English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Boxing Channel Forum Winners!

Boxing Channel Forum Winners!

Now that we have the winners for TSS, it is time to reveal the top dogs for the Boxing Channel!

As I mentioned initially, I would look at the overall quality of each post. If there was nothing that stood out, I would look the overall quality of contribution.

Without going too long, though I probably might - ha! I'm The Shadow - I will say that the race was closer here.

Unfortunately, I did not see as much traction here as I had hoped. And while the BC for the time being "cursed" with a shortage of epic posts, I saw a few guys really do some good work!

And based on my scoring criteria, in the absence of singular epic comments, I have chose to reward those who put in the workmanlike effort. So here goes:

1) Oubobcat. The guy brings it. He's sensible, discusses with reason, not emotion, no bias, from what I can detect (so far) and brings a high level of intelligence to the conversation.

In addition to that, he's got a RAZOR sharp boxing mind and his analyses, whether people agree or not, are usually sound and on point.

I see what you've been doing, you've been working hard and now it's time for your reward. You are the May king of the BC.

2) The Good Doctor. This fucking guy. He's like a sleeping giant. I think everyone knows I have develop a mancrush on The Doc's sensible nature, ability to reason, knowledge and approach to discussing the sweet science.

He didn't do much during my tenure but he has all the same qualities of Oubobcat and then some. Dude is the truth. Dude is for real.

However!

One of my proclaimed aims were to get more discussions to the Boxing Channel. While I'm not a permanent mod, I do want to continue contributing to that.

For that reason, I will give the #2 spot to the Good Doctor for taking the initiative to start a thread on the Boxing Channel -- Have you ever been wrong???!! -- that got some decent traction.

3) El Dude. This guy has been posting some strange sh*t that's touched every extremity from the comedic, delirious, nonsensical, outright redundant to accidentally brilliant.

("Marcoardo Ma-whatever?" LOL classic...)

By with 479 posts in just two weeks, how can you not?!

He's a breath of fresh air, that's for sure. I'm honestly not sure whether he grasps the concept of the contest because the post that seale the third place for him was NEITHER of the trademark El Dude rantings, punctuated by a summarizing sentence at the end of each post.

He might have gotten more respect had he heeded the advice that would improve his posts that much more. His battle with Roast last night had me in tears as well.

Again, I repeat: it was your initial "normal" posts that got you included in the top three. Not your work that you thought was plagiarized!

Congrats. Now your college classmates indeed can scream out "El Dude! El Dude!"
    (by The Shadow.)

Honorable mentions: Skibbz Keane, who had one good, solid post, though he admittedly sat this period out on the sidelines. Amayseng who ALMOST snuck in there. Wish he'd been more active. The Commish. Brownsugar. Radam G. The Roast for his icon post last night, though it came after midnight so it wasn't up for contention.

Those are your stars. Enjoy them while you can.

This has been the mod period of La Sombra, hope you've enjoyed. So long folks.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 05-16-2014 at 12:26 PM.

El Dude

Re: Boxing Channel Forum Winners!

I would like to thank Floyd Mayweather and all his pawns who get paid to fix fights and to judge fights according to the puppet master's choice. El Dude came, I saw and I kicked all your asses, my work compared to the boring long dry comments and whack rap songs from your fake Gurus are pathetic. What was the intent from these clowns, to find talented work and plagiarize from the work of the upcoming stars or to simply advertise a fake contest to promote the fallacies of the sport that continue to plague the sport of Boxing. I now know what Marcos Maidana went through in Las Vegas and the goal of El Dude has been proven completed and verified. In the real world of business, my work stands above all. I was on top of all the assignments, I posted my own work, I produced more than any fake champion and my work was original, on target and with flavor. Keep your prize and shove it up your butts for the $ was never my goal you fools, it was to show the world that El Dude has more to offer to the sport of Boxing than what all you true leaches that run these channels have to offer. What I did in 2 weeks will for ever be remembered because we all know who really won and who got the fixed vote. Prepare for El Dude who will write and write about these disgusting forums. BTW, anyone who reads the work of the winners will LOL.
    El Dude with my head up saying up yours to this fake butt-hole of a forum and see my work burry this forum in the real world.

Advanced Users

Congrats to all. Nuff said. Holla!

El Dude, you do realize you won a prize, right?

And I believe you posted the exact same comment on TSS...

And for whatever it's worth, according to academic standards, plagiarism is just as illegal when plagiarizing yourself.

Wow and I thought I was a sore loser. What an el douche bag...

Thanks Shadow, much appreciated and congrats to all the winners.

El Dude, I understand your frustration since you've obviously devoted a lot of time to this forum.

And while it's nice to chase tail and it's never good to chase your own. And you spent a lot of time doing just that.

Had this contest been a matter of output, you win, hands down. It's not. It's forum where high-quality two-dialogue is encouraged and incentivized.

Quality before quantity, my friend. (While I post in quantities also, I do like to think that I give my posts a decent amount of thought and I'd at least like to think it adds to the discussion instead of yelling at it redundantly...)

Just one question: since you say you want the judges to take the prize and shove it up our "asses," does that mean you want to forfeit your purse...?

If so, please let me know asap so I can appoint a new winner.

@Roast, LOL. Two reactions when faced with adversity: 1) cry or 2) dive for balls like Boris Becker to ensure victory next time out.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 05-16-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Congrats to the winners you all deserved what you received ........whether some accept it or not.
    Websites like this which offer the freedom to readers to express themselves freely (and without a credit card) usually get their share of crazies... dissidents... and riff raff.

Its disappointing to see the reader known as El Dude disintegrate over one entry in a competition when there are so many opportunities to improve... Hell ......even the crude Sakio Bike finally won a title through perseverance. Its sad to see a once promising contributor lacking those qualities and literally fall apart in public.