English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golovkin Is "99%" Sure He Could Beat Mayweather

Advanced Users

Re: Golovkin Is "99%" Sure He Could Beat Mayweather

Ditto, The Shadow! Thanks for looking out and smacking to those who needed that.

Danggit! The boogeyman has got all up in their koolaid. And -- to be a boxer in demand -- they don't understand the prize that has to be paid. Nobody and dey top ho will get 3g a shot at JACK! He ain't no boksing MACK! He needs to get his arse in the back of the pack. The right connections, he and his team LACK!

It's all about the BIG pay, FIRST and Foremost, always! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-04-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Maybe at 160, 3g will win. But at a starved-down 154, Money May would kick his butt worse than he did the super-hyped red-haired Canelo. Size -- within a certain limit -- doesn't matter. It is skills that pay the bills. Canelo was 165lbs the night of the bout. Money May was a buck 49, I believe. Holla!
    good point i have stated elsewhere a hundred times if 154 is healthy for ggg then he wins, if not then no.
    canelo would have been beaten the same way at 154. **** if canelo weighed in at 160 floyd still would have handled him the exact same.

ggg is a totally different animal. the guy has the footwork, defense, workrate and BOXING ability to beat floyd , add in his bilateral power and this version of floyd gets beat

Advanced Users

Styles make fights and the chemicals in your brain is effect by weight loss. A bigger Canelo would have done slightly better than the catchweight one. And NO, NO, NO! A starved-down 3G by even an ounce wouldn't be able to deal with Money May's gamesmanship. Physics are affected by the change of any nano viable.

As Canelo was, 3g's game will be thrown off, Money May will have easy work. Nonetheless, the bout will never happen, so discussing it is a moot point. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-04-2013 at 05:45 PM.

GGG loses to Floyd at any weight. Besides - his resume is no better than Canelos. Too much hype - a very good fighter no doubt but not yet great and at this level it takes a great fighter to beat Floyd who in my opinion is actually fighting better at 36 than at 24 ! Yes, his style has changed and he has lost some speed but now makes up for it with efficiency and superb conditioning. Like Canelo said all Floyd has to do is pile up the points. GGG loses to Ward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelabii View Post
    GGG loses to Floyd at any weight. Besides - his resume is no better than Canelos. Too much hype - a very good fighter no doubt but not yet great and at this level it takes a great fighter to beat Floyd who in my opinion is actually fighting better at 36 than at 24 ! Yes, his style has changed and he has lost some speed but now makes up for it with efficiency and superb conditioning. Like Canelo said all Floyd has to do is pile up the points. GGG loses to Ward as well.
    much respect but your opinion, well is an opinion but the fact remains although floyd is great still today he is not as good as he was when he fought Corrales or even JMM. the floyd today is fantastic but the floyd that fought JMM beats the floyd today. there is no arguing that.

hype is a state of mind with an emotional response. resume or not, hype or not, GGG has the attributes to beat THIS version of floyd. at 160 GGG batters floyd or spanks him easy putting rounds in the bank with ring generalship and activity while floyd flees. ggg has the footwork to stay with an opponent, the stamina and endurance to stay with an opponent, the boxing ability to transition from defense to offense flawlessly and the punching power to negate want an opponent wants to do and when.

GO and watch GGG's last 6-8 fights and LOOK for these things, STUDY these attributes and open your mind to what i explained.

then go back and watch floyd beat the breaks off of Corrales, and then watch the ghost and canelo fight.

the foot agility and coordination is not the same, he makes up for a lot with anticipation....

this is not a knock on floyd, he is almost 37, the body diminishes with time, its LIFE

Wow, look at Saving Private Ryan stunting, stepping his scribble game up and ish while flaunting some studying. Nice. An educated opinion formulated by substance and fact is fine with me any day.

I've noticed some slight deterioration in coordination and foot work as well. But I think he's as good or better than when he fought JMM. You will naturally look different when fighting guys with different styles who also happen to weigh 20-25 pounds less.

As for GGG, styles make fights. Pro fighters can do everything well against a certain level of opposition. Joshua Clottey can imitate Floyd to a T vs. a mail man. I bet Radam G can pattern the shoulder rool from an orthodox stance vs. a guy with a losing record, convincing everyone he's the second coming of Pretty Boy Floyd.

Let me see GGG corner Andre Ward, Austin Trout or a guy like Erislandy Lara -- which I doubt he can -- and then I'm ready to concede that he stylistically can trouble someone with the skill set of Mayweather Jr.

Speaking of other fantasy matchups, I really wonder what would've happened had Ernie Shavers fought Wladimir Klitschko. I think Ernie would've caught Wlad like he did Larry Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    As Canelo was, 3g's game will be thrown off, Money May will have easy work. Nonetheless, the bout will never happen, so discussing it is a moot point. Holla!
    Exactly. At least Superman vs. Spiderman happened in a comic book.

Superman vs Spiderman how 'bout Wonder woman, Invisible man and Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I really wonder what would've happened had Ernie Shavers fought Wladimir Klitschko. I think Ernie would've caught Wlad like he did Larry Holmes.
    IMHO it wouldn't have been very close, with WK doing to Earnie what Jerry Quarry did to him (Wlad w/much more power than JQ).

What's up y'all, ya boy The Shadow just came from partying with P-Reala and Money May. Right next to ya boy's house, about 100 yards. Daddy Steele was hollering at everything in sight, swagged out and they was lovin' it. Money May left in a black Rolls Royce (his MIA collection is black, just like it was MIA), P-Reala in some sort of red car with Money May's female assistants from All Access chauffeuring the ****.

I asked about punk a$$ GGG, he said who the fudge is that? A 50 Cent crony? G-G-G G-Unit! LMAO! Step your draw game up boy! The only Soviet mutherfockers droppin dollars are the corrupts ones -- not the consumers.

I asked about a mere con. You guys can guess the answer. I ain't worried 'bout nuttin'. And UOENO. Haaaaaa!!!