English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mago just filed a bunch of lawsuits

Re: Mago just filed a bunch of lawsuits

I hear you Amayseng, i work for one of the largest drug companies in the world... we sit atop the planet like a giant tick... slowly draining the earth of it's wealth and resources while creating markets for unnecessary drugs to be sold at exorbitant prices. (if you work where I work, you know I'm just kidding)

it doesn't speak well about our health care system when underprivileged patients go to a clinic to complain about joint pains in the kneecap and are give a cane with an Obamacare logo on the handle.

boxers would literally swim from Cuba to Florida if they could to experience the opportunity of becoming Capitolists and Prize fighters (in that order).
    Yet Cuba has one of the best healthcare systems with the lowest costs in the world. Drug companies literally give them inventory while charging us a fortune.
    I talk to seniors every day who smuggle drugs into the country from Mexico and Canada so they can afford to eat supper every night. Seniors today are smuggling more drugs across the border than the largest drug cartels in Columbia and Mexico.

Regarding Mago... it was surreal seeing a tough guy like Mago expressing concerns during the fight while Jackson and the rest of his corner simply glossed over it. (you alright man.... you alright?...good) When a guy with an indomitable spirit makes even the smallest complaint, the corner should have taken it as a sign for their concern. I know it's a fine line to know when to push a fighter and when to pull him out... I don't envy the job... and don't want to judge the corner through hindsight. But even during the fight,.. the announcers were even talking about Mago's distressing condition.

Somebodies going to pay some huge dollars, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I hear you Amayseng, i work for one of the largest drug companies in the world... we sit atop the planet like a giant tick... slowly draining the earth of it's wealth and resources while creating markets for unnecessary drugs to be sold at exorbitant prices. (if you work where I work, you know I'm just kidding)

it doesn't speak well about our health care system when underprivileged patients go to a clinic to complain about joint pains in the kneecap and are give a cane with an Obamacare logo on the handle.

boxers would literally swim from Cuba to Florida if they could to experience the opportunity of becoming Capitolists and Prize fighters (in that order).
    Yet Cuba has one of the best healthcare systems with the lowest costs in the world. Drug companies literally give them inventory while charging us a fortune.
    I talk to seniors every day who smuggle drugs into the country from Mexico and Canada so they can afford to eat supper every night. Seniors today are smuggling more drugs across the border than the largest drug cartels in Columbia and Mexico.

Regarding Mago... it was surreal seeing a tough guy like Mago expressing concerns during the fight while Jackson and the rest of his corner simply glossed over it. (you alright man.... you alright?...good) When a guy with an indomitable spirit makes even the smallest complaint, the corner should have taken it as a sign for their concern. I know it's a fine line to know when to push a fighter and when to pull him out... I don't envy the job... and don't want to judge the corner through hindsight. But even during the fight,.. the announcers were even talking about Mago's distressing condition.

Somebodies going to pay some huge dollars, I'm sure of it.
    That's a very good point. Mago was showing signs of distress from the end of the first round (remember he was watching himself on the monitor because he thought his nose was broken). When these tragedies occur there generally are subtle (and some not so subtle) signals. Remember McClellan and the blinking?

Very sad indeed. Mago was a hell of a tough, tough dude.

Guys. Here's the problem. Even the most experienced and compassionate cornermen rarely call a doctor over to have a look-see between rounds. The docs pay a visit to the corner when they feel they have to. Cornermen are like a Pit Crew, trying to keep their car in the race. You will seldom, although it does happen once in a Blue Moon, see a corner stop the fight when their fighter is still hangin tough in there with a chance to win. John David Jackson was Abdusalamov's trainer. An ex-champ, I think it is safe to that JDJ can recognize when a fighter is glassy-eyed and perhaps concussed. He says he saw no indication of that during the fight. What he did see and hear was his fighter getting busted up and complaining. Maybe he should have paid more attention to his fighter's concerns for the pounding he was taking.

Jackson said he was considering stopping the fight after the seventh round, but decided to allow him out for just one more. When he had some big moments in the round, he figured he could not possibly stop it.

Visible concussion? Abdusalamov passed a test after the fight, a test which is used to determine whether a fighter has suffered a brain injury. Abdusalamov passed the test. Then he asked to leave his dressing room to watch Gennady Golovkin in action. Soon after, he returned to his dressing room and began feeling sick. With the show over and the ambulance gone, Abdusalamov needed to hail a cab--after a longwait--to bring him to the hospital, where he soon after collapsed.

The Inspector General's investigation is just about concluded. Their report will be released soon.

Let's see if they say anybody is to blame for the terrible injury suffered by Magomed Abdusalamov suffered in the Theatre at Madison Square Garden that mid-Fall evening last year.

-Randy G

Advanced Users

Maybe somebody is going to pay dearly. But don't be surprised if nobody pays.

NYSAC has a history of ducking and bobbing and weaving its way out of the obvious incompetence. I'm reminded of when I was a little rascal, NYSAC was greatly incompetent in letting cheat-you-long-time Luis Resto slaughter Billy Collins Jr with tampered-with, all-the-padding-outta-'em gloves. And NYSAC has not paid a dime over 20 years later.

