English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Juicers of All Time

Re: Top 10 Juicers of All Time

Good stuff Shadow,

but this below was the best...

"And he's got those West African, fast-twitch, get-buff-from-stretching genes."

hahaha.... damn I wish I had those genes

Advanced Users

Once again, The Shadow, roids and PEDs are old and bold. There just were not rules again using dat jive or talk about it.

The vast amount of fighters don't use "da syet" to get "fast twitch muscles" or Hulk-size ones. They use da syet because mythical beliefs, placebo effects, low confidence and hope that it might work.

Boxers use rituals, lucky charms and any other types of stupidstitions [sic]. And a lot of 'em believe any type jive. Matter of fact, a lot of them think that a god is "fighting their battles." WTF! That god must have been absent without authorized leave a lot of times. Or maybe he musta' fo'got his roids and PEDs. Hehehehe!

Bruno used da syet. And more of the times, he claim that it was because of injuries. Of course, Doc Vitali was a happy camper of dat syet in the amateurs.

The whole ex USSR did and half of Europe and third of the United States.

Again, roids and PEDs of today were openly used and not against the rules going back as far as 60 years ago. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 01-29-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Advanced Users

We know that Marquez juiced on "Epinephrine." He weaseled outta of the excess use of da syet in his system as a PED because the corrupted Nevada commission waved it. Weak USADA, strong VADA and stating-the-rule WADA don't wave excess usage of dat syet. This is why Hulkquez refused to be tested by the testing giants.

Against Bradley, Marquez even had it in his contract that only NSAC would only test him. And just as NSAC does nothing for Money May's use of xylocaine, it does nothing for using Epinephrine as a PED, instead of a ratio of 1,000-to-1 to treat "eyelid cuts." Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Good stuff Shadow,

but this below was the best...

"And he's got those West African, fast-twitch, get-buff-from-stretching genes."

hahaha.... damn I wish I had those genes
    LOL yes!! I'm sure you got some lats n' deltoids on you from swinging the bat...

Looking at Bruno now, he looks ridiculous but he's still ridiculously ripped! Look at this guy: http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/...g-in-1996.html

Amayseng, what kind of workout regimens do you guys use for baseball? Is it based on explosiveness? Like boxing, it seems to mix up both aerobic and anaerobic exercise motions.

Do you think some of it transfers over to boxing? And finally, were you able to detect that Sosa and McGwire were juicing before they came clean?

Much of the PED use in baseball is in order to survive the grind of the 162 game schedule with travel which is grueling. McGwire, Canseco, Sosa, Bonds, and the rest of the behemoths didn't pass the eye test. In the 90s it was the elephant in the room that wasn't discussed. Look at Ryan Braun, he didn't look at all like a juicer as he took more the Lance Armstrong approach for stamina/marathoning and like Mr. Radam pointed out a placebo/mythical type effect on top of what it already does. Bob Costas said that steroids don't make a great player by themselves, but can have a transformative effect on an already great player. Not sure if it helps in boxing the way it does there. In baseball they say it helps with recovery. I remember in the 80s the powers that be put such a negative stigma on steroids if you touched it you were ostracized. Lyle Alzado was the poster boy on SI dying. I played golf a bunch of times with a caught juicer named Petr Korda. He was a pro tennis player from the Iron Curtain who won the Australian Open. Another guy you'd never suspect from his build. But he was busted for nandrolone. Those cycling guys use it like Wheaties. That's some great stuff there on Holyfield and the rest from Shadow. If you ever read about Holyfield they'll always say he has 'approximately' 15 kids. Nobody knows the true figure, it's a total mystery that no one can put their finger on. Always chuckle about that, having to estimate his number of children. Good point also in Golota's wild and erratic behavior, another telltale sign. Also Vitali Klitschko, missed that one and one has to wonder if those guys haven't kept that regimen up. Fair question for sure. Last point, James Toney definitely didn't have the look of a juicer. I remember being floored when he was caught the first time but Toney's so out there he'll probably get busted again.
    Last edited by Domenic; 01-29-2014 at 09:49 AM.

I believe Domenic's right, I think everyone had a hunch those baseball guys were using but just weren't talking about it. I wonder if it weren't for PED's, would we still have witnessed that exciting '98 home run race? That was one of the funnest sporting events to watch unfold. Some even say that saved baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Amayseng, what kind of workout regimens do you guys use for baseball? Is it based on explosiveness? Like boxing, it seems to mix up both aerobic and anaerobic exercise motions.

Do you think some of it transfers over to boxing? And finally, were you able to detect that Sosa and McGwire were juicing before they came clean?
    I work both slow twitch and fast twitch muscle groups. A pitcher needs stamina to throw inning after inning. In the legs and back it is quite exerting. Tired legs equal poor control and less speed.

For batting and fielding-- fast dynamic responses to increase hand speed and power for hitting.

Boxing is very close to swinging a bat. When you swing a bat you turn/torque your hips through and also have a back foot pivot, closely to throwing a punch in a similar fashion. Hands and hips create speed and power. Boxing is a phenomenal way to increase these.

We jog for distances and also do sprints. Straight sprints, turn and go sprints, up downs, lateral dynamic agility drills in a squatted position to be able to move side to side. Without a glove and with a glove. I believe in lifting weights slow and controlled with some weight lifting with quick bursts like clean and jerks.

