English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had the Biggest Fight of My Life

Exclamation Had the Biggest Fight of My Life

'Sup, Fells.

Ever been in a fight so grueling that several times you asked yourself whether you could hold out to the end? Ever fought an opponent so strong you thought to yourself, "Never been in a fight quite like this before"? Yeah? Me too. But comrades, after an exhausting battle, The Hop emerged victorious! Thought you'd all be proud of me, so I submit the following post-fight snapshot as proof. Whale of a fight, believe me!

Lake Trout (20 lbs./36"); Lake Granby, Colorado

(P.S. Any other anglers on here?)

Advanced Users

Re: Had the Biggest Fight of My Life

Wow! NICE! You Da MAN! Nuff said! Hehehe! Holla!

I love fish... Especially fresh fish....remarkable catch....please don't say you threw it back!

P.S. these day I do all my fishing at the Fish Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    (P.S. Any other anglers on here?)
    Yup, love to fish, only have a hard time finding time.

Wonderful pic. Wonderful catch. Congratulations.

Good job Hop, love me some fish

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    ...remarkable catch....please don't say you threw it back!
    Thanks, Brown (& everyone) for having fun w/this off-topic thread. I'm a big 'catch & release' proponent (especially for the trophies), so yes, B-Sug, I released this beauty. I sometimes keep smaller, pan-size fish, though, and fix them up delicious-like!

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Thanks, Brown (& everyone) for having fun w/this off-topic thread. I'm a big 'catch & release' proponent (especially for the trophies), so yes, B-Sug, I released this beauty. I sometimes keep smaller, pan-size fish, though, and fix them up delicious-like!
    I ain't mad. but I cant comprehend releasing your catch....maybe I havent evolved enough to appreciate the concept.

Administrator

I go to war with a fish for five to ten minutes, I'm eating him, otherwise why oh why am I there? There's a lot to do and if you're doing battle with a fish that has accepted your challenge, it's understood that if you catch him after a prolonged fight, your supposed to take him home. Look, you can't throw him back in because he'll be ashamed when the other fish spot him with the hole in his cheek, and everybody knows what smack-talkers (smackerel's, I believe they're called) ignorant fish that never went to school can be. Besides, don't fish that have been in a prolonged fight die anyway because they cook from the inside because their body temperature goes way north during the struggle? Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    I go to war with a fish for five to ten minutes, I'm eating him, otherwise why oh why am I there? There's a lot to do and if you're doing battle with a fish that has accepted your challenge, it's understood that if you catch him after a prolonged fight, your supposed to take him home. Look, you can't throw him back in because he'll be ashamed when the other fish spot him with the hole in his cheek, and everybody knows what smack-talkers (smackerel's, I believe they're called) ignorant fish that never went to school can be. Besides, don't fish that have been in a prolonged fight die anyway because they cook from the inside because their body temperature goes way north during the struggle? Just sayin'
    That actually made me laugh out loud Dino.

One exception for tossing back fish... The old ancient ones that reach mutant scale sizes are awful to eat.
    Just like those 3000 lbs Ferrell Pigs they occassionally find. Nasty looking creatures.