Some of you oldtimers and old guns know the story, so I will not rehatch it.

BTW, @spit bucket, most old-skool trainers have adversial relationships with medical/ringside doctors.

Of course the trainers and cut men know their syet and woulda saw what was wrong with Mago from da double jump. But they ain't tellin' no [sic] doctor how. [The problems in the corners nowadays are the meddling ringside doctors. This meddling has brainwashed seconds to believing that the doctors know best. Thus, too many seconds, trainers and cut men have inattention blindness as to adverse conditions of the pugs.]

Besides, there is a mistrust of 90 percent of ringside doctors by seconds and trainers. They ain't gonna tell you, but I will. Just as you have bad referees and judges, you have bad ringside doctors. But these arrogrant, incompetent bullsyeters get away SCOTT FREE 99 percent of the time. When is the last time that you heard of terrible ringside doctors getting dump like the terrible refs and judges? That is what I thought! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

Our seedy sport has a lot of secrets and tricks of the trade. But a lot of the old skool trainers and cut men have taken those secrets and tricks of the trade to their graves with them. They refused to share, or to pass down all of what they knew. And they cannot STAND the majority of know-nuffin' [sic] ringside quacks. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 03-29-2014 at 06:54 PM.

And Panama still in business too.. But it doesn't always work out the way of the fighter. The institution has a lot more at stake than a single fighter, and that's just how it is..

Advanced Users

The Commish -- the Judging RG -- you don't see what I see.

Margo was full of adrenaline rush before, during and after his rumble. Any First Aid trained-muthamedic and dey ugly ____ ____ know that a severe injuried combatant full of determination, denial and adrenaline rush can appear just fine until the adrenaline rush wears off. Then da dude can drop DEAD.

Battlefield doctors see this every day, and 900 times on Sunday. Ringside doctors are pugilism's version of war doctors. They gotta to know da know no matter what the hurt fighter says.

Jive J-D-Ja! Better known as John David Jackson. He is too much of an acting-for-television trainer. He has given up his role as a trainer by letting meddling quacks cause him and the corner inattention blindness.

He should have done what he was going to do: $TOP DA D@MN fight! In the annals of the game, trainers have been right more times than good doctors and quacks. And in the end, J-D-Ja did the right thing and told the powers that be to take Margo to the hospital to get check.

I'm sticking with my weapons of mass constructive criticism. The ringside quacks GOOF! Now they are trying to weasel and squirrel their way outta da darn thing. Sadness and hatred on our game they bring. Holla!

Advanced Users

@Skibbz, I doubt that Panama Lewis was in the mix of da fix. Luis Resto had been suspended from amateur boxing during 1976 because of a similar action that involved an older cousin of mine.

My cousin kicked his arse, though. And somebody ought of holla at trainer Jesse Reid.

Resto's gloves had padding removed from them the night that Jessie Reid-trained Texan Bruce Curry -- the older brother of Don Curry -- kayoed Resto.

In the HBO documentary about Resto a few years ago, there was a lie about him being a welterweight semi-finalist in the 1976 U.S. O-Games Trials. Dude was no where in sight at welterweight or any weight. http:http://www.amateur-boxing.strefa.pl/...l_USA1976.html

Da the liars that be -- I mean the powers that be -- need to come harder to fool me. I'm old skool! You believe nothing you hear or read without verification from the horse's mouth. And because of optical illusions and inattention blindness, you believe only five percent of what you see until you know you're not being distracted by a con or an illusion.

The GOAT Ali use to do magic trick, then tell me -- baby-and-kid Radam -- how he did it. He'd say: "Don't believe 95 percent of what you see without knowing why" -- the intent of the doer. Holla!

I'm not too convinced on that RG, maybe you know something I don't! I got a feeling Panama the kind of guy that will do the dirty on his own rents if it would fill his belly. Resto had a history.. but how about Panama? I'll search for that documentary tonight, is it worth a watch?

Wise words from the GOAT. How much time did you spend around him? I'll check that doc out later on tonight on second thought, that was one epic fight..

Advanced Users

Before I was born, the GOAT touch my mommy's stomach and hollered that I'd be champion of the ring and of life. I was a regular at his camps, homes, fights and entourages from the late 1970$ to the end. He's my godfather. Now enough about me.

The game is dirty. But why would Panama Lewis need to risk it all on a no-hoper like Resto? We are in the game of "the theatre of the unexpected," not da dumb and dumber. And optical illusions are everywhere.

Our seedy sport has a habit of Jack-rabbit responses, fibbing, cover-ups, and commissions saving face by bouncing out $capegoat$.

PL trained the likes of Roberto Duran and "Hawk Time" Aaron Pryor, to name two super champs of all times. Dude has mad training and teaching boksing skills. And need not to do illegality that kills. He's gotten fighters over the mountain tops, not just over the mole hills.

"Give me da botta [$¡¢]! Da one I mixed." Holla!

Advanced Users

BTW, Panama Lewis did do dirty on his rent. Hehehe! He had an option to eat and buy needed medicine of pay the rent. Holla!