English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Re: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I don't think Judah is shot but do think he is chasing bigger names. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Peterson, I think the name Judah really wants at the moment is Broner.

Think about it...Broner likes the spotlight and a fight with Judah puts him in the spotlight and is marketable. Imagine those press conferences. And with how Judah has looked of late, it would be a fight that on paper Broner would be fairly heavily favored.

Judah would make one more decent payday. Clearly, he'd make more money fighting Broner than say Herrera. And Judah may think he can expose Broner whereas Herrera is one tough nut to crack.
    From what I heard, he has no interest in Broner, they're pretty close.

Re: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Change of heart from Wba interim champ Johan Perez camp, Looks like they were offered more $$$ by Gomez and Schaefer, Wrapping up the deal July 12 Canelo/ lara undercard. Perez is the guy who recently beat spadafora.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    Change of heart from Wba interim champ Johan Perez camp, Looks like they were offered more $$$ by Gomez and Schaefer, Wrapping up the deal July 12 Canelo/ lara undercard. Perez is the guy who recently beat spadafora.
    YUP! J Perez really put it on my boy Spadafora -- "The Pittsburg Kid." Holla!

Perez an aggressive fighter, we are comfortable countering, keeping him at distance . Will be good fight

good, keep up the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    good, keep up the momentum.
    Deep, Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    I like this fight a lot if it does happen. Perez has been on an upward swing and gotten a lot better in the ring since he won a majority decision over Steve Forbes in January 2013. His defense in particular has gotten a lot better. He is aggressive and fights in what could best be described as a very fan friendly style.

I like Herrera in this fight but think it will be a good one. I hope it happens as it would be an excellent addition to the PPV.