English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

I have been hearing talk that Top Rank (Vasyl Lomachenko) and reps from Al Haymon (Gary Russell), have been breaking bread in Las Vegas.

What a matchup between the 1-1 Lomachenko and the flashy, super-fast, 24-0 (14 KO's) but basically-untested Russell.

Can the laser speed of Russell hold off the massive skills of the two-time Olympic champion? Can Lomachenko get close enough to Russell to break him down with body shots? Will Russell's blazing 1-2's and phenomenal foot speed be enough to carry him to a decision win.

Let the reps keep breaking bread.

Get it done!

-Randy G.

Re: Gary Russell vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    I have been hearing talk that Top Rank (Vasyl Lomachenko) and reps from Al Haymon (Gary Russell), have been breaking bread in Las Vegas.

What a matchup between the 1-1 Lomachenko and the flashy, super-fast, 24-0 (14 KO's) but basically-untested Russell.

Can the laser speed of Russell hold off the massive skills of the two-time Olympic champion? Can Lomachenko get close enough to Russell to break him down with body shots? Will Russell's blazing 1-2's and phenomenal foot speed be enough to carry him to a decision win.

Let the reps keep breaking bread.

Get it done!

-Randy G.
    I say Lomachenko.

I this instance, this is what it comes down to, in my view:

One advantage Russell, in theory, should have would be pro experience, which, as we saw, bedeviled the Ukrainian amateur icon.

However, with his lack of pro experience against quality opposition, I actually consider Lomachenko more seasoned, based on his competition in the pro ranks so far.

Without that intangible working in Russell's favor, this is essentially a contest between two standout amateurs.

Russell was great.

Lomachenko was the best.

The outcome will reflect that. Lomachenko 8-4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I say Lomachenko.

I this instance, this is what it comes down to, in my view:

One advantage Russell, in theory, should have would be pro experience, which, as we saw, bedeviled the Ukrainian amateur icon.

However, with his lack of pro experience against quality opposition, I actually consider Lomachenko more seasoned, based on his competition in the pro ranks so far.

Without that intangible working in Russell's favor, this is essentially a contest between two standout amateurs.

Russell was great.

Lomachenko was the best.

The outcome will reflect that. Lomachenko 8-4.
    Agreed

Advanced Users

Hyped-up trying-to-be-fast G-Russ will be exposed. No way, Jose that the shadow Al Hyman [$¡¢] feed him to V-Lo. Matter of fact, G-Russ has been bytching that why should he dance with V-Lo?

I will believe this fight when it is signed. And than V-Lo will make the D.C. hype quit in a late round. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 03-28-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Woops! Somehow this threasd got posted twice! It's a great topic, I think, but two threads...Sorry 'bout that!

-Randy G.

Jr. Wants more TBA . Forget vl. That's the deal .

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Jr. Wants more TBA . Forget vl. That's the deal .
    Sr. wants TBA. He's the culprit. Jr. would be best served kicking papa to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Sr. wants TBA. He's the culprit. Jr. would be best served kicking papa to the curb.
    You are an honest shadow. It's time for jr to step up

Advanced Users

His father was a distraction at the 2008 O-Games, in which G-Russ Jr didn't compete. I know what has been said about Junior passing out from a weight problem, but I ain't buying it. Dude was vomiting and fainting from straight-up fright.

IMHO that is the real reason that he didn't fight, along with his pops constantly meddling. And he and Pops G-Puss -- I mean G-Russ -- will find a way out of not fighting V-Lo. Holla!

Russel daddy is a clown. Dear editor.i love the odds section. Put the money line on it please. Paddy power is close to acurate. My spellcheck is garbage . Forgive me.