English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Jail Documents Reveal Troubled Mayweather

Hybrid View

Jail Documents Reveal Troubled Mayweather

While much has been said, little has been known about Floyd Mayweather's 60-day stint in jail back in the summer of 2012.

Until just recently.

Official Las Vegas jail documents reveal letters penned by Mayweather himself, detailing a troubled soul unable to cope with his life behind bars.

"I did not commit a felony, why am I being treated like a murderer or a child predator," an impassioned Mayweather wrote. "I've lost weight, mentally my mind is not the same I'm stressed out..."

The documents also detail certain perks Mayweather would receive and how he would respond to not getting his way.

"I've been asking to get moved this is not fair ... I have a rib injury, I need surgery and when I get out I'm going to file a lawsuit," a desperate Mayweather would write.

For a man who usually speaks in cliches, the letters are compelling reads that give a rare glimpse into the psyche of themultimillionaire boxer.

I've attached them here. Enjoy:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7L...3pTeTQ/preview

El Dude

Re: Jail Documents Reveal Troubled Mayweather

The Alpha Pound for Pound Wolf of The Ring Money Floyd Mayweather is a human being. No Athlete, no person is perfect not even El Dude. We hold our champions and place them on glorious pedestals of fame for their endeavoring labors and we honor and respect their trials and tribulations for they are our inspiration. What Floyd has done outside of Boxing is irrelevant to Boxing and the Boxing Commentaries of El Dude. The Law is the Law and time has been served, now its time to let it go.
    El Dude Boxing Commentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by El Dude View Post
    The Alpha Pound for Pound Wolf of The Ring Money Floyd Mayweather is a human being. No Athlete, no person is perfect not even El Dude. We hold our champions and place them on glorious pedestals of fame for their endeavoring labors and we honor and respect their trials and tribulations for they are our inspiration. What Floyd has done outside of Boxing is irrelevant to Boxing and the Boxing Commentaries of El Dude. The Law is the Law and time has been served, now its time to let it go.
    El Dude Boxing Commentaries.
    You beat me too it El Dude, Floyd is human just like the rest of us. He possesses the same potential vulnerabilities as any other human being; he is not impervious to the full spectrum of human emotions.

Not everyone can be B-Hop...

Prison can sure break a man, especially one who lives in a Las Vegas mansion with jacuzzis, a swimming pool, a gym, a game room, a movie theatre, a bedroom designed for royalty and an 8-car garage filled with expensive machines. Was $$$May depressed during his stint in prison? You're damn right he was!

Have you noticed how his attitude has changed since his release? I think most of us will agree he did a lot of growing up in those 60 days of a state-imposed "time out."

Nothing in those letters surprised me. $$$May went from a Maximum Security home to a Maximum Security prison.

Of course he was bummed out!

-Randy G.

No judgement, but come on, just sounds like a spoiled brat who had a reality check.

jail is not fun. I can attest to that for a young Amayseng put down a tough guy for roughing up my sister.

The judge made a statement against a 20year old Amayseng who was an all state athlete and grew up in a boxing gym. He said I took it too far, I said dont physically abuse girls.

Anyway, a few months later I was released and at 20 I didnt whine, cry or complain, you just dont do that in there, you keep all those fears and worries to yourself or you look like, well what Floyd looks like. a big baby

Tough Sentence Amayseng for a young man.... a little excessive I think........you must have come close to making the guy a paraplegic for life.. (the judge must have pictured the assault as "The Hulk" vs Barney Fife lol....). You obviously have a strong mind but in reality, most people aren't built as sturdy as you.

I've only been to jail once or twice for 24 - 36 hours during my life span... in my mind it felt like 24 or 36 years..... My only crime was being too young and dumb to remember to pay my traffic tickets.

The Commish mentioned in an earlier post,.... the sense of deprivation, stress and abandonment Floyd felt when he was serving his sixty days,.. in a revealing post.

but I'm hear to tell ya,.. when you take away my freedom, Isolate me in a 20 by 30ft cell with 16 other men. ... no barrier or curtains in front of the crapper, feed me watered down oat meal, mistery meat, and partially stale milk.

Turn off the lights at ten and tell me when it's time to go to bed and when it's time to get up, then lock the controls on the TV to the public access channel.

And then force me to have to deal with a bully who hoards up all the toilet paper and declared he was only dispensing " 2 squares per use".

a law abiding citizen like myself could run the risk of losing it and committing a capitol crime on the first day. Jail sucks.

Even the simplest Freedoms like taking a shower at home alone and walking down to the corner store for a bag of chips was an opportunity I'd probably would have killed for, lucky for me no one made the offer. . and I make a mere fraction of what Floyd makes.. Imagine what Floyd was missing out on.

Sure I probably would have adjusted if I'd spent a week or a month. but I'm glad I never got a chance to become acclimated to being locked up.

I was an adult at the time and I called my Daddy,... Oh Daddy Help!!!! I asked him to come down and bail me out .... then laughed at the other inmates and flipped them the middle finger on the way out.....and I've never seen the inside of a jail cell ever since.

A fully actualized human being is supposed to find confinement brutal and constricting. It should push you to the limits of insanity. Or else it wouldn't be punishment.

If you're one of those guys who talks about doing a 10 year bid standing on your head,.... or even a week or a month with no problem, I gotta wonder where is your humanity?

Floyd has never been a habitual criminal.(#jail bird)....... yes he had/has some issues, but his reaction to being locked up, while not "honorable" is certainly the way a person should feel, there's nothing honorable about doing time... exercising every possible option in an attempt to get out is what most of us have to do to stay sane until we finally say... damn.... I really gotta do this.
    take it from a guy like me who has no tolerance for being incarcerated.... Floyd did just fine.
    Last edited by brownsugar; 05-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Advanced Users

I cannot match any of the above. Y'all already know my stretch in jail -- Jesuit Catholic Boarding School in Hong Kong.

I was bailed in, not out. And I flipped off a few students. But when I flipped off the nuns, "Everybodeee was Kung-Fu fighting, those fists were as fast as lightning."

And the nuns landed them all upside my cranium, straight to my torso and they kicked me in my arse, shins and knees. They double fudged me up.

But I already told y'all that umpteen times. And I don't wanna beat dat dead horse. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-15-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Agreed Bsug, if one is bragging about doing time, then well ****, something is wrong one way or another.

I made sure after my little visit that I would never go back, and I have not.

Honestly, I would rather have been alone as Floyd was than be in general pop where you have to worry about everyone else and keep your head on a swivel because you just never know who may flip out on you for the most little of reasons.

I think what kept me out of trouble, and this may sound odd, but there was a ping pong table there and I played on that table at least 5 hours a day my entire stay and I never lost a game. Not one. Not only was I good, but my hands were ridiculously fast and word got out I was an athlete and spent some time in a boxing gym. And as stupid as that may sound no one ever wanted to mess with me.

Just like you said and I have always stated, if anyone ended up going back there they either had mental problems or just no self control because there was/is no way I can be back there and deal with that again. NO way NO how. NO thanks. I have walked away from more fights than I can count because I am not going back there for no one.

Like I said, if Floyd was truly complaining it just shows what a spoiled life he has because that place is a damn reality check and I bet the guards were't kissing his butt like he expected.

In there he wasn't the superstar Floyd everyone bowed to, he was an inmate lowlife just like every other criminal the staff looked down upon and treated as such.

Good for him for learning his lesson and how to truly value and appreciate what he has.