English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stugots

Re: Stugots

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Nonetheless, or moreover, Showtime Po's fate against Money May will be similar to what the moolah luvah [$¡¢] did to the red-headed hype. Holla!
    You think? I think Canelo **** the bed, had a terrible performance against Floyd, quite embarrassing..

I think Porter can push Floyd to the limit with his physicality. He also can throw punches while moving his feet, something Floyd has not faced in a LONG time.

That is the best chance of anyone beating Floyd besides Pac. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    You guys are right on target about Porter. He is a big welterweight. I don't mean Thomas Hearns big, but more muscled and thick. Paulie Malignaggi looked like a splinter in there against him.

Was Porter on "juice?" I doubt it. The champ is a gym rat who lives to be a boxer. He has no wife, no girlfriend, no significant other. He lives with his trainer, who happens to be his dad. While many fighters don't go near the gym until they have to, Porter is in the gym all the time because he wants to be there.

I believe he is so good, that in a short time down thge road, Shawn Porter is going to be the man who beats Floyd Mayweather!

That's how good I think he3 is going to become!

-Randy G.
    I am with you Sir.

As for Paulie, I have really come to like him over the years. As a fellow Italian, I was a bit thrown off by his big mouth years and years back. However, as time progressed so did Paulie, and so did his consistent demeanor of fighting tough opposition.
    I feel he is a great analyst and commentator. I look forward to him continuing that career.

I think he deserves a final fight against decent but not overwhelming opposition at home where he can retire on a win.

Or, he can take a year off and reevaluate himself and possibly fight here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Porter fought above 147 in the amateurs too. He has a whole lot more than modest punching power. What's more is that he makes the most of that power by the correct technique on his punches. If he hits you it's timber time.

Porter as a person wouldn't do it either. He's got a good, very close knit, team behind him and he's been doing it by the book since he started lacing up gloves for the first time as a pup.

There's always rumours put out by people who haven't watched more than 100 rounds correctly about what this guy's doing and what the other guy's doing but you've got to be able to sift through it all (if you care to listen/read) and find what actually might be true.

Porter has always had a great engine because he works to keep it that way. He trains hard, eats his oats and sweats out his weaknesses.
    Yes, he even debuted at light heavyweight or super middleweight I think!

I haven't watched the fight so I have no idea what it looked like one way or the other. I'm not saying I see anything, either. Just relaying what some people, fighters and S&C guys are saying. Definitely raised some eyebrows...

And Skibbz, I don't buy for a second that a good guy wouldn't do it. And neither should you.

Shane Mosley, one of the nicest guys in boxing period, was a deliberate, admitted, sophisticated serial juicer on what they call a "high-octane" program. Steroids, EPO, all that good stuff.

People said the same stuff about Shane. "Oh, he would never do that..."

Well, he did. Knowingly.

I wouldn't put it past ANYONE.

Have any of you guys seen or experienced people doing the stuff? I've been in gyms where I knew someone was doing it and it was pretty much common knowledge who were and were not, but on a professional level in boxing? Have you guys seen that?

Advanced Users

C'mon, The Shadow, boxing is sleazy, shady and sneaky. Of course, one sees syet going all around him/her. Just like in college, ninety percent of the students are cheating. And the iota who are not are Asians, because we have A-side meth and tiger mommies. Hehe! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 04-26-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Interesting drug admission -- after multiple initial denials -- from a super nice beloved dude known for having great ethics and integrity.

He tries to dance around it here, while under oath, until confronted with it unequivocally.

"Yes or no, did you know you were taking EPO?!"

"Yes."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMIB7g1mq0

Ironically, this guy got his stash from the same guy who just got Porter ready for Malignaggi.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Interesting drug admission -- after multiple initial denials -- from a super nice beloved dude known for having great ethics and integrity.

He tries to dance around it here, while under oath, until confronted with it unequivocally.

"Yes or no, did you know you were taking EPO?!"

"Yes."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMIB7g1mq0

Ironically, this guy got his stash from the same guy who just got Porter ready for Malignaggi.
    Damn you Shadow, this video kills my spirit, Shane is my dude....

ugh, to be the best you can't put anything past anyone. sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Damn you Shadow, this video kills my spirit, Shane is my dude....

ugh, to be the best you can't put anything past anyone. sadly.
    I know, right? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Have any of you guys seen or experienced people doing the stuff? I've been in gyms where I knew someone was doing it and it was pretty much common knowledge who were and were not, but on a professional level in boxing? Have you guys seen that?
    I've seen it in baseball.

And unlike my boy RG, I truly think it makes a difference physically.

Of course steroids wont help you hit a 90 mph baseball...However for those who have the skill and ability

to hit one say 300 feet, when on the juice with increased bat speed and torque these guys are now no

longer hitting 300 feet fly balls that are caught, but now hitting 330 feet balls that are landing on the other

side of the fence. I absolutely think it makes a difference. I have seen it in guys.

Also you have increased recovery and energy and can get more time in the gym to prepare.