English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dulorme and Mayfield Get Feisty At Weigh-In

Dulorme and Mayfield Get Feisty At Weigh-In

Karim Mayfield (139.6 lbs.; left) and Thomas Dulorme (139.8 lbs.) each make weight, and get feisty, at today’s official weigh-In. Tune in tomorrow night beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on HBO. (Ed Mulholland photo)

Re: Dulorme and Mayfield Get Feisty At Weigh-In

I heard they had their hands wrapped around each others throats to the delight of trainer Robert G! Mayfield gonna make Dulorme pay for putting his hands on him.. Looking forward to a good scrap.

Karim should be fighting for a belt, no one really wants him at 140 though. There's always the Mansi Mauler should he still be wearing his belt, that'd be a right tear up.

@RadamG I know you seen Mayfield back in '11 when he sparred Manny... Holla!
    Last edited by Skibbz; 03-28-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Advanced Users

Mayfield is solid. Dolorme is soft. Touching Mayfield before the bout is about only most of the touching that Dulorme is going to do. T-Du always acts like he is all dat and a bag of chips. But da dude is about a half chip and some spoiled bean dip. Hehehe! Holla!

I heard one of them actually licked the other one's chest. Are they gonna' be in a room or a ring?

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Hehehehe! First! A ring, then maybe sweaty in a room.

This "theatre of the unexpected" oftentimes send ev'y joker and his poker a couple of curve balls. Hahahaha! Holla!

That could well be the Fight of the Night!

-Randy G.

Yeah they did get scrappy not for the first time this year! Fight of the Night it could very well be.

He's certainly solid RG I like his style, speed, power and skills. Can't wait for him to jump straight into the middle of the pack, everybody will have to take note!

that scap made it a fight i have to watch now ... oh boy.........

This may be the best fight of the evening. Mayfield is good, .....really good in an awkward and unconventional way.... he already has a decisive win over Mauricio Herrera and Thomas Dulorme has a style vaguely reminiscent of Tommy Hearns.... (note that I said vaguely). Martirosyan crashed Dulorme's bid for supremacy at 147 lbs but at 140 this kid is rapidly becoming a beast.
    These guys don't get many offers from fighters higher up on the food chain even though Mayfield has been trying to get a title shot for the last couple of years.
    so it's rather amazing to see these two young tough fighters facing each other in a non-title bout they could have easily avoided. it's indicative of their hunger for bigger and better things.
    I'm looking for an Old Skool clash when these too meet. Slight edge to Mayfield.

Also don't miss Curtis Stevens vs Tureano Johnson next week 4/4, when I first saw the announcement I thought Johnson was the showcase boxer that Stevens was supposed to look good against for the purpose of placing him back into middleweight contention after being thoroughly abused by Gennady Golovkin.

After getting a closer look at Tureano Johnson, a guy who fights like he was constructed from the DNA of Tony Ayala and James Kirkland(but with defense). I'm starting to think Stevens may be the actual opponent here.
    Again.... two tough middleweights testing the waters,... taking the necessary risks to get to the top. Reminds me of the old days.

Yeah he reminds me of Roy Jones the way he holds his head, and he's rapping like Roy too. He's on point though, I'll take your word on Dulorme Bsuge, I think it's gonna be swingers tonight... Tie em up!

I'll be watching Stevens then, wasn't planning to. Got to take my mate to the airport at 8am, the fights are starting at 3am UK time.. Oh well, for the love of the sport it won't be the first time I haven't slept. Gonna be an action packed night!