English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Fight City In The World

Advanced Users

Re: Best Fight City In The World

The spoiler state is a tie between New Jersey and Massachusetts. Fighters from those two states will fudge up a fighter's wet dream. Holla at history and stare it down. Holla!

Had a look around this morning thanks for the info RG. Do they meet often in the amateurs? Will spend some time this weekend checking out young fighters from both states.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Had a look around this morning thanks for the info RG. Do they meet often in the amateurs? Will spend some time this weekend checking out young fighters from both states.
    How about in the UK, Skibbz? How do fighters stereo-typically differentiate from the regions in the UK? Like guys from Wales and England ETC... And also, I have been watching Roger Mayweather fights(chavez1&2) and have you noticed how non

communicative he is in/with his corner? He doesn't want to be touched and then the trainer is constantly trying to get his attention. You ever notice that about him in any of his other fights?

Advanced Users

They meet in the amateurs and pros. You will quickly learned that fighters from Mass. And Jersey were/are always upsetting the A-side fighters. Marlon Starling of Mass from back in da day is an example. Holla!

@skibbz: since you're a man of football - and this is Random Topics - I'll broaden the topic and post a link on Europes perhaps best and most passionate fans (football + some hockey)...who, by accident, belongs to my favourite team AIK. Enjoy - and feel free to counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nwXI7jN_So

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    @skibbz: since you're a man of football - and this is Random Topics - I'll broaden the topic and post a link on Europes perhaps best and most passionate fans (football + some hockey)...who, by accident, belongs to my favourite team AIK. Enjoy - and feel free to counter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nwXI7jN_So
    Very convincing video Grimm, AIK seem to have a proper back of supporters behind their club. Which city do they hail from? I know Malmo won the Swedish league this year, where did AIK come?

Now I guess I have to be honest here, and give you some facts.. I always like sharing my informed opinions... But I really enjoying sharing facts. The Bees have a loyal following who travel with their club up and down the country, come rain or shine, and always play the part of the 12th man without equal.

But it's not their support to the first team that in my opinion makes them the best and most passionate football fans in Europe. They give the same love and appreciation to players of the club of all ages. I played for them in the Academy squad in my youth and I can tell you many stories of how the fans of the club helped me in any which way they could. From times they have driven me to tournaments or games, to cherishing the youth players and making them feel special and help fund the club with their own humble wages.

Not many other places have I seen so many fans of the club turn out to watch U13's compete on a weekend. They are invaluable to the club for their support is what drives the players and team to succeed.

Up the Brentford FC!

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like real supporters you've got there!

AIK comes from Solna, north Stockholm, and ended second after Malmö during the 2013 season. Unlike most of Europe, swedish top flight Allsvenskan is played from spring til autumn, with the cup final in a mostly semi-snowy november.

AIK was founded in 1891, and have the largest and most passionate following in the country. Since they hail from the capitol - and have some problems with violent supporters - they are also the most disliked team. Just like your Bees, AIK's different fan groups (Black Army, Ultras Nord, Sol Invictus) sometimes crash down on the countryside during a game in the womens league, and teams used to around 100 locals in the stands find themselves surrounded by some thousand fanatics chanting and burning pyro for 90 minutes. It's awesome, funny and mostly friendly.

Standing in our home ground and singing the anthem 'Å vi e AIK' (not the easiest to translate) is a sure goosebumper - almost makes me shiver. Here's another one for you, with the anthem - play it loud and enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCe6G7VKW5Y

Now I'll let you focus on the big one: Froch-Groves. I'm sure Wembley will be boiling, and you'll have a great time. Be sure to come back with some inside & emotional stuff!

Was my pleasure Grimm, our supporters are the very proud as i'm sure yours are! I didn't know that about the Swedish league, thanks for the insight. What are your lads going to be doing during the world cup?!

AIk sound like they're a successful team, I can feel your passion for your team coming off the page. Who are your main rivals?

Brentford have had their share of ups and down.. To give you an idea of what we're about these days.. Here's a chant sung quite often on matchdays..

"We're too big for this league,
    We're too big for this league,
    We are the Barcelona,
    Of the lower leagues..."

C'mon you Bees!

I tell you mate I go to a fair few fights in the UK a year.. Everyone i've spoken to is highly anticipating the fight this Saturday... It's going to be something else. I'm going with a few of my guys, we're seated not far off the action.. Will have a good sight of Froch going timber! I'll do my best to post something after the fight although we're going to the post fight party.. London won't be sleeping this weekend.

Will have a good sight of Froch going timber!
    I think you're right, and I'll be betting some money on it. I'm heading for London in june - too late for the fight, but always a pleasure to be there.

Yeah, AIK is a passion, and the main rivals are truly rivals. Djurgården was founded in the same city just some weeks after AIK, in 1891, and the two are called the twin clubs. The derbies are bordering the unpleasant, with helicopters monitoring every move by the different fan groups. A friend of mine from England said the atmosphere reminded him of Millwalls and West Hams games during the 80's. Unfortunately it got to a point, about 2009 during AIK:s latest championship winning season, where I no longer deemed it safe to take my son to the games, and with one supporter already dead this season - during a game between Djurgården and Helsingborg - the situation is nowhere near getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I think you're right, and I'll be betting some money on it. I'm heading for London in june - too late for the fight, but always a pleasure to be there.

Yeah, AIK is a passion, and the main rivals are truly rivals. Djurgården was founded in the same city just some weeks after AIK, in 1891, and the two are called the twin clubs. The derbies are bordering the unpleasant, with helicopters monitoring every move by the different fan groups. A friend of mine from England said the atmosphere reminded him of Millwalls and West Hams games during the 80's. Unfortunately it got to a point, about 2009 during AIK:s latest championship winning season, where I no longer deemed it safe to take my son to the games, and with one supporter already dead this season - during a game between Djurgården and Helsingborg - the situation is nowhere near getting better.
    I hope you didn't drop some money on it Grimm! What a punch though eh? I hope the weather improves for when you arrive, London's fantastic in the summer sun. Are you in London for pleasure or business?

I was at the Upton Park in 2012 when the Hammers won 2-1. It was incredible atmosphere and it came pretty close to kicking off although the stewards did a great job. In 2009 a Millwall fan was stabbed outside Upton Park and a riot broke out. It's nice for there to be competition and fan rivalry but when that seeps into violence and death then it's a few steps too far in my opinion.

I hope the situation improves between those two clubs, unfortunately in massive rivalries the hooliganism can't always be tamed. There will always be the few that seek to ruin it for the many.