English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LIKE MIKE? Is Floyd Mayweather the Michael Jordan of Boxing?

Advanced Users

Re: LIKE MIKE? Is Floyd Mayweather the Michael Jordan of Boxing?

Darn, MisterLee! Hehe! That was COLD.

I feel the CHILL. Money May wouldn't fight Jack, but he would fight his babies' mommas -- I mean JILL.

I don't know if he could wear Mike's jockstrap. But he can scrap. Holla!

Yeah, MJ was and still is a global icon. There is almost nobody on Jordan's level. On the court Jordan was a killer, ruthless, win it all or go home. Living in Chicago at just the right age I saw the whole thing. From his rookie year I was going to games and just watching every move he made, with or without the ball. Floyd doesn't compare on any level.
    Lets never speak of this again.

I think Floyd's Outside the ring persona sometimes blinds people to in his in ring brilliance, even though Jordan was wildly wealthy he was more know for his talent and competitiveness than his financial exploits.. Ever since 2007 when Mayweather started calling himself "Money" he's had more people watching him hoping he loses...

I do believe that Mayweather is a level ahead of 99% of boxers in the game, but if he was more humble people would appreciate it more...

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPawFlo View Post
    I think Floyd's Outside the ring persona sometimes blinds people to in his in ring brilliance, even though Jordan was wildly wealthy he was more know for his talent and competitiveness than his financial exploits.. Ever since 2007 when Mayweather started calling himself "Money" he's had more people watching him hoping he loses...

I do believe that Mayweather is a level ahead of 99% of boxers in the game, but if he was more humble people would appreciate it more...
    These same people would not notice him, and still not appreciate him, if he were not a nuisance. Being what and who he is, is what bring the haters and curious running with BIG pay to see him play. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterLee View Post
    The Bulls never asked the Lakers for a larger purse, blood testing, and to walk in second... oh yeah, and Michael Jordan was also POPULAR among everyone young and old.
    C'mon man, that's cold. Be fair. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3854403

Different games, different rules.

Definitely Michael Jordan in terms of impact and talent. Thomas in terms of likability.

Also, his public persona aside, Jordan was a grade-A prick with no peer. And I'm a HUGE Jordan fan.

One time in Washington when he was playing for the Wizard, he was hanging out in a local club like those NBA guys like to do.

A fan comes up to Jordan's table with his girlfriend, hoping to meet him and maybe get an autograph. The married Jordan dismisses him, asks his girl in instead, throws the guy out, SCREWS the girl and ruins the relationship.

Yeh, she was a b*tch and dude probably deserved better but that's not exactly a good way to endear yourself to fans.

Another time, rapper Chamillionaire, a massive Mike mark, was at an auction for MJ, bidding on Jordan items. The rapper ended up overpaying for a NC jersey, I believe.

Seven stacks lighter, Chamillionaire saw Jordan hanging out, taking pictures with various women, getting his mack on.

As His Airness was taking a break from his tail chasing and just chillin' with some mutual friends, Chamillionaire humbly approached his hero Jordan about taking a picture with him, seeing as he had just bought one of his jerseys.

"Hell no," Jordan said, loudly. "I don't take pictures with no niggas!"

Jordan was surrounded by Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Spike Lee who all looked embarrassed by the ordeal. "Mike, chill, chill, chill, that's Chamillionaire, he's a big fan and he just supported your action!"

"I don't give a f***! Nigga!"

Jordan then, in a bullying manner, leaned over the rapper in a threatening manner and said, "I'll tell you what. You buy a jersey from me now for $15,000 and I'll take a picture with you!"

Chamillionaire walked off humiliated and heartbroken to see his childhood idol totally tear apart that image he had of him.

As word got back to corporate, Jordan Brand later reached out to Chamillionaire to apologize and offered him free shoes to make things right.

An interesting aside: Jordan freely poses with Macklemore, Justin Bieber and random white dudes. So I guess he's a man of his word. Lol.

He's also been known to be mean to kids asking for autographs, abusing staff, and being a notorious cheap skate who never tips. Whenever Charles Barkley tries to give a homeless person money, Jordan slaps his hand.

"If they can beg, they can just as easily say 'welcome to McDonald's, how can I be of service.'"

Ttally the opposite of his image. By comparison -- and I've experienced this firsthand -- Floyd tips generously.

Also, after the Cotto fight, after I had filed my story, I was standing outside the hotel of his after party with my homeboy, which was hosted by 50 Cent and Kevin Hart which = lots of hot mamas.

As we're plotting how to get in, because the line is ridiculous, Floyd's crew, which was the biggest sausage fest caravan I had ever seen in my life -- 50 dudes deep, easy -- said, "roll with us."

Next thing you know we're walking through the hotel like we're kings. An hour or so earlier I had actually "interviewed" 50 Cent (interviewed = asking two questions at the post-fight press conference and then being politely ignored).

It was freakin' surreal. If you've ever hung out in the "urban" nightlife scene, you'll know that dudes NEVER EVER show any kind of kindness to other guys -- as evidenced by Jordan's stories.

Floyd just said, "roll with us" and then he goes and gives money to the people in the club.

Frivolous? Perhaps. But he's not as bad as he's being made to be.

And Jordan is about as far from his image in real life as you can get.

Advanced Users

Danggit! The $hadow, ease up! It is cold telling about 50-percent real Mike.

In ur minute, nobody is going to wanna be like Mike. He aight! He was just going through a bad emotional time. Holla!

Administrator

Let's never speak of this again.

God, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Let's never speak of this again.

God, I love it.
    The n word has no place in a Jordan thread

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    The n word has no place in a Jordan thread
    I feel you but it was Jordan who said it and in a discriminatory fashion at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Danggit! The $hadow, ease up! It is cold telling about 50-percent real Mike.

In ur minute, nobody is going to wanna be like Mike. He aight! He was just going through a bad emotional time. Holla!
    Sure has lasted a while! This is from his Chicago days up until now. He's a true SOB, it's almost comical.

Floyd ain't no saint either, though, baby mama drama and all.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 04-22-2014 at 10:58 AM.