English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Now I Know Why They Call Him Mile High Mike...Rado's On That El Dude Cali Kush (POS)

Now I Know Why They Call Him Mile High Mike...Rado's On That El Dude Cali Kush (POS)

You know, with my psych background, I sometimes look for certain "tells" that will reveal something about a guy's character.

As I was watching the post-fight interview, I noticed that while Mike Alvarado appeared to be classy in defeat, certain words he used revealed some character flaws that reminded me of El Dude.

Basically, his verbal and body language told me he was full of excuses but was very cognizant of not articulating them for fear of backlash.

In between saying all the right boilerplate things with the conviction of a thief caught redhanded, Alvarado said loser ish like, "Marquez felt my power and ran away...."

Huh?

Or this self-righteous quote that really allowed me a glimpse into his psyche: "I love wars (implying Marquez doesn't) and he EXPLOITED that."

What!? Exploited? As if he only lost because Marquez let the uber-macho Mike beat himself...

And yes, I know you can use exploited in that way but the "classy" way of using it was incongruent with his body language.

Instead, it was as if he had thought of these excuses during those lapses in action when he would stare at his Mexican papi. #excuse #loser

I thought he sounded like a piece of sh*t, honestly. HOWEVER I let it slide since it came right after 12 rounds of combat getting beaten from pillar to post from someone who should be 4-5 weight classes lower than you...

Lo and behold, he confirmed my suspicions today: Mile High Mike is either high as a kite or just a straight up el douche bag.

"I thought it was a close fight," this moron said. "I thought I did enough. I really believe the crowd, during those close rounds, was the difference and swayed the judges his way."

This POS actually came out today and bitched about the scores, the referees and probably was bitching off the record that Marquez shouldn't have punched him as hard as he did because it stung.

He probably also tried to convince the reporter he wasn't really knocked down but that he saw some pennies he wanted to pick up.

Then he goes on to say how he thought he won the fight, that he was robbed, that he was cheated of a knockdown when the camera CLEARLY showed Marquez NOT touching the canvas.

WHAT? Is he crazy?!?

If he wants to make the most of his career, he needs to stop making excuses for himself and just freakin' go home and work hard.

El Dude, er, Mile High Mike, just face it: you got smoked. The end.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 05-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Re: Now I Know Why They Call Him Mile High Mike...Rado's On That El Dude Cali Kush (POS)

Great post, Shadow.

You really don't yhink the crowd swayed those judges? Even a little?

-Randy G.

Re: Now I Know Why They Call Him Mile High Mike...Rado's On That El Dude Cali Kush (POS)

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Great post, Shadow.

You really don't yhink the crowd swayed those judges? Even a little?

-Randy G.
    Thanks, Commish!

If one guy clearly controls the action -- landing crisp and precise power shots at an astonishing 57% clip while the other guy does little -- then I don't think rounds are in question to the point where it did or even could have played a factor.

It was a pro-Marquez crowd, no doubt. But it's not like the outcome was in question. I thought the scores were on the money - I had it 118-109.

And at the end of the day, no one remembers what the cards say. All that matters is that they get the right guy, which they did. His complaints are just a bad case of excuse-itis.

Well ...you have to give him points for trying to put a positive spin on a horrible loss...what else is left? Except to lick his wounds and go back to the drawing board.

Looking back through the perfect lense of hindsight...... if he had it to do all over again.. I wonder if he would have taken a slower route to the top and spent more time working on his technique?.

Instead of rushing to meet all those tough challenges?

Good post.

I have been a fan of Alvarado inside the ring but not outside the ring.

One thing the interview tells me is that he was lining up his excuses before the fight started.

Going into the fight, some suggested (myself included) that if the fight was close that the crowd may have an influence on the judges. Lets get this out of the way right now. The fight was not close. The crowd had no influence at all on the judges. The rounds by and large were very easy to score. There were maybe a couple close rounds (maybe) and that's it. Most rounds were easily carried by Marquez.

Alvarado had that excuse lined up regardless of the outcome. The proof is the interview. He knows he was beaten and yet he still had the audacity to say the crowd had an influence on the judges.

What does this tell me? It tells me Alvarado was not confident he could beat Marquez. He entered the ring with logical excuses in his mind as to why he was going to lose. It wasn't going to be his fault. And that also explains the way he fought. He was tentative and unsure of himself. Alvarado was not confident in his abilities in the ring against Marquez and was beaten before he entered the squared circle that night.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I have been a fan of Alvarado inside the ring but not outside the ring.

One thing the interview tells me is that he was lining up his excuses before the fight started.

Going into the fight, some suggested (myself included) that if the fight was close that the crowd may have an influence on the judges. Lets get this out of the way right now. The fight was not close. The crowd had no influence at all on the judges. The rounds by and large were very easy to score. There were maybe a couple close rounds (maybe) and that's it. Most rounds were easily carried by Marquez.

Alvarado had that excuse lined up regardless of the outcome. The proof is the interview. He knows he was beaten and yet he still had the audacity to say the crowd had an influence on the judges.

What does this tell me? It tells me Alvarado was not confident he could beat Marquez. He entered the ring with logical excuses in his mind as to why he was going to lose. It wasn't going to be his fault. And that also explains the way he fought. He was tentative and unsure of himself. Alvarado was not confident in his abilities in the ring against Marquez and was beaten before he entered the squared circle that night.
    That's a good point. He could've had them lined up way before, which I agree suggests he didn't even believe he had a shot from the beginning. Makes total sense, considering how he fought. And you're right, it wasn't going to be his fault.

Personally, I'm big on accountability which is why his nonsense struck a nerve with me.

Thanks for the comment, I really, really appreciate your consistently intelligent contributions and observations. Astute and super sharp.