English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get hold of Egis Klimas and Team Lomachenko? Admins, moderators, fellow posters, anyone...

How can I get hold of Egis Klimas and Team Lomachenko? Admins, moderators, fellow posters, anyone...

Is there any way I can get in touch with Egis Klimas and Team Lomachenko? I wanted to discuss gameplans with them. I know what Vasyl needs to utilise to win the fight. A background - I've analysed Lomachenko's fights (around 40 of them) many times over and understand the way he fights to fine details.

This is one way that it can be pretty frustrating for a fan of the sport lol hard to get in touch with people.

Re: How can I get hold of Egis Klimas and Team Lomachenko? Admins, moderators, fellow posters, anyone...

Spill your beans! How will you take V Lo to victory #2?

Could check them in their gym, contact them via the promoter, social media or his website/email. Basically, jump in head first and don't stop trying.

Re: How can I get hold of Egis Klimas and Team Lomachenko? Admins, moderators, fellow posters, anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Spill your beans! How will you take V Lo to victory #2?

Could check them in their gym, contact them via the promoter, social media or his website/email. Basically, jump in head first and don't stop trying.
    Thanks for the advice. I will send an email to:
    a. the gym that Vasyl trained at for the Salido fight
    b. Oxnard Gym - hell I'll even send a copy of the email to guys like Pelos Garcia lool
    c. the websites and emails they provide.
    d. Somehow get in touch with Joey Gamache..no idea how yet lol

The problem is, it'll be a long email, and they have to be able to 'buy-in' to me first, they can't think I'm just any fan who doesn't really know much and is delusional etc. looool

I understand all of the fine details that Lomachenko has to improve for the future, I haven't broken down the Gary Russell Jr fight yet but I will soon. I dont think theres any point of writing down a completely intricate breakdown if it's not going to be seen by Team Lomachenko.

The King: It is next-to-impossible to merely call up a fighter or his manager and offer your services to them. This is boxing, my friend. No manager or trainer in his right mind would allow a total stranger to step through their doors and have access to their fighter. In this case, one of history's greatest amateur stars.

Think of being a football fan. Or a baseball fan. Do you have easy access to the players? No. The closest you can get to them is when you are in a stadium and they are on the field. Otherwise, fanas get nowhere near a player or entertainer.

Being a fan is fun, but it doesn't come with the perk of getting to know and hang with your favorite athlete/s. Try looking for them on Twitter and Facebook. Sometimes, they (or whoever runs their social media site), respond.

Good luck.

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The_King_AJ View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will send an email to:
    a. the gym that Vasyl trained at for the Salido fight
    b. Oxnard Gym - hell I'll even send a copy of the email to guys like Pelos Garcia lool
    c. the websites and emails they provide.
    d. Somehow get in touch with Joey Gamache..no idea how yet lol

The problem is, it'll be a long email, and they have to be able to 'buy-in' to me first, they can't think I'm just any fan who doesn't really know much and is delusional etc. looool

I understand all of the fine details that Lomachenko has to improve for the future, I haven't broken down the Gary Russell Jr fight yet but I will soon. I dont think theres any point of writing down a completely intricate breakdown if it's not going to be seen by Team Lomachenko.
    You have to be very tactful in your approach. You say you have analyzed 40 of his fights. His team has analyzed ALL of his fights, plus they watch him day in and day out.

Remember, this is what they do. Also, from my understanding, the head coach is responsible for strategy and there's a process to get to that stage.

So if you claim to have the secret to improving him x amount of percent -- and you very well may have the secret -- they might take offense to that. Even if you did have the key and shared it with them, it's hard to imagine they would give you credit for it.

Your emails might even get dismissed as well. Keep in mind, you're probably not the first fan that reaches out to them with strategy advice. They tend to ignore it. At least in other sports they do.

(Keep in mind, everybody and their mama as trying to advice Canelo on how to beat Floyd. Even Roberto friggin Duran! And Canelo dismissed his a$$, saying he appreciated it but didn't need it.)

However, to build some credibility, maybe start doing some breakdown a la Mister Lee Wylie to demonstrate a keen analytical eye so you at least have something to send them for reference. I doubt they will read a long email from a stranger.

Get a nice little following and then they might take you seriously or at least look at it, dismiss it, and then use it privately.

That said, nothing is impossible. If you go track them down in person and do a HELLUVA sales job, who knows?

I definitely think it can be done. But you have to be mindful of how it comes across to them.

Shadow, your first linesaid it best: "You have to be tactful in your approach."

I can just imagine what the response would be from a trainer who gets a message from a fan which, in effect, says, "ZYou guys are missing something. Why don't you hire me so I can work with the fighter and eventually push you out."

We all have to start somewhere. Usually, that start is at the bottom. Go to the local boxing gyms. Work out there or just sit back and observe. Don't step on any toes. Don't correct another trainer. Don't be pushy. Keep your eyes open. Keep your ears open. Keep your mouth shut. Eventually, you'll become part of the fabric of that gym. This is especially true in boxing gyms, which are limited in their numbers.

