English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floyd Mayweather Is Named "Supreme Champion"

Re: Floyd Mayweather Is Named "Supreme Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    I'm nominating myself supreme Sho 'Nuff and y'all can kiss my Converse.
    Ha, nice movie reference. I remember hearing or reading Hollywood was planning to remake it years ago...I guess the idea got squashed. I think Samuel L. Jackson woulda been great as Sho 'Nuff.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear.

BTW ... from Ultimoshogun's signature:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear."

Personally, I think this is a great quote, with which I agree completely. Take war. If a soldier bravely puts his own life in danger in order to defend my freedom, I don't really care whether he 'felt fear' going in or not. Whatever he did or didn't feel, he was "courageous" in my book. Courage is action.

Now that we're talking about Floyd's awards for his stellar 2013, I was looking at an old article and came across this prediction of the #Mayday card I found pretty funny:

Speaking of this Guerrero, he wants to talk all this biblical ****, "he who exalts himself shall be humbled..." how Jesus put him here to humble boxing!

WTF?

What makes him think he's the Chosen One?

He will get CRUCIFIED by Floyd's Hammer and Nail - his right hand and left hand, respectively - with his face bleeding as if he were wearing a crown of thorns.

In fact, I predict that the self-anointed holy Ghost will regurgitate Bible verses all night. Unfortunately for him, he will be echoing the sayings of Jesus on the cross:

"I thirst!" In between rounds 8 and 9, as he's gasping for air.

In round 10, as he's being pot shot to death, Guerrero will look to the heavens and cry:

"My lord!!! Why have you forsaken me??"

As the grand finale, in round 11, right before succumbing his will to the mastery of Mayweather, Robert will look to Papa Ruben with a defeated face of resignation and scream:

"Father! Into your hand I commend my spirit!!"

And it will be over. By the time of the stoppage, Guerrero will look like Jim Caviezel in the Passion, bleeding from the back and ****. I guarantee it.

The basic reality is this: No man escapes death. And The Ghost will find out the hard way that Floyd is the Grim Reaper of the ring, the Undertaker of boxing.

Floyd Mayweather W11 by way of fistic crucifixion.

Interesting that you found that funny. I would never take that which is most sacred to Muslims and use it as joke material. Perhaps here is a more fitting quote of Christ's from the cross: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    BTW ... from Ultimoshogun's signature:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it's action in the face of fear."

Personally, I think this is a great quote, with which I agree completely. Take war. If a soldier bravely puts his own life in danger in order to defend my freedom, I don't really care whether he 'felt fear' going in or not. Whatever he did or didn't feel, he was "courageous" in my book. Courage is action.
    I agree, and it should go without saying.

i like hip hop but when i hear these rappers or anyone calling themselves "soldiers", hell i heard a professional basketball player call himself a "solider" it is just an insult an ignorant statement when there are real "soldiers" fighting for our freedom every second of every day. i have nothing but the utmost respect for members of our military. it is one of the most honorable professions anyone can do. in fact, why arent they making 75,000$ a year? or more

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Interesting that you found that funny. I would never take that which is most sacred to Muslims and use it as joke material. Perhaps here is a more fitting quote of Christ's from the cross: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
    When you say muslims, what are you referring to exactly? I thought it was absolutely hilarious. When people anoint themselves messengers of Christ, especially in a damn sporting event, not only are they grandly delusional but they are also the real ones in need of being humbled. Which is exactly what happened.

I'm sure the father forgave Robert, though. He meant well, I suppose.