English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Re: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Judge El Dude fairly and by my work not by what others tell me to do and with no disrespect to you this is the style of El Dude. I am no punk but I don't back down, I write like I did in College English 1A and 1B and do it like a story pulled from a book not a cover.
    Last edited by El Dude; 05-14-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Re: Peterson and Judah have turn down offers to fight Mauricio Herrera on July 12th Why?

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Wow.. They must have forgotten that Karim Mayfield had him looking quite ordinary just one year ago. Now he's being treated like a member of the new version of the murderers row..
    Brownsugar on a role. Nice one mate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Easy answer:

-Both are coming off of at least one less than stellar showing in the last 12 months.

-Herrera does not bring any real pub or money to the table

-They saw the Garcia fight and know that Mauricio's awkward style would give them hell and in my opinion a mark in the right hand column.
    Essentially those are the reasons. It's a risk to fight him, he's a talented tough fighter but he doesn't have a strong following yet. But his popularity sure did take a boost from his previous fight.

Zab Judah can't really be picking and choosing opponents so stringently at this point though....

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    Essentially those are the reasons. It's a risk to fight him, he's a talented tough fighter but he doesn't have a strong following yet. But his popularity sure did take a boost from his previous fight.

Zab Judah can't really be picking and choosing opponents so stringently at this point though....
    High risk low reward fighting Mauricio, Super Zab is got mileage and would likely get jabbed, boxed and beaten same way Pauliebeat him. Johan Perez is still in the works, would be nice, he is a very aggresive fighter, i think he would get counter good.

Geez, this is turning into Journalism 101.

"Okay, kids, let's make sure we deliver short, conside paragraphs to the readers..." we were told on Day 1 in class.

Anyway, The Good Doctor is right on point with why both Zab Judah & Lamont Peterson frowned at Mauricio Herrera as an opponent. They are judging Herrera on his last performance, not on several before that. They saw what he did to Danny Garcia. Neither one wants anything to do with that, so they each shook there head at a proposed fight against him. I wish they didn't.

But I can understand it.

Okay, back to class. Back to Journalism 101.

-Randy G.

The Good Doctor did in deed nail it. I would have liked to see either Peterson or Judah in with Herrera but can understand why each turned it down. If I were managing those fighters, I would have strongly advised against either taking that fight.

I do have a suggestion though that makes sense. What about Peterson-Judah? If Judah can't make 140, forget the belts and do a catch weight.

Its a good fight and the kind of fight that both men need in their respective careers at the moment. Judah is a name for Peterson and if they take the fight to Barclays can help enhance Peterson's marketability outside the DC area. For Judah, he's at the stage in his career where he needs a big win to get his name back in mix at Welterweight. A win over Peterson would certainly qualify.

Johan Perez has turn down an offer to fight herrera on July 12, broner like the big stage, hoping he come out and steps in, he doesn't always make the right decisions

Zab is shot. He can not win against MH. Peterson is on the edge and about to fall out of boxing if he doesn't get a nice win and look good. He will not get a nice win against MH. MH schooled Garcia and ruined his phoney homecoming. PR fans know who won that fight.
    MH should stalk Boner. Maybe make a video at an old folks home. Tell Broner that he protects the elderly and does not rob them like Boner does. Put it on those nasty worldstar sites. It might shame boner enough to make the fight. MH deserves a big payday fight. He beat ruslan and embarrassed Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Zab is shot. He can not win against MH. Peterson is on the edge and about to fall out of boxing if he doesn't get a nice win and look good. He will not get a nice win against MH. MH schooled Garcia and ruined his phoney homecoming. PR fans know who won that fight.
    MH should stalk Boner. Maybe make a video at an old folks home. Tell Broner that he protects the elderly and does not rob them like Boner does. Put it on those nasty worldstar sites. It might shame boner enough to make the fight. MH deserves a big payday fight. He beat ruslan and embarrassed Garcia
    I don't think Judah is shot but do think he is chasing bigger names. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Peterson, I think the name Judah really wants at the moment is Broner.

Think about it...Broner likes the spotlight and a fight with Judah puts him in the spotlight and is marketable. Imagine those press conferences. And with how Judah has looked of late, it would be a fight that on paper Broner would be fairly heavily favored.

Judah would make one more decent payday. Clearly, he'd make more money fighting Broner than say Herrera. And Judah may think he can expose Broner whereas Herrera is one tough nut to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    EPIC promotional strategy!

Shoot, Broner is the first one to go below the belt and is proud for doing so. He should do it.

Riverside, pass the word.