English Español
Advertisement
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Re: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

I think Shadow got his days mixed up.. It is NO longer April Fools!!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Hehehehe

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Hehehe! No doubt about it! Haha! Holla!

I think Paulie has hurt his hands so much that he rarely throws anything but arm punches. Or he is lying about the hands being hurt and he just naturally doesn't have the power to trade with guys. He does have a very nice jab and shifty footwork. But I think Abner Mares has a better shot at hurting MM than Paulie does Shadow. I know you know your stuff but I just don't see it. Paulie can box real well but I dont see how he can hurt Mayweather. I thought I saw Mayweather countering Guerrero with so much more confidence than he was against Cotto or even Canelo and I think it was because he was less worried about the power. And Paulie will box circles around Guerrero, but my point being is that Mayweather is too good to try and outbox without making him feel the vulnerability of the knockout.

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    I think Paulie has hurt his hands so much that he rarely throws anything but arm punches. Or he is lying about the hands being hurt and he just naturally doesn't have the power to trade with guys. He does have a very nice jab and shifty footwork. But I think Abner Mares has a better shot at hurting MM than Paulie does Shadow. I know you know your stuff but I just don't see it. Paulie can box real well but I dont see how he can hurt Mayweather. I thought I saw Mayweather countering Guerrero with so much more confidence than he was against Cotto or even Canelo and I think it was because he was less worried about the power. And Paulie will box circles around Guerrero, but my point being is that Mayweather is too good to try and outbox without making him feel the vulnerability of the knockout.
    Paulie aint hurting Mayweather - you have it right.

Paulie doesn’t have the power, belief, defence, or big time experience to beat Floyd.

Yes...and, oh I don't know, let's say...Monte Barrett, would beat Klitschko, because, - let me think for a minute - he, uh, has better ring generalship and brings some...intangibles. You heard it here first!

Nice going on this post, Shadow! This one brought back memories of the "Persuasive Speaking" and "Persuasive Writing" courses I told you I took in college.

However, this topic was kind of like the cover lines we used to come up with during my years as an editor at World & International Boxing Magazine and my years at Ring Magazine:

"The One Man Roberto Duran is Afraid Of"

"The Night Muhammad Ali Cried"

Thomas Hearns: "I Will Knock Out Sugar Ray Within Three Rounds"

Exclusive: "I Will Do to Ali what I Did to Duane Bobick," by Ken Norton

Joe Louis: "Larry Holmes is the Greatest Heavyweight Champion Ever"

"The Man Muhammad Ali Refuses to Fight"

Joe Frazier Pleads: "Give Me One More Shot at Clay"

And now there's:

"Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Floyd Mayweather"

You made me buy the magazine with that one, Shadow. I would have bought it anyway, but that one cover line sold me.
    That's what me, Steve Farhood, Peter King, Dan Shocket, Gary Morgenstein, Bill Apter and later what me and Bert Sugar used to do in preparation for next month's magazine.

You teased us on that one. However, you also have to sell it. Really sell it. Tell us WHY Malignaggi will beat Mayweather. Tell me WHY Malignaggi hits so much harder than Money May. Give us an example or two of his crushing power. Tell us WHY the speed and movement of Malignaggi is superior to the speed and movement of Mayweather. Tell us WHY Malignaggi's experience will lead him to victory.

Tell us.

Then sell us!

SELL IT!

-Randy G.