English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Cutie Pie Slicksters

Top 10 Cutie Pie Slicksters

In the spirit of the unique Top 10 lists we got going on as January comes to a close, I figured I'd line up another list.

This one is a list of the slickest, cutest, prettiest, technically sound -- not necessarily best or most successful -- but the slickest fighters around.

Again, this is semi-random order, but still my top 10 favorites. Since Cubans are masters of slick, I'll probably include some of them as well. Actually, I will exclude R. Balado. LOL. And stick to pros.

Anyway here goes:

1) Nico Locche
    2) Da Rigo
    3) Jimmy Young
    4) Pernell Whitaker
    5) Floyd Mayweather
    6) Tony Tubbs (SUPER SLICK heavyweight)
    7) James Toney
    8) Williar Pep
    9) Sandy Saddler
    10) Benny Leonard

Honorable mentions: Joan Guzman (who I originally had in Top 10 before remembering James T.), "Sugar" Nikolay Valuev (OK, that was a joke, in case some missed it LOL), Erislandy Lara, Jersey Joe, Ivan Calderon, Rodel Mayol, Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell, old B-Hop.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 01-29-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Advanced Users

Re: Top 10 Cutie Pie Slicksters

I will add the late, great "Dancing Master" Willie Pastrano, Wilfred Benetiz, Ralph Dupas, Vinny Paz, Hector "Macho Time" Camacho, Marvin "Too Sharp" Johnson and Roy Jones Jr. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I will add the late, great "Dancing Master" Willie Pastrano, Wilfred Benetiz, Ralph Dupas, Vinny Paz, Hector "Macho Time" Camacho, Marvin "Too Sharp" Johnson and Roy Jones Jr. Holla!
    Great choices! What do you think of my top 10? Would love to hear your opinion.

Advanced Users

Your top 10 is solid. Though, I'd put Willie Pep, Benny Leonard and Sandy Saddler at the top of the list. Holla!

Advanced Users

Tommy Tubbs -- "Big-wide-@$$ bathtub," as we called him behind his back -- was such a cutie that he could literally wash arses off him and then hit 'em with a few of his signature splash-da-sweat-off-da-bytch-combo punches. [Dude is definitely in my Top 20 of all-time footwork.]

For the oddest reasons, even a fighter that would come into dat squared jungle dry would be heavily bytch sweating before the first round was over against TT.

SAD! SAD! SAD! TT was another one of the arch-master boxer that ate himself outta greatness and super riches. This dude was still whuppin' arse at near 50-years old, 300-plus pounds and after umpteen times of drug rehab. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 01-29-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Tommy Tubbs -- "Big-wide-@$$ bathtub," as we called him behind his back -- was such a cutie that he could literally wash arses off him and then hit 'em with a few of his signature splash-da-sweat-off-da-bytch-combo punches. [Dude is definitely in my Top 20 of all-time footwork.]

For the oddest reasons, even a fighter that would come into dat squared jungle dry would be heavily bytch sweating before the first round was over against TT.

SAD! SAD! SAD! TT was another one of the arch-master boxer that ate himself outta greatness and super riches. This dude was still whuppin' arse at near 50-years old, 300-plus pounds and after umpteen times of drug rehab. Holla!
    It is sad. Dude had serious skill. It's laughable, in a way, that a guy would eat himself out of greatness. I don't get it.

They even tried to give him a bonus for making weight vs. Tyson, which he of course didn't make! After the weigh-in, a fit Tyson expressed obvious disgust with his challenger's lack of fitness.

Tyson wasn't the only one, however. Even guys from his team were appalled by his training methods.

"I tried to kick him in the ***, get him in shape, and Tony didn't like that," estranged coach Rich Giachetti said. "It's a shame. The guy has real ability, but I don't think he's in good shape."

Apparently, Tubbs didn't even like to work out.

"I wanted Tony to go into training for Tyson immediately after his last fight, in September. He wouldn't do it," Giachetti said. "I set him up with training sessions with a good strength coach, Dr. Leroy Perry, and Tony just stopped going because he said (the sessions) were too tough. So when I started to assert myself with Tony, I was out, too."

Is it because they're on such strict diets when they're on the way up that once they have just a tiny bit of autonomy, they lose discipline and give in to their appetite and other temptations?

LOL wash arses off, what does that mean?

And how come guys would be sweating bullets after just one round, he would make them work extra hard because he was so slick?

I think he's thrown quite a few fights, too, after he was no longer a serious contender.

Either way, dude had an awesome skill set. Nice, creative combinations.

Toney is def on that list along with the legendary Willie Pep. Pep was a stud, holla at youtube from time to time it is refreshing.

A prime Judah was pretty slick, he gave Floyd Hell for 4-5 rounds..

Hopkins is like a damn professor, i take notes when he fights..

so many more above agreed upon

Advanced Users

FYI, The Shadow, "wash arses off," means that Tony Tubbs -- with that slick, quick "cutie" work -- would cause pugilists to syet their trunks. And the pugilists would be dripping sweat so badly from TT hitting 'em and making miss 'em him that an optical illusion of him throwing water on them would flash from all the dripping sweat gettin' on its splash from TT's shots.

Holla at YouTube. Maybe some of the videos are HD enough for you to catch what I'm posting about.

TT's bad eating habit made ev'ybodee and dey momma shout. Diet is at the top of importance to being a top gun and eventually great one. Holla!

Ronald "Winky" Wright anyone? A southpaw that was a combination of "peek a boo" defense and an under rated jab. Just ask Sugar Shane Mosely and Felix Trinidad how slick he was! He should at least be honorable mention.

Advanced Users

SRD, he was slick, not showy. Which a boksing cutie is. Holla!