English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a Fool to Hope for Big Things from Deontay Wilder?

Am I a Fool to Hope for Big Things from Deontay Wilder?

In the wake of the rather underwhelming Wladimir Klitschko victory today, my thoughts longingly turn toward a heavyweight I could really get excited about. One that brought not only enough skill and power into the ring to consistently wear down opponents (WK has that), but more importantly that 'something special' -- whether the superlative talent of an Ali, the frightening power of a George Foreman, or the palpable ferocity of a Mike Tyson, etc. Hmm ... but is there one?

I like Deontay Wilder. But is there any chance he might become special? His power excites me, but I still don't know about the rest of his game (especially his mental fortitude). And so I ask the forum:

Should I even keep my options open and remain hopeful regarding Deontay Wilder, or is doing so in reality just a pipe dream?

Deontay Wilder: The Bronze Bomber

29-0 (KO %: 100)

Advanced Users

Re: Am I a Fool to Hope for Big Things from Deontay Wilder?

Anything is possible. But as of now, you are pipe dreaming. Wilder is de facto in the boxing pretender protection program. Hehehe! Holla!

He won a bronze in the amateurs after having only about 22 amateur fights and got hit plenty in the process so that tells you something...Wilder doesn't need a chin if he continues to be first and continues to cultivate his boxing skill. Most of his opponents are already resigned to hitting the canvas as his rep preceeds him into the ring.. I would go as far as saying his reputation is his most dangerous weapon as it hits his opponents before he even gets into the ring. Would love to see Wilder vs Jennings or Arreola.

Advanced Users

Big (Rev.) George Foreman won a gold after 21 fights. Sorry! Wilder is no George Foreman. Arreola would kayo him quicker than he did Seth Mitchell. Maybe Wilder can fight Rev. G's son "Munk." Even Munk will kayo Wilder, who is a modern-day Primo Carnera. And like PC, Wilder too will win a set-up world title or be given one. Holla!

I don't think Arreola agrees with you RG.. The big burrito and beer drinking bandit has gone on record as saying he wants no part of the Alabama bomber....especially after having his face broken in 4 places just 2 fights ago by Stiverne.

Wilder actually has a more dynamic right hand than the wreckingball like Foreman and can finish anybody he touches. That's the thrill of watching Wilder... and that's the fear his opponents have to deal with and the reason Arreola is lobbying HBO to get s shot at anybody...even W Klitschko rather than facing Wilder.

Advanced Users

Optical illusions are everywhere in da game.

It is the Shadow Al Haymon, who doesn't agree with me. He's the BIG boss of both fighters, and doesn't want the Cali Crusher to put da Bama to sleep yet. It is all about the money of prizefighting, not pride fighting.

Wilder is not even a bum. He's marginal between bum and tomato can. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Optical illusions are everywhere in da game.

It is the Shadow Al Haymon, who doesn't agree with me. He's the BIG boss of both fighters, and doesn't want the Cali Crusher to put da Bama to sleep yet. It is all about the money of prizefighting, not pride fighting.

Wilder is not even a bum. He's marginal between bum and tomato can. Holla!
    Hayman has no problem making the fight. Arreola is expendable. It was HBO's plan to match Wilder and the winner of Arreola/Mitchell.
    In fact the matchup was expected. Wilder was not the one being protected.
    Arreola balked at the concept and its understandable why his did. ( self preservation)
    RG..I think you're opinion of Wilder is too harsh although I can't do any thing about that.
    I am very interested to see how Wilder progresses and give him a decent chance to make some waved in the coming months.

Advanced Users

It is prizefighting, not pride-fighting. The Shadow Al Haymon has his own drummer. And they will not fight -- fall, winter, spring or SUMMER! The Cali Crusher would kayo da Bama in a half of round. The insiders of da game know dat. Wilder will not get in the same zip code, let alone the same squared jungle with the Cali Crusher. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-06-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Advanced Users

Danggit, B-Sug! BTW, the hurt bitnezz is "harsh," sleazy and shady. I don't know where you got that make-believe-HBO plan from. Top dawgs in da game and HBO don't deal in the way that you are claiming. Maybe Editor Mike or busy-bee Dino will holla da real deal. And getting legit information, tell you how to legally steal. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Do what you have to do....not make believe... just rewatch the fight and hear it for yourself or Google you dont need be CIA to find out.

Of one thing you can be certain...no way Arreola agrees to fight Wilder unless the Cable Giant has a come to Jesus meeting with him.

For Wilder ...Arreola is just the next stepping stone