English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Time! The Winners Are...

It's Time! The Winners Are...

I'll make this short and sweet.

Of course, the vast majority of the epic boxing discourse takes place on this forum.

For those of you who may remember my scoring criteria, it was far easier to find potential winners among individual posts whereas the Boxing Channel saw more sturdy efforts dominate the championship race.

We had some newcomers explode on the scene, the most visible -- without a doubt -- being El Dude and his almost manic volume contributed over the past few weeks, an output of which we have seen no equal in recent history. At least not while I've been here.

What's ironic is that his best posts ironically came in the first five ones! (Yes, I've read each thread and then I've studied the top competitors' posts over the course of May.)

Wat really struck me with the top spots in this round was that there were several candidates vying for top position. Unfortunately, in this case, they were beaten by supreme contributions from some heavyweights.

I almost liken it to those '70s heavyweights who, while they would've made noise in the '80s, were cursed by coming up in an era with killers like Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Norton.

Without further ado, here are your winners:

1) The Commish - An Ode To May

Brilliance. Pure brilliance.

The second place actually had the first place locked until The Commish, who I can't say enough good things about, who had vowed to drop a rhyme sometime just busted out a post I won't even venture to describe.

What momentarily left me conflicted was that, for one, Commish, in terms of knowledge, background and so forth, is like a middleweight competing with welterweights, so on one end, I thought I should hold him to a different standard, but at the same time, just because of his background that should not disqualify his contributions.

He's single handedly added an entire new dimension to this forum and I'll explain what I mean by that:

What I especially admire is his humility in doing so. Never a know it all, though he very well may be, never does he shamelessly plug his show, though I'm sure no one would mind (and this is actually a common grassroots online marketing strategy; post on forums, plug your ish), and he does everything with tact and knowledge.

Most of all, he sits here and posts with the rest of us because he loves doing so -- justice the rest of the pillars who come here and share for the love. I see sh*tty online trainers who come on forums just to prostitute their sh*tty online mitt sessions.

I can see why he was the youngest commissioner in NY history. I hope to meet the man one day.

Anyway, before the praise takes a turn for the homoerotic, I'll cut it short and just say "bravo." You win. The end. Congrats.

2) Brownsugar and his post-fight take on Mayweather-Maidana.

The post had me cracking up and marveling at Suge's trademark vernacular. It was clever, original, funny, on point, and it showed why Brownsugar is the OG that he is.

He strikes me as a poetic antithesis to Teddy Atlas with his color commentary. "His spastic conceived at home style of pointing his elbow to the heavens while crouching forward during the delivery..."

Or this gem in the same post, "Maidana landed 4 telling low blows, several head butts, half a dozen elbows and one Muy-Thai knee to the face of a crouching Mayweather. (Totally missed by the Ref)."

Cracks me up...over and over and over....

This was a close second to The Commish. Congrats Sugarman.

3) Third palace was a fascinating choice. It was actually two posts tied by the same man, the one and only Radam G.

There were three other guys in the running for this spot as well so this was a tough one.

As we were discussing Deontay Wilder's tussle with Tha Ruler Of Tha Z-Nation Charlie Z, Radam's chilling yet compelling glimpse into the psyche of a fighter when provoked was a riveting read.

So Radam takes this one.

Honorable mentions: Carmine Cas had one crisp, concise post, which has become his trademark recently and could just as easily have earned him honors. Oubobcat who has been contributing with solid workmanlike consistency. Had it not been for the epic singular posts, his sturdy contributions surely would have landed him a spot. And thou he hasn't been active, reigning ROTY Amayseng (he knows why).

So there it is fellas. Head over to the Boxing Channel in a minute for your winners!

It's been fun my boxing cyber fam, thank you reading and commenting on the stuff I've posted and thank you for being great boxing peeps.

Peace!

Shadow

Re: It's Time! The Winners Are...

I guess it wasn't short and sweet. Oh, well... LOL

I would like to thank Floyd Mayweather and all his pawns who get paid to fix fights and to judge fights according to the puppet master's choice. El Dude came, I saw and I kicked all your asses, my work compared to the boring long dry comments and whack rap songs from your fake Gurus are pathetic. What was the intent from these clowns, to find talented work and plagiarize from the work of the upcoming stars or to simply advertise a fake contest to promote the fallacies of the sport that continue to plague the sport of Boxing. I now know what Marcos Maidana went through in Las Vegas and the goal of El Dude has been proven completed and verified. In the real world of business, my work stands above all. I was on top of all the assignments, I posted my own work, I produced more than any fake champion and my work was original, on target and with flavor. Keep your prize and shove it up your butts for the $ was never my goal you fools, it was to show the world that El Dude has more to offer to the sport of Boxing than what all you true leaches that run these channels have to offer. What I did in 2 weeks will for ever be remembered because we all know who really won and who got the fixed vote. Prepare for El Dude who will write and write about these disgusting forums. BTW, anyone who reads the work of the winners will LOL.
    El Dude with my head up saying up yours to this fake butt-hole of a forum and see my work burry this forum in the real world.

