English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frampton vs Santa Cruz

Frampton vs Santa Cruz

Still in the arena!! FRAMPTON!!!!!!!! Thunder left hook!!!! Time to hit the black stuff with some lovely Irish ladies. Back in London tomorrow, hope you all can catch the fight, very short.

Frampton vs Santa Cruz. Gonna be a top draw fight!!

What a left hook!!!!

Re: Frampton vs Santa Cruz

Replay looks like cazares was acting as if he wasn't hurt and forgot about the count... Made a rare mistake by his own standards

About to leave the Emerald Isle. Had a very good night celebrating a night of Irish victories, which saw a several new WBO euro champs, notable performances by lightweight Stephen Ormond who knocked out his man Karim Ouazghari in round 5 with a very well timed right. He won the first 3 round, gave Ouazghari the 4th after he came out with a lot of fire and started forcing Ormond back with nice timing and a very heavy left hook to the body. In the 5th Ormond, a very good professional, timed a right with perfection, dropped Ouazghari on his knees. The ref put an end to the proceedings before the count was over.

Another good KO by super middleweight Eamonn O'Kane. Didn't move his head enough and was getting licked a few times, until he stepped to the left, dropped his head and flung his right with everything and his nan behind it. Caught his man Alvarao Gaona like lightning, he was out before he hit the ground.

Stand out performance by Marco McCullough. He had an opponent change 4 hours before the bout, but he came in unfazed and strictly ready for business. His opponent had a record of 27-80 so it was always going to be a positive result, but nonetheless Marco showed good skills, and patience behind the jab even when he had his man hurt. But what was most impressive about him was his fluidity. He was in time very well and it was nice to watch. Featherweight division is picking up well.

The night of knock outs didn't end when Frampton got in the ring against Hugo Fidel Cazares, the tough Sinoloan who held the WBO Jr Flyweight strap aswell as the WBA Super Fly. He was in good shape for his age, and with the winner due a ring date with Leo Santa Cruz for his green belt, you can be sure he was game as ever.

The first round was a very high level performance and it immediately became apparent that these two were world class fighters. Frampton had proven himself head and shoulders above all British and European challengers he had faced, and he didn't look out of place against a former world champ. They were both moving head and body well, feeling eachother out. The cleaner business was done by Frampton, Round 1 Frampton.

Round 2 started at a similar pace. Cazares was backed into a corner, he threw a heated southpaw jab, but instinctively Frampton slipped and used the momentum to land a left so sweet Cazares and his solid chin found themselves on a knee, held up by the ropes. The ref began the count but Cazares was more interested in smiling off the knockdown that looking at what number the ref had on his hand. Reached 9, still he hadn't gotten up, the ref waves it off. Cazares jumped up like a rocket bound for the moon but it was too late, he had lost.

Short performance, but well worth the shot. Looking forward to Leo Santa Cruz defend his belt against Frampton. They're easily the most crowd pleasing pair in the division, and the fight will be nothing but fireworks. What a fight it's going to be. I hope it's in Belfast so I can make another trip to this beautiful place filled with some of the best people and fight fans. They were telling me Belfast is the best fight city in the world.. After last nights celebrations you'd be hard pressed not to believe it!
    Last edited by Skibbz; 04-06-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Just watched it; nice show as long as it lasted, with glimpses of passion & poise from Frampton. Weird ending, but Frampton & Santa Cruz has definitely potential - and would be great in Belfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    About to leave the Emerald Isle. Had a very good night celebrating a night of Irish victories, which saw a several new WBO euro champs, notable performances by lightweight Stephen Ormond who knocked out his man Karim Ouazghari in round 5 with a very well timed right. He won the first 3 round, gave Ouazghari the 4th after he came out with a lot of fire and started forcing Ormond back with nice timing and a very heavy left hook to the body. In the 5th Ormond, a very good professional, timed a right with perfection, dropped Ouazghari on his knees. The ref put an end to the proceedings before the count was over.

Another good KO by super middleweight Eamonn O'Kane. Didn't move his head enough and was getting licked a few times, until he stepped to the left, dropped his head and flung his right with everything and his nan behind it. Caught his man Alvarao Gaona like lightning, he was out before he hit the ground.

Stand out performance by Marco McCullough. He had an opponent change 4 hours before the bout, but he came in unfazed and strictly ready for business. His opponent had a record of 27-80 so it was always going to be a positive result, but nonetheless Marco showed good skills, and patience behind the jab even when he had his man hurt. But what was most impressive about him was his fluidity. He was in time very well and it was nice to watch. Featherweight division is picking up well.

