English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Doc's Diagnosis.............Are we in a Golden Age????

Re: The Doc's Diagnosis.............Are we in a Golden Age????

Although this may come out as a little uncomfortable to say, I think that this next generation is helped domestically by the fact that there are quite a few of well spoken, American born fighters.

Naturally so Doc. It always helps the sport when the young pugs can look up to fighters who come from similar backgrounds and speak with similar accents to themselves. It gives them the belief that they too are able to be that man in the spotlight one day. I think it was Brownsugar who made a post a while ago about how the next generation are being greatly inspired by the well spoken fighters of today.. I have to agree with both of you on that statement!

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Although this may come out as a little uncomfortable to say, I think that this next generation is helped domestically by the fact that there are quite a few of well spoken, American born fighters.
    Not to get in a thrilla, because I'm not yet back in Manila. But 80 percent of all boxers from everywhere have always been well spoken. The Big Screen is what has always stereotyped us boxers.

Rocky Marciano, Rocky Graziano and Rocky Lockridge spoke nothing like Rocky Balboa. Holla at over a 100 years of radio speeches and film footage of boxers speaking and expressing themselves. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Not to get in a thrilla, because I'm not yet back in Manila. But 80 percent of all boxers from everywhere have always been well spoken. The Big Screen is what has always stereotyped us boxers.

Rocky Marciano, Rocky Graziano and Rocky Lockridge spoke nothing like Rocky Balboa. Holla at over a 100 years of radio speeches and film footage of boxers speaking and expressing themselves. Holla!
    I agree, but we have been a little short on guys good on a mic, that were stars, and from the US in the last 5-10 years. Especially when meshing it with your point that there have been a lot of guys who were able to be media darlings in boxing.