English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Rios Guarantees Bout With Manny Pacquiao Will Be Fight of the Year

Brandon Rios Guarantees Bout With Manny Pacquiao Will Be Fight of the Year

Rios Write-up/Blog Part 2; Monday, November 4

Question for Brandon Rios - Your name has been attached to some of the most entertaining and impressive fights this year so far. What makes Brandon Rios must-see TV
    A) What makes Brandon Rios must see TV? Well everybody already knows how I fight. Everybody knows I come and fight with my heart and balls. I leave it all in the ring and there are no limits. People like that at the fights. The fans already know I will not give them a boring fight, because every single fight I have brought my exciting style of fighting to the ring. There have been fights where the opponent has not let me give the fight I like to give but that doesn’t stop me from trying. For example when I fought Anthony Peterson in 2010, I tried giving fans what they paid to go see, but he kept giving me low blows. Even with the low blows though, I still let it go and fought the way I fight. As a matter of fact the low blows just got me angrier and I came back stronger, which I think he realized because he would come back with another one.
    With Richard Abril same thing, I trained for the fight hard, like I always do. Had no respect for him because of the fact he had disrespected me in Florida that same year. So that it just made me train harder and prepare myself well for the fight. When I came in to the ring, and we started fighting I noticed he kept clenching and didn’t stop. I tried to change my game plan but it seems like he wanted to slow dance the whole time. Of course I got frustrated because I am used to giving the fans a different kind of fight, not see a slow dance. I can only do so much though, because both opponents need to want to fight in order to give the fans the fight they want to see. He wasn’t willing to engage.
    I now train in a way to fight different fighters, not just brawl, because at the end of the day I don’t know how my opponents train to fight me. Come November 23 I can guarantee Manny Pacquiao and myself will give the fans the fight of the year. Why? Because Pacquaio has established that he is an elite fighter, I think I have proven throughout my professional career, and especially the last two fights against Mike Alvarado, that I am an exciting fighter. A fighter the fans want to see live. The first fight against Mike Alvarado, I remember Hall of Famer Michael Buffer said it loud and clear, “Ladies and Gentlemen after six and a half rounds and perhaps the greatest fighting you will ever see has finally come to an end.” That was two warriors going at it, Mike and I gave the fans a great fight. That’s how I like to fight, that is my style of fighting. Same thing with Rios vs. Alvarado II. People usually don’t like sequels but even if I lost to the cards that night, both Mike and myself did not let the fans down. We both fought out hearts out and left it all in the ring. That’s how it should always be, fight, fight your way to the top. Fight for your fans, because at the end of the day, the fans, whether they love or hate us, they’re the ones who pay for our sport. Us, the fighters, we have to keep boxing alive by fighting the way the greatest fighters have always fought. Leaving it all in the ring, taking the fights the fans want us to fight. Entertain them and making every fight must-see TV, that’s what I do for my fans and my haters.
    24/7 Pacquiao/Rios debuts Saturday, Nov. 9 at 12:15 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.
    Pacquiao vs. Rios takes place Saturday, Nov. 23 live on pay-per-view beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV

Advanced Users

Re: Brandon Rios Guarantees Bout With Manny Pacquiao Will Be Fight of the Year

Wow! NYET! Maybe round of the year, KO of the year and comeback fighter of the year. Bam Bam is gonna get SLAM SLAM! And put to sleep. Holla!

And remember that Oscar predicted that the Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be "the best fight in the history of the sport". Why don't people hold those responsible who make such outlandishly extravagant statements? Because no one does the irresponsible claptrap continues unabated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    And remember that Oscar predicted that the Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be "the best fight in the history of the sport". Why don't people hold those responsible who make such outlandishly extravagant statements? Because no one does the irresponsible claptrap continues unabated.
    how did anyone ever think floyd was gonna be exciting? especially after he bicycled against the ghost after saying he would go toe to toe.

people think they are buying prime tyson fights......

hey i like floyd and appreciate his craft but im not spending 75 bucks to watch him bicycle and not challenged by a catch weight canelo.

as for pac vs rios, well you are getting two exciting fighters....

rios is a tough dude, it will be impressive when pac destroys him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    They're promoters, Hop. They're selling a fight. They're supposed to say that. It's up to the consumer to take those wild statements with a grain of salt.

How did he bicycle against ghost? Stop with that! Show the guy some love

Love the poster..
    reminds me of the poster used for the famous kung fu flick, "Iron Monkey".

Quote Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
    How did he bicycle against ghost? Stop with that! Show the guy some love
    he pot shotted then moved about the ring for 20 second intervals as the ghost followed him, then he feinted, moved about bicycling around for another 20 seconds, then shot a punch, then bailed and dipped out and bicycled.

hey its all good, floyd did what he did and won clearly....

it just wasnt exciting is all. and its ok for me or anyone else to state that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    They're promoters, Hop. They're selling a fight. They're supposed to say that. It's up to the consumer to take those wild statements with a grain of salt.
    Yes, I know. This is the answer I've always gotten. Didn't buy it then, don't buy it now (as far as it being any justification for what is basically lying). Don't care if I'm the last person in the world who feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    he pot shotted then moved about the ring for 20 second intervals as the ghost followed him, then he feinted, moved about bicycling around for another 20 seconds, then shot a punch, then bailed and dipped out and bicycled.

hey its all good, floyd did what he did and won clearly....

it just wasnt exciting is all. and its ok for me or anyone else to state that.
    We must have watched a different fight buddy. No need to say that he was on a bicycle, you could have said he boxed in master form for 12 rounds.