English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Advanced Users

Re: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

And G-Russ Jr's so-alleged speed is greatly exaggerated. You suppose to look fast against no hopers and zombies not punching back. G-Russ Jr's so-called speed will go away when come the in-coming attacks.

Even shooting shots correctly, da muthasucka lacks. He even brags that his pops doesn't want him to turn his punches over. So dude just side fist shots. He's going to get torched badly, sadly and won't recover. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 03-29-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    With a level playing field (the fight vs Salido was not a level playing field), V-Lo beats Gary Russell and his world of speed. V-Lo has fought tons of guys with speed. He has fought every style.

I have little doubt he was hunt Russell down, break him down and beat him convincingly.

-Randy G.
    VL is faster and quicker than JR

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    VL is faster and quicker than JR
    You think so? They say Gary has the fastest hands in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    It depends what your definition of " they " is. Did we bet a beer that Russell ducks him?

He's got fast hands, very fast hands. But that's a single attribute. V Lo has a whole lot more.

I'd like to see Russell face Frampton if he moved up. Frampton may not be polished but he has a lot of whack behind his punches, and he's been in deep against some strong and game vets. If he did that, and won then maybe it'll give him the confidence to hound at V Lo's heels.

At the moment, I don't see Russell troubling, mentally he's not a rock. V Lo will be in time with him and a step ahead, right now Gary will be outclassed.

Advanced Users

Wow! G-Russ Jr has an illusion of speed because he is a flutter trying to punch fast, instead of flowing. Da dude is hyper agitated, not fluid. Fighters as him come a dime. Until he fights someone who fights back, he looks magnificent to fanfaronades and fan boys.

Top level, elite boksing is a mean biz that take no prisoners. Team G-Russ Jr are milking those who don't know. Holla!

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    He has the fastest fluttering -- one heckuva optical illusion of inattention blindness -- in da game.

I'm reminded of this dude a few years ago was suppose to hit hard. He had nearly 40 $traight kayos against marshmallows. But when he stepped up, he got kayoed in a minute or two. Showtime was hyping him. But since he got kayoed NOTHING else about him. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    It depends what your definition of " they " is. Did we bet a beer that Russell ducks him?
    Not saying I agree, I was just asking for your opinion while pointing out what the critics say. Here is one award-winning reporter whose opinion is highly valued:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ary-russell-jr

For whatever it's worth, I don't think Lomachenko is faster. I think Russell is the superior athlete. I also think Lomachenko is the superior fighter.

And no, our bet was on Paulie and Porter.

I won't take that bet because I'm not convinced they will fight. I know Schaefer, Haymon and Espinoza want it and are willing to put up some big bucks.

Not too sure if his dad does, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    He has the fastest fluttering -- one heckuva optical illusion of inattention blindness -- in da game.

I'm reminded of this dude a few years ago was suppose to hit hard. He had nearly 40 $traight kayos against marshmallows. But when he stepped up, he got kayoed in a minute or two. Showtime was hyping him. But since he got kayoed NOTHING else about him. Holla!
    I don't really care about Russell, personally. Not sold on him, know very little of him. He does little for me, at this point, due to the garbage competition. Prospect days are over.

What is the fluttering? Calzaghe punches?

And who was the guy?

Uh oh. That espn article has Gary Russell as prospect of the year. Bad omen. It's curtains for him. He had Danny Jacobs, Berto, Ortiz, Sam Peter, Jermain Taylor, and Francisco bojado as prior prospects of the year. I think they all lost after Dan picked them .