The night of knock outs didn't end when Frampton got in the ring against Hugo Fidel Cazares, the tough Sinoloan who held the WBO Jr Flyweight strap aswell as the WBA Super Fly. He was in good shape for his age, and with the winner due a ring date with Leo Santa Cruz for his green belt, you can be sure he was game as ever.

The first round was a very high level performance and it immediately became apparent that these two were world class fighters. Frampton had proven himself head and shoulders above all British and European challengers he had faced, and he didn't look out of place against a former world champ. They were both moving head and body well, feeling eachother out. The cleaner business was done by Frampton, Round 1 Frampton.

Round 2 started at a similar pace. Cazares was backed into a corner, he threw a heated sweeping right hook, but instinctively Frampton slipped and used the momentum to land a left so sweet Cazares and his solid chin found themselves on a knee, held up by the ropes. The ref began the count but Cazares was more interested in smiling off the knockdown that looking at what number the ref had on his hand. Reached 9, still he hadn't gotten up, the ref waves it off. Cazares jumped up like a rocket bound for the moon but it was too late, he had lost.

Short performance, but well worth the shot. Looking forward to Leo Santa Cruz defend his belt against Frampton. They're easily the most crowd pleasing pair in the division, and the fight will be nothing but fireworks. What a fight it's going to be. I hope it's in Belfast so I can make another trip to this beautiful place filled with some of the best people and fight fans. They were telling me Belfast is the best fight city in the world.. After last nights celebrations you'd be hard pressed not to believe it!
    Sounds like a great night. My family is originally from Donegal, west of Belfast. You sound like a decent Brit. Gleasons asked if I wanted to take a trip this year and box against a guy I boxed at Gleasons in Brooklyn, Rob Dyton from Brixton, but this time in England at the famous York Hall. Rob was the nicest opponent I ever boxed by the way. Have you been there and what's it like?

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post

Round 2 started at a similar pace. Cazares was backed into a corner, he threw a heated sweeping right hook, but instinctively Frampton slipped and used the momentum to land a left so sweet Cazares and his solid chin found themselves on a knee, held up by the ropes. The ref began the count but Cazares was more interested in smiling off the knockdown that looking at what number the ref had on his hand. Reached 9, still he hadn't gotten up, the ref waves it off. Cazares jumped up like a rocket bound for the moon but it was too late, he had lost.

Good report Skibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Just watched it; nice show as long as it lasted, with glimpses of passion & poise from Frampton. Weird ending, but Frampton & Santa Cruz has definitely potential - and would be great in Belfast.
    I think it'd be a fantastic night in Belfast, I'd definitely make the trip again.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Sounds like a great night. My family is originally from Donegal, west of Belfast. You sound like a decent Brit. Gleasons asked if I wanted to take a trip this year and box against a guy I boxed at Gleasons in Brooklyn, Rob Dyton from Brixton, but this time in England at the famous York Hall. Rob was the nicest opponent I ever boxed by the way. Have you been there and what's it like?
    Thanks D2, correct me if i'm wrong but was Dyton in the US in '11? York Hall is a fantastic venue albeit a small house. Only around 1k capacity but boy does it get boomin' in there. It's one of the most famous boxing venues in the country, and shows are held frequently because of the size and the name.

How did you fair against Rob? I haven't met him in person but I believe he may have sparred a few guys from the gym I train at, will ask.

It was 2011. I thought I won pretty easy but he got the decision. I'm to blame because I let him back into the fight and he had a busy 3rd round while I tried to catch him with a heavy shot .I should put it on YouTube and you can see for yourself .

Didn't see it but from all the interesting previous posts, it sounds like one helluva fight. I hope Rigodeaux doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Rigo challenged Frampton immediately after the fight...said he would fight in his hometown. But I can't get angry about Santa Cruz getting the shot...its a great matchup. Just hope the winner doesn't duck Rigo.....who is avoided like Kovalev is at light heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    It was 2011. I thought I won pretty easy but he got the decision. I'm to blame because I let him back into the fight and he had a busy 3rd round while I tried to catch him with a heavy shot .I should put it on YouTube and you can see for yourself .
    That would be great D2 I'd love to see that footage.

@Suges yeah it was a great night first time I've been to a fight night in Belfast, will definitely go again when I can. If Rigo wants him there... It would be too much. I hope that fight happens as well as the Santa Cruz fight. Division is stackin up nicely!

Frampton is more interested in Santa Cruz, he would get it on with Rigo if the chance arose I think.