English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106

Thread: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,811

    The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Now that Floyd $$$May Mayweather has told us about his next fight date, but not who his opponent is (it keeps us guessing and talking about him), we wonder who that opponent will be.

    So, after spending a day talking to industry sources, members of TMT and those close to $$$May's inner circle, we have come up with these 10 names, with #1 being the most likely man $$$May will face on his chosen September date:

    10. Tim Bradley--"Desert Storm" is gonna' need to pull a nice win if he hopes to get $$$May
    9. Kell Brook--Looks like KB & Shawn Porter will soon be tangling
    8. Keith Thurman--Fun fight, but don't think he's sellable as a title challenger just yet.
    7. Shawn Porter--Could be an interesting fight, but Showtime is still the new kid on the block
    6. Manny Pacquiao...With Pac-Man re-signing with Top Rank, maybe we should have put him at #10...or not listed him at all!
    5. Lucas Matthysse...Interesting, but that right hand is scary
    4. Danny Garcia--$$$May loved how DG struggled in his last bout
    3. Juan Manuel Marquez--Even though JMM has already lost to $$$May, he has looked so good in recent fights that...
    2. Amir Khan--$$$May liked what he saw against Luis Colazzo. Plus, $$$May is NOT Colazzo! Also, Khan will be busy in September with Ramadan.
    1.. Marcos Maidana--The rematch. $$$May feels he now knows MM & that a rematch will go a lot smoother for him.

    -Randy G.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,487

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    While negotiations could veer on and off because Mayweather will try to get him to fight for free, it's Maidana. With a second bite of the same apple, Mayweather's a lucky fellow.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,171

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Maidana is clearly the favorite for September. I think plan B is Thurman but he is a long shot compared to Maidana.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,717

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    I don't see Floyd fighting Chino or Porter, those guys are too tough, rough and strong. Floyd was being bullied around the ring by Chino and at 37 there is no reason to have to endure that if he can face a boxer instead. I also think Thurman gives him hell as well.

    I think he picks Garcia who he can easily outbox.

  5. #5
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,678

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    I beg to differ with you sir.

    Amayseng do you believe either Porter or Maidana could compete with/ survive Cotto or Canelo?,
    I think Floyd has already beaten tougher fighters.

    Although Maidana may be the "Ricky Hatton" of Argentine fighters his best tool involves bending the rules.
    Once that element is removed everything else follows its natural predestined course.
    I think Floyd would handle Maidana more easily the second time around.

    Thoughts?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,470

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I beg to differ with you sir.

    Amayseng do you believe either Porter or Maidana could compete with/ survive Cotto or Canelo?,
    I think Floyd has already beaten tougher fighters.

    Although Maidana may be the "Ricky Hatton" of Argentine fighters his best tool involves bending the rules.
    Once that element is removed everything else follows its natural predestined course.
    I think Floyd would handle Maidana more easily the second time around.

    Thoughts?
    Sugar, I think you should check this 1-minute video out breaking the clean punches. There's a breakdown from each round. If you watch it, you'll see what time it is. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Et4f5ChXhs

    I think we all -- myself included -- got carried away with the fight taking a different script than the one we thought.

    Kinda like when people went to the movies to see Jim Carrey starring in the Truman Show. Most were expecting to see another Ace Ventura comedy and got a sci-if drama instead, and thus thought it was disappointing or sucked.

    Truman Show was just a different flavor than what we were used to. Still wildly successful.

    In this case, we saw a guy who came to fight till the end, which we rarely see; we see guys getting gun-shy and giving up along the way.

    The more I watched it, the more I saw that I saw the same cinamatic quality but just a different script, different genre. Then someone told me to check out that breakdown. Pretty fascinating stuff...

  7. #7
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I beg to differ with you sir.

    Amayseng do you believe either Porter or Maidana could compete with/ survive Cotto or Canelo?,
    I think Floyd has already beaten tougher fighters.

