English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm literally RIGHT next to Klitschko's gym and I didn't even realize it....questions for the champ, if I can arrange it?

I'm literally RIGHT next to Klitschko's gym and I didn't even realize it....questions for the champ, if I can arrange it?

I'm talking less than a mile. I'm gonna see how I can get access and maybe land an interview.

Shoot some questions if you have any! Maybe we can get to the bottom of the Shannon Briggs incident too lol
    Last edited by The Shadow; 03-29-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Re: I'm literally RIGHT next to Klitschko's gym and I didn't even realize it....questions for the champ, if I can arrange it?

Ask him for a game of chess! The Commish has a nice story of a time he did battle with Klitsch on the chess board.. Would be interesting.
    Last edited by Skibbz; 03-29-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Re: I'm literally RIGHT next to Klitschko's gym and I didn't even realize it....questions for the champ, if I can arrange it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Ask him for a game of chess! The Commish has a nice story of a time he did battle with Klitsch on the chess board.. Would be interesting!
    Nah, lol, no thanks, he'd beat me and I don't like to lose. My name is Steele, not Ken. Knowing myself I'd immerse myself into chess for the next six months to become an expert for the sole purpose of defeating him....after which I would lose again and really get maniacal....so I think I'll pass haha.

Did Commish beat him??!!

I thought it was funny, I decided to look up where exactly in Hollywood Volod, as Bernie Campbell affectionately calls him, was training. Turns out it was next door. That's a trip. Apparently Killer Krusher Kovalev's koach is the head trainer here.

It's that Heavyweight Factory where they sought to create heavyweight champions out of reject college athletes. That plan certainly hasn't come to fruition yet.

One good thing about it for Volod, however: he has plenty of men he can hug.

6 months makes no expert in chess man no matter how much you play it. No he didn't check out Random topics for the story, it's on my boxing/chess/war thread.

Doesn't Briggs train at the same gym too? or has he moved again..?

Briggs lived in coral gables a few years ago. Trains in Hollywood fla. you can ask wk if his girl still hangs out with caesar when he is out of the country.
    Last edited by deepwater2; 03-29-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Don't play either Klitschko in chess. You'd have a better chance in a ring with them than you will playing them chess!

-Randy G.

6 months makes no expert in chess man no matter how much you play it. No he didn't check out Random topics for the story, it's on my boxing/chess/war thread.

Doesn't Briggs train at the same gym too? or has he moved again..?
    ....hence why I said I would lose again and go nuts. Lol

That said, I do believe you can become an expert in anything in six months. The only limitations exist in your noggin' so I have to reject that. Strongfully and passionately.

I don't accept theses of "can't" and "impossibility."

But I digress.

Like the Commish says, probably have a better chance winning in boxing hahaha....

Ask him what his sparring session with Wilder was like... probe for some detail if possible... thanks.

You can try but you won't be an expert. If you think you'll be able to become a chess expert in 6 months you're mistaken. I don't know how you're received in person but that type of blind and blissful arrogance don't rub off well man. Read the label again.

You can try but you won't be an expert. If you think you'll be able to become a chess expert in 6 months you're mistaken. I don't know how you're received in person but that type of blind and blissful arrogance don't rub off well man. Read the label again.
    "Expert" is a vague term subject to subjectivity.

I happen to believe that the human mind is much stronger than we give it credit for.

Check this out. I had a terrible accident some years ago which gave me permanent brains damage. Today, I'm handicapped.

At the time, prior to my situation, I was an above-average student at best. After that, however, the doctors said I wouldn't be able to recover, let alone complete school.

I was crushed. Didn't know what to do. I'm frail, rather effeminate in some ways, completely without any physical job skill, trained only to be a "knowledge worker."

So naturally, I was freaked out because I was unable to do the only thing I sorta knew how to do. Plus, others with the same condition committed suicide, dropped out etc.

I wasn't able to read, couldn't study, would pass out with frequency, couldn't retain information -- basically my brain was, and still is, f$%ked. And that will never change.

What happened after that? I was an average student with limited cognitive ability, rendering me dumber than most.

Yet, somehow, that very same year I completed journalism programs in two languages, finishing at the top of the class, including one in a language I didn't grow up writing or speaking.

Enrolling in the psychology program as a double major immediately after, I completed a psychology dissertation in less than six months -- yup, six months -- that they deemed to have made "a significant contribution" of "new knowledge."

This is the criteria for PhD level research, effectively making me not just an "expert" of psychology, according to their definitions, but an authority.

Furthermore, my findings were integrated into the curriculum the very next semester, I was recruited by the government to be a consultant on big research projects in my field and I was offered a publishing deal from a German publisher to distribute my silly little dissertation worldwide.

Then immediately after this, I was fortunate enough to obtained masters degrees in three topics in two years, which is also enough to be considered an expert in either field. (Though I don't consider myself one, I'm speaking according to the perception of the vague term "expert").

And remember -- I'm handicapped.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real limitations exist in the human mind.

Regardless of what you may think of me personally or how I come off, dismissing my belief in the power of human potential as "blind and blissful arrogance" says a lot more about you than it does me.

Man.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 03-29-2014 at 11:04 PM.