As far as getting in touch with these guys almost immediately, go on Facebook. You will be surprised how many boxing personalities have FB accounts. It doesn't mean they will immediately (or ever) answer a private message from you. But it's worth the try.

Good luck in your efforts.

-Randy G.

Exactly, Randy.

AJ, trainers are extremely territorial. Cus D'Amato used to be paranoid about people getting near his fighters.

In order to get near them, you need to have credibility. And if you have training credibility and try to approach, you will be shunned -- especially with a guy who has future money making potential for the principals.

Randy's suggestion is good. Don't step on any toes, help out here and there and before you know it you're an integrated part of the gym...but I get the impression you don't really care for that that much? You just want to get straight to Vasyl, right?

In that case, write your analyses on here -- best place to get quality feedback and honest evaluation of your strategic and analytical acumen; you may be better or worse than you think -- and hope Team Lomachenko sees them.

You could even send them a link from that. "Hey, here's an interesting discussion about Vasyl from some fans, fighters, writers and commissioners; thought you might like it. Check it out. AJ"

You only need to convince the right one, right?

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Exactly, Randy.

AJ, trainers are extremely territorial. Cus D'Amato used to be paranoid about people getting near his fighters.

In order to get near them, you need to have credibility. And if you have training credibility and try to approach, you will be shunned -- especially with a guy who has future money making potential for the principals.

Randy's suggestion is good. Don't step on any toes, help out here and there and before you know it you're an integrated part of the gym...but I get the impression you don't really care for that that much? You just want to get straight to Vasyl, right?

In that case, write your analyses on here -- best place to get quality feedback and honest evaluation of your strategic and analytical acumen; you may be better or worse than you think -- and hope Team Lomachenko sees them.

You could even send them a link from that. "Hey, here's an interesting discussion about Vasyl from some fans, fighters, writers and commissioners; thought you might like it. Check it out. AJ"

You only need to convince the right one, right?
    Wow! I don't believe some of what I'm reading. You advisors to AJ have apparently came in on a different train. Good-and-great trainers aren't that paranoid of fans. They listen to everything and everybody. And read everything from everybody. And often write them back. Even the trainers, who couldn't read and write back in da day, had someone to read fan letters and write the fans back.

In the words of the late, great Cus d'Amato: "You never know who's carrying the best advice for a fighter...Listen and read everywhere, even if you have to pretend not to."

The late, great GBTOAT Angie Dundee got a call to his hotel room from a "loud-mouth kid" teenager wanting boxing knowledge and to spar with light-heavyweight king "Dancing Master" Willie Pastrano.

I'm speaking for myself. I don't know any nasty top gun trainers -- dead or alive -- that didn't at least pretend to be listening to a fan. Just in kindness, they will listen to outta-the-loop people.

The trainers are guarded and paranoid against in-da-loop and in-da-game advisors in my experience. Insiders will befriend you, and betray you. They will tell a trainer's fighter the wrong jive just to get him beat.

In the words of TTS's own DDV: "Boxing is full of weasels and squirrels."

But it is also full of kind, great ones -- long gone to heaven and still around. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Wow! I don't believe some of what I'm reading. You advisors to AJ have apparently came in on a different train. Good-and-great trainers aren't that paranoid of fans. They listen to everything and everybody. And read everything from everybody. And often write them back. Even the trainers, who couldn't read and write back in da day, had someone to read fan letters and write the fans back.

In the words of the late, great Cus d'Amato: "You never know who's carrying the best advice for a fighter...Listen and read everywhere, even if you have to pretend not to."

The late, great GBTOAT Angie Dundee got a call to his hotel room from a "loud-mouth kid" teenager wanting boxing knowledge and to spar with light-heavyweight king "Dancing Master" Willie Pastrano.

I'm speaking for myself. I don't know any nasty top gun trainers -- dead or alive -- that didn't at least pretend to be listening to a fan. Just in kindness, they will listen to outta-the-loop people.

The trainers are guarded and paranoid against in-da-loop and in-da-game advisors in my experience. Insiders will befriend you, and betray you. They will tell a trainer's fighter the wrong jive just to get him beat.

In the words of TTS's own DDV: "Boxing is full of weasels and squirrels."

But it is also full of kind, great ones -- long gone to heaven and still around. Holla!
    I was referring to trainers and insiders like you mention, which makes it hard.

Like I said, if he can catch them in person and do a helluva sell job, he might get lucky.

Maybe you know someone who has a few minutes to see his breakdown?

Advanced Users

Trainers would snob him not. He cannot stir up any great trainer's golden or silver pot. They would listen just to pass the time away. It's not going to mess up their day. They'll treat da dude okay. And then just do things their way. Unless, he says something that they capitalize on. Holla!