Advanced Users

Congrats, guys! Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by El Dude View Post
    I would like to thank Floyd Mayweather and all his pawns who get paid to fix fights and to judge fights according to the puppet master's choice. El Dude came, I saw and I kicked all your asses, my work compared to the boring long dry comments and whack rap songs from your fake Gurus are pathetic. What was the intent from these clowns, to find talented work and plagiarize from the work of the upcoming stars or to simply advertise a fake contest to promote the fallacies of the sport that continue to plague the sport of Boxing. I now know what Marcos Maidana went through in Las Vegas and the goal of El Dude has been proven completed and verified. In the real world of business, my work stands above all. I was on top of all the assignments, I posted my own work, I produced more than any fake champion and my work was original, on target and with flavor. Keep your prize and shove it up your butts for the $ was never my goal you fools, it was to show the world that El Dude has more to offer to the sport of Boxing than what all you true leaches that run these channels have to offer. What I did in 2 weeks will for ever be remembered because we all know who really won and who got the fixed vote. Prepare for El Dude who will write and write about these disgusting forums. BTW, anyone who reads the work of the winners will LOL.
    El Dude with my head up saying up yours to this fake butt-hole of a forum and see my work burry this forum in the real world.
    El Dude, don't take it out on the forum.

Take it out on me. And while you were active, yes, it's not just about quantity.

In this judges opinion -- and ultimately, the only one that counted, in this instance! -- your best work came in the beginning.

I recommended how your work (and winning chances) could improve while still keeping the El Dude originality but you didn't want to listen to the only guy whose opinion mattered from a forum contest standpoint.

But that's not the Forum's fault. I did appreciate your effort even though you tacked a couple of hours on my assignment. The Good Doctor may look differently.

And in all fairness, I did mention my scoring criteria for all to see. So don't be mad at the Forum.

Nice job being the Mod Shadow, you did us proud as I knew you would. One question though, with 31 days in the month shouldn't you have judged the full 15 days with the winners being announced today?

ODE TO THE DUDE

When I read the comments,
    of the guy called El Dude,
    I thought they were nasty & vicious,
    and just downright rude.

He wrote "The $ was never my goal, you fools,"
    Well, I think that's a crock of bullspit,
    For all along, he kept coming on strong,
    Telling us he was here, he was in it to win it.

I guess it was me he called a "fake guru,"
    A sore-loser he is, that side to all of us he did show,
    We just shrug with his words, 'cause all like him are nerds,
    As for me, I've forgotten more than he'll ever know.

But, hey, El Dude, try again,
    Here comes the sixth month of the year,
    and if you desire, to continue your fire,
    print this out, and insert in your rear!

-Randy G.

Thank you so much. I am absolutely honored.

In my upcoming book, "Glove Affair," I write--and truly mean--that I am the luckiest fight fan ever put on this Earth. All I ever wanted to do was sit ringside at a pro boxing match...ANY boxing match. I never, ever, EVER dreamed of what would be headed my way.

I have been fortunate because I have been able to make my living in boxing for the last 45 years. I still can't get enough of this sport When I come on this site, I am mingling with "my people," my fight guys. I listen to you. I learn from you. I will always be learning something. I enjoy all of you. Yes, ALL of you. Personalities are what make up the world.

I think boxing is the greatest sport in the world. I also think this site is the greatest in boxing. We say what we want and when we want to. Sometimes, what we each say ruffles some feathers. But that's okay. It gives us tougher and thicker skin. As we go through life, we need to have tough skin, thick skin.

I can talk boxing 25 hours a day. Being on here is every bit as much joy and fun to me as doing a TV gig or sittiing behind the microphone at SiriusXM. Boxing is totally in my every cell.

Thank you guys for coming into my life in 2014.

Hopefully, I will be able to meet many of you at this year's IBHOF weekend.

Everybody else on here, I look forward to shaking hands with in the future.

-Randy G.

Administrator

Wow, look at the Commish sitting down on his punches!

Why can't this forum have the dude from The Big Lebowski? That dude is better than this dude. Nice poem Commish.