English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruslan Provodnikov - The Siberian Rocky

Re: Ruslan Provodnikov - The Siberian Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by mortcola View Post
    Algieri has a lot in common with Herrera - a bit shiftier, less stand-up, a bit more pop, and higher punch output, but precise and intelligent, well-developed basic skills with hand speed and the ability to adjust to different targets. They look similar too. Looking forward.....

The pain factor has lot to do with it. Herrera lost what was really a close decision, and took some huge shots to the body, and those jab and rights that closed and cut his left eye. Not sure how many guys would pass that test, still being effective and committed after feeling the sheer power of a real puncher’s shots. There’s a small Earnie Shavers quality to Provodnikov in both style (though P is more skilled in setting up his power, more developed) and in that thudding rattlle-your-teeth kind of power. That’s gonna be an equalizer in any of his fights. Not to mention he swells and I wd think tends to cut.
    Mortcola, i've never seen Agieri fight, but i'm looking forward seeing his fight vs Ruslan, definetly you will not beat Ruslan in a phone booth fight, thats for sure! I see Algieri as a big taget for Ruslan, but then again i've never seen Algieri fight, if he boxes, moves sticks that jab and clinches, that is were Ruslan is vulnearable. I'm not sure if you have seen the postfight mug shot of MH and Ruslan together in the hospital room after their fight, ugly scene, I posted it a while back , MH has talked about how hard Ruslan hits "very hard"! MH has pretty good beard, never ever been down "yet" or really hurt either. That is one factor to compete with Ruslan, must have good chin. Good luck to both Ruslan and Algieri.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    Mortcola, i've never seen Agieri fight, but i'm looking forward seeing his fight vs Ruslan, definetly you will not beat Ruslan in a phone booth fight, thats for sure! I see Algieri as a big taget for Ruslan, but then again i've never seen Algieri fight, if he boxes, moves sticks that jab and clinches, that is were Ruslan is vulnearable. I'm not sure if you have seen the postfight mug shot of MH and Ruslan together in the hospital room after their fight, ugly scene, I posted it a while back , MH has talked about how hard Ruslan hits "very hard"! MH has pretty good beard, never ever been down "yet" or really hurt either. That is one factor to compete with Ruslan, must have good chin. Good luck to both Ruslan and Algieri.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chegPzsHD0

I see where you're coming from Mort but the fact of the matter is when Provodnikov hits you, you stay hit. He's got the ability to set up the shots he wants, to mentally beat you into submission whilst he pummels your ribs and rattles your decision maker all night long without a break.

Sure his weakness is to fight against a rangy fighter with a great engine and a whip like jab. But how many times have we seen in the classic match up the rangy fighter lose? All too often!

What will be tested when these two step into the ring is the heart and will of Algieri, not to mention his chin. Provodnikov is ferocious coming forward and courageous till the final bell.

And i've watched the Algieri Emmanuel fight 3 times now, amongst other fights of his I watched. One thing you see consistently is he backs up with his head straight up, his defence is leaky and although his combinations are flashy, they're not a strong deterrence.

I'm saying this'll be like Tyson Holmes. Algieri down and out in 4!

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    I'm with you Riverside. MH is one of the toughest and most underrated boxers in the division. He was marked up bad after the fight but he got Ruslan too, although in my opinion Herrera looked worse off after the fight.

With Algieri, Provodnikov is going to use the same tricks he's perfected over the years to land thunderbolt after thunderbolt. When he gets you once, you can't show any weakness. He will come again and you can't show even a little hurt.. Because when Provodnikov smells blood and can see you're limping, he's coming and he's bringing with him everything and the kitchen sink.