    Although Maidana may be the "Ricky Hatton" of Argentine fighters his best tool involves bending the rules.
    Once that element is removed everything else follows its natural predestined course.
    I think Floyd would handle Maidana more easily the second time around.

    Thoughts?
    C'mon, B-Sug! Nobody bends the rules more than elbowing, kneeing-bumping, forearming-to-the-throat, kangaroo-hook-thumbing-to-the-eyeballs and stiff-arming Money May.

    If Money May fights Chino a second time, the same thing will occur. And Money May might get out hustled. Holla!

  8. #8
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,678

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    C'mon, B-Sug! Nobody bends the rules more than elbowing, kneeing-bumping, forearming-to-the-throat, kangaroo-hook-thumbing-to-the-eyeballs and stiff-arming Money May.

    If Money May fights Chino a second time, the same thing will occur. And Money May might get out hustled. Holla!
    I really wish he would have been doing all those things... RG.
    May should have been like " an eye for an eye"
    Yes Floyd was responding in kind on a few occasions but nothing like MM.

  9. #9
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Sugar, I think you should check this 1-minute video out breaking the clean punches. There's a breakdown from each round. If you watch it, you'll see what time it is. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Et4f5ChXhs

    I think we all -- myself included -- got carried away with the fight taking a different script than the one we thought.

    Kinda like when people went to the movies to see Jim Carrey starring in the Truman Show. Most were expecting to see another Ace Ventura comedy and got a sci-if drama instead, and thus thought it was disappointing or sucked.

    Truman Show was just a different flavor than what we were used to. Still wildly successful.

    In this case, we saw a guy who came to fight till the end, which we rarely see; we see guys getting gun-shy and giving up along the way.

    The more I watched it, the more I saw that I saw the same cinamatic quality but just a different script, different genre. Then someone told me to check out that breakdown. Pretty fascinating stuff...
    Sorry but that was an optical illusion video. It didn't count many of Chino's clear-and-clean body shots and hooks to the side of the head. And it counted none of Money May's kidney and rabbit punching. And, of course, that famous Mayweather forearm to the Adam's Apple.

    In addition, if a fighter bends his head down, you can hit him behind it. Tony Weeks, as ref is aware of that. And told Pops Joy May between rounds that Money May was causing incidental rabbit punching by leaning over into the punches.

    PJM has lost his mind spreading propaganda and false jive about Tony Weeks being an incompetent referee. Weeks is one of the best in the biz, and was doing the correct things. But that propaganda machine of TMT and Fam May know how to make the naive and don't know the rules believe that snow covers the deserts of Arabia and sand covers the terrain of Alaska and the North Pole.

    Dang optical illusions are everywhere and duty. Holla!

  10. #10
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,678

    Re: The 10 Most Likely September Opponents for $$$May

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Sugar, I think you should check this 1-minute video out breaking the clean punches. There's a breakdown from each round. If you watch it, you'll see what time it is. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Et4f5ChXhs

    I think we all -- myself included -- got carried away with the fight taking a different script than the one we thought.

    Kinda like when people went to the movies to see Jim Carrey starring in the Truman Show. Most were expecting to see another Ace Ventura comedy and got a sci-if drama instead, and thus thought it was disappointing or sucked.

    Truman Show was just a different flavor than what we were used to. Still wildly successful.

    In this case, we saw a guy who came to fight till the end, which we rarely see; we see guys getting gun-shy and giving up along the way.

    The more I watched it, the more I saw that I saw the same cinamatic quality but just a different script, different genre. Then someone told me to check out that breakdown. Pretty fascinating stuff...

    That's exactly what I've been screaming Shadow. Great find Super Sluth...i mean Shadow....The more I see the fight the wider the margin for Floyd. Floyd was hitting MM in the face... MM only hit what Floyd let him have.

    Floyd was as relaxed and as comfy as humanly possible while getting fouled like crazy..

    Amazing performance....and great break down.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •