English Español
Advertisement

Thread: How Fearless Warriors Get Gun Shy

How Fearless Warriors Get Gun Shy

We've all seen it before.

A guy comes out, guns blazing, does well. Then... he stops throwing.

We've seen it many times from many courageous fighters with reputations as fearless warriors with punching who are -- so it seems -- ready to die in the ring.

Yet after a few rounds, they stop to letting their hands go, much to their fans' frustration.

Sometimes, the lack of activity can be so baffling, fans start to cry fix. Or say the guy is shot, over the hill and

Mike Tyson, Shane Mosley, David Haye, Nonito Donaire, Tavoris Cloud, Kelly Pavlik, David Tua, and, most recently, Brandon Rios.

Here's the explanation why guys -- who will swear up and down they had great preparation -- will be completely docile after a round or two.

“We had a great game plan going in," Rios said about his bout with Pacquiao. "I was executing it in the gym. I was doing everything. I was doing a great job. Then all of a sudden and I get to the fight and we were doing great out there. We were out there for two weeks and I was still sparring and everything."

Rios continued, "I was still doing a great job still and then on fight night, I fought him; after the first round, I got a little bit confused. And then the second round, I was just totally mind-f*cked. I just, it just seemed like everything I’d throw, I was going to get countered. Every time I tried to do something, I was going to get caught. I really got mind-f*cked."

And this, my friends, is how seemingly fearless warriors get shook.

Advanced Users

Re: How Fearless Warriors Get Gun Shy

It is called the "Eye of the Deer." Totally rolling and strolling until he sees those on-coming headlights, then he's stagnated and straight-up in a trance. And then: KaBOOM! POW! POW!

DOA -- Destroyed/Out-of-it/A$$hole. Mindf#**ed to da max! And in that ring unable to relax.

This is why in dat squared-jungle combat, if you think long, you think wrong. And be "mindf%*#ed."

If you think quick, you can be slick, and have your pick, and not end up being a "Mindf*+%ed" d¡¢k. Holla!

Or it can be called everytime I open up I get punched in the fucking face and it hurts...

Tyson was old and out of shape.

DLH gassed against Floyd. Was old and inactive.

Rios tried he just got punched repeatedly nonstop

Advanced Users

In the Bradley-Pacquiao Bout II, Bradley is going to have "The Mind of The Jack@$$. And is going to get badly hurt and slaughtered if his Aztec warring trainer Joel Diaz doesn't rescue him.

If Bradley gets out of the first round, he will already be concussed and blinded.

Profiling and trying to headbutt and elbow will be his downfall. The bout will won by Da Manny early is my call. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Tyson was old and out of shape.

DLH gassed against Floyd. Was old and inactive.

Rios tried he just got punched repeatedly nonstop
    LOL he sure did.

If you watch Tyson vs. Lewis, you can see he stopped opening up after he got tagged and hurt with the uppercut. He even told his corner.

"Let your hands go!" his coach screamed.

Tyson responded, "I can't get off."

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"- Kid Dynamite

Actually radam, Joel is from Michoacan which doesn't have Aztecs there..the indigenous group are called purepeche. Carry on!

Advanced Users

Thank-you, Brownbomber. The U.S. television channel "H2" reported that Aztec Warriors are originally from Texas. It may be right because Texas is a province of Mexico that was stolen by a ban of Scottie thieves and outlaws. Holla!

Thx for saying thx! Good stuff