English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Advanced Users

Re: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Paulie, like so many times, will be jobbed in an ugly affair. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Paulie, like so many times, will be jobbed in an ugly affair. Holla!
    If anyone can give him trouble, it's Magic Malignaggi. Just look what he did to those two slicksters.

And Paule has been known to pounce on that style in gyms all over America.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Nope. I don't believe. You never know with Paulie, every time I pick him to lose he wins, and every time I think he will win he loses. I think Porter will rush in and land enough good shots to win on Saturday. I am looking forward to kicking back and watching this tripleheader, whoever wins or loses. I just want to see three good fights. Maybe one great one.
    Magic Malignaggi will make you a believer, my good man! Not saying the missile launched from the hip works against Porter, though Paulie probably pepper Porter with power shots till he crumbles, but against Floyd, it will mark the beginning of a new era.

Lol I always found the idea of Malignaggi challenging Mayweather intriguing; Paulie is a well schooled veteran with some speed, he could give Floyd some problems early but....

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    Lol I always found the idea of Malignaggi challenging Mayweather intriguing; Paulie is a well schooled veteran with some speed, he could give Floyd some problems early but....
    ...once he launches that right missile from the hip with nasty intentions, he will catch Floyd flush.

Yes, Floyd reacted the right way versus Mosley. But how will he react when struck by Magic Malignaggi?

Before doubt is cast, always remember this: a grown man, when motivated, can do serious damage with his fists.

Especially a trained, highly skilled martial artist. Case in point? Watch how light-punching Tim Bradley nearly separated iron chin Manny Pacquiao from his senses with his straight hand.

You think Bradley is a harder puncher than Paulie? Ha! The mere notion is laughable.

Paulie got that power.

And that power is Money Mayweather's Achilles heel.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Magic Malignaggi will make you a believer, my good man! Not saying the missile launched from the hip works against Porter, though Paulie probably pepper Porter with power shots till he crumbles, but against Floyd, it will mark the beginning of a new era.
    Wow! The Shadow is quite facetious this night. Holla!

Man, Paulie is a good guy, pretty slick, has moves and some defence; but he has no faith in his power and ability to trade out and seriously exchange when it matters.

Cotto roughed him right up and I don't see Paulie beating anyone that confidently calls out and handles Cotto the way Floyd did.

I really like Paulie though, and I hope he continues to do well, but he will eat right hand counters over the top of his jab as it comes out of its rabbit warren, and also as it scutters back to the hole, low, tired and leaving the jawline exposed.

Paulie's defence and punch resistance aint that flash either. Sure he can move and stay upright, but if he takes the fight to medium range and starts trading with guys that have better speed, movement and power, then the game changes.

Let's see how he goes against Porter, as he has his work cut out for him right there.

Finally, the Judah Paulie beat was not the same one that Floyd beat, even though that one was not the same that Kostya Tszyu beat.

...once he launches that right missile from the hip with nasty intentions, he will catch Floyd flush.

Yes, Floyd reacted the right way versus Mosley. But how will he react when struck by Magic Malignaggi?

Before doubt is cast, always remember this: a grown man, when motivated, can do serious damage with his fists.

Especially a trained, highly skilled martial artist. Case in point? Watch how light-punching Tim Bradley nearly separated iron chin Manny Pacquiao from his senses with his straight hand.

You think Bradley is a harder puncher than Paulie? Ha! The mere notion is laughable.

Paulie got that power.

And that power is Money Mayweather's Achilles heel.
    If his hand is down by his hip, Floyd will take the opportunity to remind him to raise it to cheek. If he still doesn't get the idea then Floyd will keep banging until the message rings clear. When you first posted this thread I thought it was a joke and i'm still not convinced you're being serious...

You yourself have said that Floyd's eyesight is second to none, his peripheral vision is amongst the best of any athlete and he knows where to look almost instinctively. Suddenly the guy that can't knock out my gran will fire a punch that the grand master won't see nor expect and it's all over? I'm not getting it.

If this is an attempt at some tongue in cheek humour i think it's rather off. Should have posted it in Random Topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    If his hand is down by his hip, Floyd will take the opportunity to remind him to raise it to cheek. If he still doesn't get the idea then Floyd will keep banging until the message rings clear. When you first posted this thread I thought it was a joke and i'm still not convinced you're being serious...

You yourself have said that Floyd's eyesight is second to none, his peripheral vision is amongst the best of any athlete and he knows where to look almost instinctively. Suddenly the guy that can't knock out my gran will fire a punch that the grand master won't see nor expect and it's all over? I'm not getting it.

If this is an attempt at some tongue in cheek humour i think it's rather off. Should have posted it in Random Topics.
    Mayweather would be the favorite, no doubt. But stranger things have happened, Skibbz!

Mayweather would be the favorite, no doubt. But stranger things have happened, Skibbz!
    Yeah man but I personally don't see how it would happen. How can you picture Floyd, the guy who in 100 years from now they will hail as being one of the best defensive fighters ever to have graced the sport, to get caught clean and counted out? I agree strange things happen all the time, especially in this sport... But there's a realistic view and a fantastical view.. Maybe you could explain it how you see it cause I can't picture it for the life of me.