English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays golf ?

Who plays golf ?

I hit 185 yards with a 7 iron today . After I win the belt at gleasons in June I'm smoking cubans and smashing golf balls. I love you mugs.

Administrator

Re: Who plays golf ?

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I hit 185 yards with a 7 iron today . After I win the belt at gleasons in June I'm smoking cubans and smashing golf balls. I love you mugs.
    U been drinkin' deep?

I sure was. Good observation

I'll set you up with Gerry Cooney. My co-host at SiriusXM doesn't just hit long drives off the tee--he hits freakin' moon shots! Big Gerry loves to play golf. I will mention it tomorrow when I see him at the NYHOF luncheon, where he is scheduled to be one of the inductees.

-Randy G.

Great thread Deep. ha

I am money with a 9 iron up to 125 out.

An annual TSS golf outing sounds exceptional. I am in.

hitting a golf ball is the hardest thing I've ever attempted. I stay clear of the golf course at every opportunity. I don't even drive past golf courses. but I appreciate the skill it takes to play and admire those who are successful at it.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Great thread Deep. ha

I am money with a 9 iron up to 125 out.

An annual TSS golf outing sounds exceptional. I am in.
    I can't swing but I got a helluva camera!

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    hitting a golf ball is the hardest thing I've ever attempted. I stay clear of the golf course at every opportunity. I don't even drive past golf courses. but I appreciate the skill it takes to play and admire those who are successful at it.
    Agreed! Want and hit the balls once, it sucked. Learning curve too steep for me, felt like boxing, just wasn't fun.

I admire the Tigerrrrr.

Administrator

Golf is a beautiful game.

I'm a kid, caddying, carrying two golf bags in a foursome of 75% miserable humans. It's the first time the caddy master chose me, and I remember being pleased it paid 12 dollars for the four hours I'd be out on the links. I guess the other caddy handled the flagstick for the early holes, but then at some point it was my turn.

So I'm holding the flagstick waiting for the guy to putt, when I hear a voice behind me.

Voice: Hey, you're standing in my line!

D da V: Yes, he's putting next and it'll be your turn. (I then turn my attention back to the man who is about to putt).

Voice: (Louder than the first time) HEY! You're standing in my line!!!

D da V: Yes, you'll have your turn AFTER he has his.

VOICE: HEY! YOU'RE STAN...

D da V: I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU AGAIN! HIS TURN, THEN, YOUR TURN!

The guy in the group with the sense of humor is dying. He asks me if it's the first time carrying clubs? I told him it was, and he asked me if I knew what he meant by 'in his line'? I told him, actually, uhm, no. He showed me how I had to stand and anticipate where all four shots were coming from and stand as such so to be careful that the imprints left by my shoes don't compromise any of the players putts.

So...

Following week I get selected to go out again and I draw one of the old cranks who spots me and says...

Old Crank: You! I hope you caddy better!
    Me: (And I don't know why this came out of my mouth, but...) I hope you shoot better!

That outing goes uneventful. However...

Three months later I've now been carrying the whole summer, and on the back nine as they're telling golf stories about their associates, this story I just shared surfaced, (although they had the wrong course) about how Old Man So n So, and when the guy gets to the punch line he says, 'kid doesn't miss a beat, tells him I hope you shoot better!'

And I just thought that would be a good time to leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Golf is a beautiful game.

I'm a kid, caddying, carrying two golf bags in a foursome of 75% miserable humans. It's the first time the caddy master chose me, and I remember being pleased it paid 12 dollars for the four hours I'd be out on the links. I guess the other caddy handled the flagstick for the early holes, but then at some point it was my turn.

So I'm holding the flagstick waiting for the guy to putt, when I hear a voice behind me.

Voice: Hey, you're standing in my line!

D da V: Yes, he's putting next and it'll be your turn. (I then turn my attention back to the man who is about to putt).

Voice: (Louder than the first time) HEY! You're standing in my line!!!

D da V: Yes, you'll have your turn AFTER he has his.

VOICE: HEY! YOU'RE STAN...

D da V: I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU AGAIN! HIS TURN, THEN, YOUR TURN!

The guy in the group with the sense of humor is dying. He asks me if it's the first time carrying clubs? I told him it was, and he asked me if I knew what he meant by 'in his line'? I told him, actually, uhm, no. He showed me how I had to stand and anticipate where all four shots were coming from and stand as such so to be careful that the imprints left by my shoes don't compromise any of the players putts.

So...

Following week I get selected to go out again and I draw one of the old cranks who spots me and says...

Old Crank: You! I hope you caddy better!
    Me: (And I don't know why this came out of my mouth, but...) I hope you shoot better!

That outing goes uneventful. However...

Three months later I've now been carrying the whole summer, and on the back nine as they're telling golf stories about their associates, this story I just shared surfaced, (although they had the wrong course) about how Old Man So n So, and when the guy gets to the punch line he says, 'kid doesn't miss a beat, tells him I hope you shoot better!'

And I just thought that would be a good time to leave well enough alone.
    Good story Dino. I have been meaning to start golfing for the longest time but I have not as of yet. I should be a natural. When it comes to a stick and a ball the Roast has always been top notch,(tennis, baseball, pool, badminton, raquetball) I picked up a set of clubs last year. I have been to the driving rande and played mini golf its the shots in between I don't understand.