English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Who Here Tapes Fights for Future Viewing ?

Who Here Tapes Fights for Future Viewing ?

By this I don't mean taping a fight because you have to be out of the house when the show goes live ... I mean taping a fight to keep with your DVD collection, assuming it's worth keeping.

At one time there was a lot of buying, selling, and trading of taped fights. I'm guessing that there's not much of a marketplace anymore.

Re: Who Here Tapes Fights for Future Viewing ?

I don't think so Arne, YouTube kinda takes care of that. I'm sure there are some who still do it but for me personally, I just catch the fights on the web.

I think piratebay is the modern day trading marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by ArneK. View Post
    By this I don't mean taping a fight because you have to be out of the house when the show goes live ... I mean taping a fight to keep with your DVD collection, assuming it's worth keeping.

At one time there was a lot of buying, selling, and trading of taped fights. I'm guessing that there's not much of a marketplace anymore.
    Personally I record every thing I watch... So I can have a reference when choosing the outcome of the next fight.. I record everybody...champs, prospects, ESPN fights, boxing after dark... Hispanic boxing shows in Mexico... Amateur world series of boxing ... Bum of the month.. I don't care... But I go back and weed out the truly irrelevant stinkers once every 90 days.

I used to do so but as The Shadow stated with YouTube I have not found the need to do so recently.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Personally I record every thing I watch... So I can have a reference when choosing the outcome of the next fight.. I record everybody...champs, prospects, ESPN fights, boxing after dark... Hispanic boxing shows in Mexico... Amateur world series of boxing ... Bum of the month.. I don't care... But I go back and weed out the truly irrelevant stinkers once every 90 days.
    I did that in 1999, for the whole year. Never done it again since, but man you must have a lot of tape to watch. A boxing library is the best.

Wow now I feel obsolete lol....ha!

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I used to do so but as The Shadow stated with YouTube I have not found the need to do so recently.
    True; did it for awhile before Youtube.