More than anything I believe in repetitions. I believe in the 100 rule. 100 ground balls a day, 100 swings a day, see 100 pitches a day. Repetition builds muscle memory. You want to build reactions and instincts, just like boxing you want to slip a punch and return one without thinking. Same for baseball, you dont think about adjust you swing you just do it to hit the ball more soundly.

Yes I think Sosa and McGwire were juicing, and honestly it helped bring the game back, damn that was an exciting time...

Oh, most important I don't over work my kids, 12-14 i do not allow weight lifting, 15 year olds can lift and be pushed harder, I will never do anything to injure or jeopardize any of my kids.....They never have to ask me for water just tell me they are grabbing a drink. You dont know how many parents dont send water with their kids to a 3 hour practice in 90 degrees. My mom and sister had to bring these kids drinks. Ridiculous.

Also we never walk on or off the field, that disrespects the game and those arent blessed to play.
    I make sure they have fun and mix it up. These are after all kids, they dont want to do drills and pushups all day, they like to goof around and have fun..

Boxing is excellent for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    Much of the PED use in baseball is in order to survive the grind of the 162 game schedule with travel which is grueling. McGwire, Canseco, Sosa, Bonds, and the rest of the behemoths didn't pass the eye test. In the 90s it was the elephant in the room that wasn't discussed. Look at Ryan Braun, he didn't look at all like a juicer as he took more the Lance Armstrong approach for stamina/marathoning and like Mr. Radam pointed out a placebo/mythical type effect on top of what it already does. Bob Costas said that steroids don't make a great player by themselves, but can have a transformative effect on an already great player. Not sure if it helps in boxing the way it does there. In baseball they say it helps with recovery. I remember in the 80s the powers that be put such a negative stigma on steroids if you touched it you were ostracized. Lyle Alzado was the poster boy on SI dying. I played golf a bunch of times with a caught juicer named Petr Korda. He was a pro tennis player from the Iron Curtain who won the Australian Open. Another guy you'd never suspect from his build. But he was busted for nandrolone. Those cycling guys use it like Wheaties. That's some great stuff there on Holyfield and the rest from Shadow. If you ever read about Holyfield they'll always say he has 'approximately' 15 kids. Nobody knows the true figure, it's a total mystery that no one can put their finger on. Always chuckle about that, having to estimate his number of children. Good point also in Golota's wild and erratic behavior, another telltale sign. Also Vitali Klitschko, missed that one and one has to wonder if those guys haven't kept that regimen up. Fair question for sure. Last point, James Toney definitely didn't have the look of a juicer. I remember being floored when he was caught the first time but Toney's so out there he'll probably get busted again.
    I remember Petr Korda, that dude was a pretty decent player. He even won a major or two I believe.

You are absolutely correct that most baseball players used them for recovery and that Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, Canseco, Brady Anderson, Bret Boone, and a couple of other guys became super human overnight. My doctor said that she knew from day one. She explained to me a couple of things that gave it away for her:

1. Grown men don't have their limbs grow. It was a dirty little secret but Sosa and the boys all of a sudden needed bigger sized cleats, gloves and hats. Feet, hands, and head size grow very very little on a normal human being.

2. The amount of muscle these guys gained in such little time. She explained to me that with very rare exception, if you train perfectly for an entire year, ate perfectly, slept perfectly, and did everything to the best of human ability, that you could put on 25lbs of pure bulk muscle and maybe another 5lbs of what doctors call stretch muscle (what we call lean muscle) in a year. She also said that your body would have a much more difficult time repeating the process the following twelve months. Some of these guys put on as much as 50lbs of muscle in 14 months. I know that in the summer before Sosa went on his homerun binge, he gained 20lbs of muscle in 3 months.

I think the thing we also have to keep in mind too when talking about juicing is exactly what juice are you on. Steroids help a baseball player get stronger but not much more than that without some huge detriments. They actually when abused tear at fast twitch muscles and erode your knee and elbow joints i.e Barry Bonds. HGH or derivatives of it however are a different ballgame. HGH cannot only help you get stronger, it is a fat burner, helps you recover infinitely quicker, retards the growth of lactic acid(substance that causes soreness or the "bear"), boosts testosterone production, is hard to detect and all improves vision. That is why I think many baseball players are willing to try this stuff. They see the ball better, have a faster swing, and can workout without getting sore. HGH scares me even more in boxing because you are talking about a guy being able to train more, react quicker, and punch harder.

I played with baseball with a guy in college who after his minor league career was over he admitted to me that he tried HGH. He said that the effects of it scared him. Here is what he told me in a nutshell:

"I got off the stuff because the effects were so good that it petrified me. I went from being able to do a max workout with weights once a week to twice a day. I could do push ups forever!!! I know that I did at least 1000 a day for 6 weeks. I even shaved 3 tenths of a second off of my time getting to first out of the box. I could get down to first in under 4.1 seconds and I was a right hander!!!!"

That's some scary stuff. Craziest thing is, that looking at him, it was not overly apparent.

Informative posts by all, I knew about Mosley admitting to a grand jury he knowingly was blood doping. It's kind of disheartening seeing all of these fighters cheat but that's sports for you.

Lol @Shadow regarding Holyfield's head.

And yes appearance doesn't always indicate PED usage, someone who isn't that well built still uses and vice versa People accused me of juicing in high school, and when I was competing and dropped down to 65 they thought I was off that syet. I just cleaned up my eating and ran everyday.