonna ask around. I don't think so, though.

Remember, it's not just the promotional differences standing in the way here. It's also the HBO policy of not working with Golden Boy and Al Haymon fighters. Hershman & Co. do NOT want to line this guy's pockets or acquiesce him in any way.

So that's the first roadblock already. I don't see it. Yes, Roach wants it but all they're doing is building an opponent for Floyd in that case.

If by some crazy circumstance this is true, however, I think they would be better off pitching a deal to Marcos Maidana. Just to stick it to Floyd. Drive his September asking price up or take Floyd's opponent outright.

Would be a good fight, too.

And I truly doubt Bob Arum is talking to Haymon. Arum HATES Haymon's guts for taking Floyd and making him rich (and losing that gravy train before it even got started) and Arum is notoriously petty and vindictive.

I can see him talking to DuBoef, maybe, and even that would be a stretch. But ain't no way in hell Arum and Haymon will sit at a table. If this is the case, then my optimism for world peace just shot through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I'm gonna ask around. I don't think so, though.

Remember, it's not just the promotional differences standing in the way here. It's also the HBO policy of not working with Golden Boy and Al Haymon fighters. Hershman & Co. do NOT want to line this guy's pockets or acquiesce him in any way.

So that's the first roadblock already. I don't see it. Yes, Roach wants it but all they're doing is building an opponent for Floyd in that case.

If by some crazy circumstance this is true, however, I think they would be better off pitching a deal to Marcos Maidana. Just to stick it to Floyd. Drive his September asking price up or take Floyd's opponent outright.

Would be a good fight, too.
    Do some digging and give us the gold Shadow, if anyone's going to do it, it'll be you.

Let's not forgot a consortium of big swinging Mexican d*cks were scouting for a Canelo Pac fight in Mexico a couple years back. They were willing to send pac a cool 60 or so. Not surprised now the ice is thawing we see it in reality. I hope we get a domino effect and the wall finally collapses. Boxing fans have been neglected for too long.

Arum loves a good deal and will put personal nonsense out of the way for a good deal. if Arum and King can work together anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Arum loves a good deal and will put personal nonsense out of the way for a good deal. if Arum and King can work together anyone can.
    That's a fact, even with the worst of enemies Arum would fix a deal. He's hungry no matter what he has and will only take the best in every situation.

I've downed a few pints, one of my good mates is sold on a Froch stoppage... I hope you're not sold on it too mate! George will take victory in a UNANIMOUS DECISION.

The Guinness has spoken.