English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mago just filed a bunch of lawsuits

Mago just filed a bunch of lawsuits

It sounded on FNF like there was no ambulance on site and he was taken to hospital in a cab... Pretty Shi**y on the promoter's or venue's part if true.

Re: Mago just filed a bunch of lawsuits

I think Hauser wrote a piece on this. He took a cab to the ER then after arriving, in order to be treated immediately, had to go outside and call 911. In all fairness, he left the ring on his own accord and showed no real signs afterward of being on the cusp of death. His medical bills are staggering, so these will be forthcoming.

After a war like that he should of had a mandatory visit to the er and a cat scan to see if there was a bleed. An ambulance is required at every card in ny. Someone dropped the ball.

The NYSAC also played a big part in releasing Mago after the bout. The results of a full scale investigation by the New York State Inspector General's office is forthcoming. If the NYSAC is found to be negligent, heads are gonna' roll up there. New Executive Director David Berlin may be working with a bare-bones staff.

-Randy G.

Melvina L will get the axe

This situation just keeps getting worse.

First off Mago should have received the proper and safe care.

Secondly these ridiculous medical bills are what has been ruining this country for a LONG time.

We did not need Obamacare, we needed a full redo on healthcare by cutting the ridiculous expense that hamper both the patients and healthcare companies.

A blood pressure medicine that has been around for 50 years and is cake to produce should not cost hundreds of dollars a month. It is bullshit. Theft is what I call it.
    I could go on all day, I will stop out of consideration for everyone else.

I have only been in health care for 10 years, what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    After a war like that he should of had a mandatory visit to the er and a cat scan to see if there was a bleed. An ambulance is required at every card in ny. Someone dropped the ball.
    Agreed. It was a hellacious war and just the disfigurement of his face should have made that visit mandatory.

I hear you Amayseng. I am sure we all do. For any of us who have taken or have to take any kindof medication, the whole process is getting worse by the second...referrals...okays from the health care provider...massive co-pays...and on and on.

Domenic, as I sat there and watched the fight, my mind took me down so many roads. As a former competitor, I wondered what both Abdusalamov and Perez were feeling. Domenic, you nailed it best by saying "It was a hellacious war." It was every bit of that." As a journalist, I viewed the fight with a writer's eye. With my other eye, I watched as a commissioner.

As Commissioner Gordon, I remember thinking, where are the doctors? Why aren't they up in that ring every round, looking at BOTH guys?" After watching Abdusalamov & Perez'--again using Domenic's terminology--"hellacious war," I had no doubt what I would have done had that commission still been mine: I would have demanded the doctors send BOTH fighters to the hospital. I did that kind of stuff before, and did it for fights far less "hellacious."

It makes me angry to see one of the New York State Athletic Commission's Inspectors in interviews talking about what he saw and giving his opinions. That Inspector is not the voice of the NYSAC. While there is an investigation going on, that Inspector--and every other member of the commission--should remain silent to the media. For an Inspector to talk and give his opinion is like working as head of the White House secretarial staff and giving opinions to the media on the President's most recent national speech. It just isn't done!

The lawsuit by the heartbroken family of Abdusalamov has been filed. With all the bureaucracy involved, I wonder how long it will take for a decision to be rendered.

Whatever the outcome, it's one of boxing's sadder stories.

-Randy G.

Commish, I have always wondered what training the doctors supervising the fight have to have?

I assume they need trained separately from their standard med school education for proper safety, assessment and evaluation of a fighter minute by minute in a live fight.

To me, it seems there is a lot of inconsistency from one doctor to the next.

Maybe this is an issue that needs special consideration and improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Commish, I have always wondered what training the doctors supervising the fight have to have?

I assume they need trained separately from their standard med school education for proper safety, assessment and evaluation of a fighter minute by minute in a live fight.

To me, it seems there is a lot of inconsistency from one doctor to the next.

Maybe this is an issue that needs special consideration and improvement.
    Good point, Amayseng. Radam pointed out ways an experienced trainer could check for brain trauma in the corner. Perhaps they could pass this knowledge on to the docs that work fights. Mago needed to be on oxygen immediately,
    can't find that in a cab...