English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Look at the last two guys he fought and arguably beat. One guy who troubled Floyd and one who fights like him.

Both guys with superior athleticism, both guys with superior defense.

Had no problems hitting either.

Here's the main reason, the x-factor, that will ensure victory for the Magic Man over the villanous Money May:

He's the bigger puncher.

Re: Styles Make Fights: Why Magic Malignaggi Beats Money Mayweather

Shadow are you saying Paulie hits harder than Floyd?

If so I disagree.

C'mon man.. Paulie would get beat by Floyd like the almost every other single boxer currently fighting. And he isn't a bigger puncher than Floyd imo. He hits you at nice angles, and he hits hard enough to just about keep guys at bay but his punches aren't powerful.

On Paulie Porter, I like Porter a lot, but I think Paulie has a chance if he spears his jabs and keeps on his toes as he always does. One thing that must play on his mind a lot is what happens if he loses..? He'll end up guarding the gate, not a place he wants to be. Porter will be coming to defend his belt though, this could be the best fight of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    C'mon man.. Paulie would get beat by Floyd like the almost every other single boxer currently fighting. And he isn't a bigger puncher than Floyd imo. He hits you at nice angles, and he hits hard enough to just about keep guys at bay but his punches aren't powerful.

On Paulie Porter, I like Porter a lot, but I think Paulie has a chance if he spears his jabs and keeps on his toes as he always does. One thing that must play on his mind a lot is what happens if he loses..? He'll end up guarding the gate, not a place he wants to be. Porter will be coming to defend his belt though, this could be the best fight of the night.
    I agree, Paulie would keep a Floyd fight competitive as he has good foot agility to stay with Floyd, but hell Floyd would beat him clearly.

I also agree I think Paulie and Porter is going to be a great scrap. Porter will bring it all night and Paulie will be forced to pepper combinations from all angles off the young gun. I am highly looking forward to this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I agree, Paulie would keep a Floyd fight competitive as he has good foot agility to stay with Floyd, but hell Floyd would beat him clearly.

I also agree I think Paulie and Porter is going to be a great scrap. Porter will bring it all night and Paulie will be forced to pepper combinations from all angles off the young gun. I am highly looking forward to this weekend.
    I know man me too, who're your main picks for the bill? Mine are Hopkins, Quillin and Porter. Although I think they'll all have difficult nights. Hopkins is facing a guy with a terrific motor, good skill and a high level of intelligence - the guy only lacks pro experience. Quillin is in there with a guy as hard as bolts. He can take a serious punch and he doesn't have dish one out either. As for the welterweight contest.. We know what Porter will be doing, but how will Paulie react? Can he keep the bull at bay? I'm not so convinced although I hope he does.

Won't be no gates guarded in Brooklyn, that's for sure.

Remember that right hand that caught Floyd flush?

Paulie will launch it from the hip.

With nasty intentions.

And CATCH the Pretty Boy clean.

Only difference this time? Inflation will set in. Call it the Great Depression. Because Money will be no more.

"....8! 9! 10! You're out!"

Magic Malignaggi.

The new king of boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post

Like I said on another post, what worked against Alexander is that mental pressure he put on him through his aggression. That type of stuff tends to make Alexander fall apart, kinda like he did vs. Badley.

Paulie, however, is used to that and can fight through that type of pressure. He's been in there with a virile, undefeated Cotto and the British Bulldog and champion Ricky Hatton.

And lets face it. Hatton's pressure is sicker than Bradley's and Porter's put together.

I think Paulie will surprise us with his skill yet again. He's in a good mental place right now and that's extremely important for a boxer.

I'm not counting out Porter, though.

The other two fights?

I say Quillin but I have no basis for saying that as I haven't seen the other fella. Just doubt they would bring over an unknown world beater that stands a chance upsetting the apple cart.

The main event? Believe it or not, I have Hopkins by TKO (though the most likely outcome is a UD12). I actually had a vivid dream the other day where Hopkins won by TKO in the first round. I can still remember the set-up, the knockdown and the referee intervention.

While a TKO1 would be naive, seeing as "The Welterweight Slayer" hasn't had a KO in 10 years, I do think he can get it done this time.

He may not have had stoppages in generations but he did floor Antonio Tarver, put Coca Calzaghe on his azz, buzzed Pavlik a few times, "scored" two uncredited knockdowns vs. Pascal and, for a ultra-brief spell, had Kayo Murat out on his feet.

So the man can still do some damage. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hopkins TKO.

Shadow are you messing around???

U say Paulie would KO floyd but porter is gonna beat him this weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Like I said on another post, what worked against Alexander is that mental pressure he put on him through his aggression. That type of stuff tends to make Alexander fall apart, kinda like he did vs. Badley.

Paulie, however, is used to that and can fight through that type of pressure. He's been in there with a virile, undefeated Cotto and the British Bulldog and champion Ricky Hatton.

And lets face it. Hatton's pressure is sicker than Bradley's and Porter's put together.

I think Paulie will surprise us with his skill yet again. He's in a good mental place right now and that's extremely important for a boxer.

I'm not counting out Porter, though.

The other two fights?

I say Quillin but I have no basis for saying that as I haven't seen the other fella. Just doubt they would bring over an unknown world beater that stands a chance upsetting the apple cart.

The main event? Believe it or not, I have Hopkins by TKO (though the most likely outcome is a UD12). I actually had a vivid dream the other day where Hopkins won by TKO in the first round. I can still remember the set-up, the knockdown and the referee intervention.

While a TKO1 would be naive, seeing as "The Welterweight Slayer" hasn't had a KO in 10 years, I do think he can get it done this time.

He may not have had stoppages in generations but he did floor Antonio Tarver, put Coca Calzaghe on his azz, buzzed Pavlik a few times, "scored" two uncredited knockdowns vs. Pascal and, for a ultra-brief spell, had Kayo Murat out on his feet.

So the man can still do some damage. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Hopkins TKO.
    Yeah but Paulie got battered pillar to post vs Hatton. It was sad to watch at times. Porter is a good boxer, his am record is solid and he's not done so bad in the pro's. He's got a serious engine and built like an ox. This fight will prove to us whether or not Paulie still has it. Should he be the matador this weekend, he still loses to Brook. If he get's torn up by the Cleveland bull, then he's going to be in an uncomfortable spot.

Interesting but I don't think he needs to follow a TKO route or a KO. Beibut has flaws that are very exploitable especially if you're Bernard.

His unorthodox defence makes him easy to hit, his inability to fight on the back foot is another weakness of his. He loads up his shots, so he can get unbalanced if you slip and counter effectively.

And he should have more than 1 loss on his record. Campillo was robbed in their second bout, two of the judges were blind or forgot how to score a fight. Unfortunately for Gabs, he lost a few more times after that night and is now assuming his role as gatekeeper of the division. Those who beat him earn the a shot a title. I recommend watching both fights, especially the second if you haven't before. Beibut is not Kazakh nightmare.
    Last edited by Skibbz; 04-15-2014 at 09:14 PM.

This topic was a good laugh after a hard day at the gym and work. Paulie was lucky to have beat cano. Paulie beat Broner but Broner is way over rated. I wonder if Broner was able to knockdown the grandma he cold clocked when he grabbed her purse.Porter should out hustle Paulie but let's see . Hopkins might not win this weekend. Styles make fights . BS doesn't have a huge work rate and is a smart counter puncher . He might be ready for Hopkins rough tactics . I wonder what the money line is. As far as kid chocolate I had n dam ahead despite the 6 knockdowns. Good card. I'll catch it because it's not ppv. Hope Paulie ,Hopkins kid c win. I would bet porter ,kid c , BS.