English Español
Advertisement
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Re: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Dan's opinions (to leave out the popular moniker) don't hold much weight.... He brings out some fresh information on occasion, but on the whole relevant information can always be sought from better sources in my opinion.

He's said a lot of stuff in the past which has left me scratching my head. A lot of stuff that had he ever laced up a pair he would know to be b*ll*cks.

As for his prospect of the year.. I think you might be right D2, Dan doesn't have the Midas touch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    You think so? They say Gary has the fastest hands in the game.

Nope. fast and quick two different things. VL superior

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Wow! G-Russ Jr has an illusion of speed because he is a flutter trying to punch fast, instead of flowing. Da dude is hyper agitated, not fluid. Fighters as him come a dime. Until he fights someone who fights back, he looks magnificent to fanfaronades and fan boys.

Top level, elite boksing is a mean biz that take no prisoners. Team G-Russ Jr are milking those who don't know. Holla!
    This is exactly how I feel. I have phenomenally quick hands, if I wanted to lay a slap on you. Flowing and shooting through a punch is different.

Danny Jacobs has been doing okay, however, Deepwater.

Okay, that is, until he faces his good friend, Peter Quillin.,

Hmm...interesting to see if ESPN's P.O.T.Y. can make Dan Rafael look good.

Or at least make his choice for P.O.T.Y. look good!

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I don't really care about Russell, personally. Not sold on him, know very little of him. He does little for me, at this point, due to the garbage competition. Prospect days are over.

What is the fluttering? Calzaghe punches?

And who was the guy?
    Fluttering is just like what a turkey does. Side fluttering its wings agitatedly and da muthabird ain't gonna take to da skkkyyy!

J-Ca was a quick-handed slapper and pusher. He slapped and pushed his punches.

G-Russ Jr side arms his punches. He doesn't turn them over. So he flutters nearly like a turkey's or chicken's wings.

Okay! Let me holla it this way. All the Sugar named fighters shoot or shot their punches straight out by turning the palms of the fists to face downward as they shoot through you. When a fighter shoeshines or mucho uppercuts he turn his punches over with his palms facing towards the heavens while he nails or torpedo through you. When he whacks a hook, the elbow raises up and the palm of the fist in facing toward helldom. This known as turning the hook over.

Okay! Hopefully, you get that. Now when it come to G-Russ Jr, his palms on all his punches face inward. And this improper procedure is the way that his father wants him to get down he claims.

And to the untrained eye that fluttering looks super fast, especially when the opponent is a none-countering punching tomato can.

When G-Russ Jr steps up and fight people punching back with proper shots, you will clearly see the fluttering. And that it is not fast at all. Just shaky-shaky jittering agitated side-fisted punching at -- not properly through the opponent. Holla!

Gary Russell is indeed fast. So are many pitchers in baseball. They don't strike out everyone. In fact, they also get beat. Often. Fast can be timed.

V-Lo maqy be just the guy to do it.

-Randy G.

Fluttering is just like what a turkey does. Side fluttering its wings agitatedly and da muthabird ain't gonna take to da skkkyyy!

G-Russ Jr side arms his punches. He doesn't turn them over. So he flutters nearly like a turkey's or chicken's wings.

Okay! Let me holla it this way. All the Sugar named fighters shoot or shot their punches straight out by turning the palms of the fists to face downward as they shoot through you. When a fighter shoeshines or mucho uppercuts he turn his punches over with his palms facing towards the heavens while he nails or torpedo through you. When he whacks a hook, the elbow raises up and the palm of the fist in facing toward helldom. This known as turning the hook over.

Okay! Hopefully, you get that. Now when it come to G-Russ Jr, his palms on all his punches face inward. And this improper procedure is the way that his father wants him to get down he claims.

And to the untrained eye that fluttering looks super fast, especially when the opponent is a none-countering punching tomato can.

When G-Russ Jr steps up and fight people punching back with proper shots, you will clearly see the fluttering. And that it is not fast at all. Just shaky-shaky jittering agitated side-fisted punching at -- not properly through the opponent. Holla!
    Interesting...gonna try and study a fight of his and see.

Plus, it's easier to look great against various trade workers.

Jr. has the experience but against tomato cans, I am going with VLO.

Make the fight already.

Nice analysis there G. I would also add that although I like Russell alot, dude has some serious tendencies that can be picked up on. After a flurry, he does not return immediately to defensive position, he often keeps his hands low. He is also susceptible to a quick straight left because he leans over a little in his stance and keeps his guard a little wide. It will be interesting to see how evident these flaws will be when he sees someone with a little pop.