English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Re: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    His father was a distraction at the 2008 O-Games, in which G-Russ Jr didn't compete. I know what has been said about Junior passing out from a weight problem, but I ain't buying it. Dude was vomiting and fainting from straight-up fright.

IMHO that is the real reason that he didn't fight, along with his pops constantly meddling. And he and Pops G-Puss -- I mean G-Russ -- will find a way out of not fighting V-Lo. Holla!
    So you've heard about this toxic bozo too?

Advanced Users

I was a spectator at the 2008 Games. And I've seen Pops G-Russ in action at many amateur events for the last 15 years or so. Holla!

I don't like talking Lomachenko matchups and I gave a reason why on my 'My Take on Vasyl Lomachenko Post-Fight' thread.

Lomachenko, a double olympic champion is NOT going to be intimidated by speed if Lomachenko is game. However, is Lomachenko going to turn up to be the brutal fighter that he is, or is he going to pretend to be something he's not and barely land punches + be too nice?

Lomachenko is supposed to be a fighter who gets a little tired by the 10th round, not someone who can pace himself like Rigondeaux or Mayweather.

Gary Russell jr. will make easy work of Lomachenko if and when they fight. This isn't the amateurs and Russell's speed and skill will be too much for Lomachenko. As a matter of fact, Russell would beat Salido in fashion similar to the way Gamboa did. Lomachenko didn't appear to have a lot of pop, so I can't even say he would have a puncher's chance. Sorry guys, the truth hurts and Lomachenko is more hype than reality!

Advanced Users

You can say that, SRD, because G-Russ Jr and his pops will weasel out of the bout. They know the deal.

G-Russ Jr will be one tasty V-Lo meal. Holla!

Wow! You guys taught me something. You're always teaching me something. I knew Pops G-Russ was a boisterous character, but I didn't realize he was that bad. I will turn up my boxing radar even more and keep my tracers on him. Hmm. Wonder just how much he will affect G-Russ Jr.'s career.

Sounds like a lot.

And not in any good way!

-Randy G.

Gary Russel Jr has the tools. However I am with RG dude does not have the mentality and spirit to put it all together. He is constantly avoiding solid fights and competition. He has not shown me any tenacity.

VL can fight, make no mistake about it and he had a tough son of a bitch Solido buzzed and hurt in that final round. I am a huge Solido fan as well and he fought a brilliant veteran fight.

No reason to throw VL at Rigo just yet, I would like that fight in about two years once VL has a belt and about 8 or so fights under his belt.

AS fro Jr, VL stops him.

Russell's Pops feels that Lomanchenko should not be allowed the opportunity to dish the line when there are more deserving fighters waiting for a title shot. And while this may be true, Russell himself has been fighting no-hopers for the past 4 or 5 years. But You can't complain when you pass on an opportunity another fighter happily embraces...

I'd like to see Russell fight anyone .....Rocky Martinez, Mikey Garcia, the guy that beat Mares.... anybody to see how he performs against competitive opposition.
    He's got fantastic skills but he was also nearly KO'd by guy who had more losses than wins early in his career... so my main concern is his durability.
    There simply isn't enough data on Russell and that's a shame seeing he's been a pro for much longer than Lomanchenko.

He talks like he's ready to fight.... Lets see it.

If they fought tomorrow, I'd give VL the edge because he keeps his hands up and has a busy offense..... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset. I just don't know yet what Russell is capable of under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by The_King_AJ View Post
    I don't like talking Lomachenko matchups and I gave a reason why on my 'My Take on Vasyl Lomachenko Post-Fight' thread.

Lomachenko, a double olympic champion is NOT going to be intimidated by speed if Lomachenko is game. However, is Lomachenko going to turn up to be the brutal fighter that he is, or is he going to pretend to be something he's not and barely land punches + be too nice?

Lomachenko is supposed to be a fighter who gets a little tired by the 10th round, not someone who can pace himself like Rigondeaux or Mayweather.
    You bigged him up tons my don... and i'm not trying to short his stock but the proof is in the puddin' and he didn't look so sweet in his last fight.. He needs to crack some jaws sooner rather than later (yeah I know he's 1-1). If he doesn't show me a flush in his next hand at least.. I'm gonna start sleeping on him.. I'm just that guy.
    Last edited by Skibbz; 03-29-2014 at 05:54 PM.

With a level playing field (the fight vs Salido was not a level playing field), V-Lo beats Gary Russell and his world of speed. V-Lo has fought tons of guys with speed. He has fought every style.

I have little doubt he was hunt Russell down, break him down and beat him convincingly.

-Randy G.