English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Floyd Mayweather Might Learn From Manny Pacquiao

Re: What Floyd Mayweather Might Learn From Manny Pacquiao

"BTW! After boxing, Money May does indeed have a job or two. One -- as a boxing promoter. Two -- as CEO and owner of the Mayweather/The Money Team boxing gyms in Nevada and his birth state. Plus he has security and bodyguard services, night clubs and more.

Dude is phat and far from being a dummy. Holla!"

That's why I said promoting and training,"he does not have a career outside of boxing". All you did was reiterate what I stated LOL c'mon buddy. Everybody knows that southpaws and orthodox fighters clash heads and get their feet tangled that was also well documented in their 3rd fight. But clearly in the video I provided it was not the case, Marquez' foot was down already and Pacquiao's hit or stepped on top of JMM's causing mannys reckless wild man jump to further propel himself into the perfectly timed right hand.

I guess the link Shadow provided stopped you from saying it was all Money's fault for the fight not happening. And Freddie Roach ain't down with the moolah
    Last edited by Carmine Cas; 10-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.

He's still scared.

Administrator

JMM is on record saying he was waiting on the feint by Manny to fire the punch that was to end it. JM is extremely proud, and had to endure the grief of not getting his hand raised in three previous encounters with a fellow great of his era. It is going to take an insane amount of money to entice Juan Manuel Marquez back into the ring with the Pacster that I believe the series is officially over. There is something about being repeatedly cast as the 'B' side in an event when you whole heartily know you are a fellow A sider. He took B side money repeatedly, and in addition to getting short-paid, he may have been short changed.
    For you younger people just discovering the sport believe me when I tell you that Juan Manuel Marquez is not only one of the very best fighters applying his trade today, he is one of the best ever. Please don't confuse this with others stating 'one of the best Mexican fighters ever', Juan Manuel is one of the best fighters ever. Period. Which of course should give you a very good idea of how just how great the Pacman is. Because in boxing to lay claim to all-time greatness, you need another similar talent across the ring from you, pushing you to the brink. We don't measure you against the good fighters you've faced, we measure you against the fighters you've faced that make us grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    "BTW! After boxing, Money May does indeed have a job or two. One -- as a boxing promoter. Two -- as CEO and owner of the Mayweather/The Money Team boxing gyms in Nevada and his birth state. Plus he has security and bodyguard services, night clubs and more.

Dude is phat and far from being a dummy. Holla!"

That's why I said promoting and training,"he does not have a career outside of boxing". All you did was reiterate what I stated LOL c'mon buddy. Everybody knows that southpaws and orthodox fighters clash heads and get their feet tangled that was also well documented in their 3rd fight. But clearly in the video I provided it was not the case, Marquez' foot was down already and Pacquiao's hit or stepped on top of JMM's causing mannys reckless wild man jump to further propel himself into the perfectly timed right hand.

I guess the link Shadow provided stopped you from saying it was all Money's fault for the fight not happening. And Freddie Roach ain't down with the moolah
    You're right, you did say outside boxing. But like I pointed out, he's also involved in music promotions. I wouldn't count his Philthy Rich record label as a serious enterprise, though, LOL. They have yet to release a record, hahahahaha.

But Money is involved in the Haymon family business of staging concerts. His clothing line will either land a huge retail deal or joint venture with a known brand.

He has plenty of options outside boxing. I think he also is starting to take acting classes on the low, although I don't know that for sure.

Look at his recent appearance on Colbert. He's obviously been trained to say lines so he might explore that also.

He also has reality shows he's producing, TONS of secret sparring footage, which he has recorded for the purpose of monetizing it down the road, books and much, much more.

He will be fine as long as he sticks with Crimson Al.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    JMM is on record saying he was waiting on the feint by Manny to fire the punch that was to end it. JM is extremely proud, and had to endure the grief of not getting his hand raised in three previous encounters with a fellow great of his era. It is going to take an insane amount of money to entice Juan Manuel Marquez back into the ring with the Pacster that I believe the series is officially over. There is something about being repeatedly cast as the 'B' side in an event when you whole heartily know you are a fellow A sider. He took B side money repeatedly, and in addition to getting short-paid, he may have been short changed.
    For you younger people just discovering the sport believe me when I tell you that Juan Manuel Marquez is not only one of the very best fighters applying his trade today, he is one of the best ever. Please don't confuse this with others stating 'one of the best Mexican fighters ever', Juan Manuel is one of the best fighters ever. Period. Which of course should give you a very good idea of how just how great the Pacman is. Because in boxing to lay claim to all-time greatness, you need another similar talent across the ring from you, pushing you to the brink. We don't measure you against the good fighters you've faced, we measure you against the fighters you've faced that make us grin.
    I totally, wholeheartedly agree. Beautifully put.

Advanced Users

It was 100 percent Money May why there were not a Da Manny-Da Money May Fight. Money May didn't want the bout, PERIOD! And he played possum that he did. And YUP! Marquez is one of the best fighter ever. But also the biggest whiner and bulljiver. Holla!

Administrator

It would be great if the author of the article was correct, but he's not.

It would have been Arum's biggest payday as well. I don't particularly care how much pretzel logic is thrown at this topic, you will not be able to alter reality.

I am just playing the devil's advocate Shadow and Radam, I am sure he is invested in ventures outside of boxing, especially working with Al Haymon who started his career in music. No doubt about it he's going keep making a lot of money after boxing. Which good to see because a lot of elite do not have anything after they retire.

Bob Arum didn't want the fight as much as Floyd if not more probably. Mayweather gets more of the blame because the casual fan doesn't know the promotional side of boxing and probably didn't even know about Bob Arum a few years ago. He's the snake in the grass that needs to be exposed in pieces by a John Deer or def to my California King Snake LOL. And another great link by Shadow, and great point by Dino

Administrator

http://fighthype.com/pages/content9253.html

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    It would be great if the author of the article was correct, but he's not.

It would have been Arum's biggest payday as well. I don't particularly care how much pretzel logic is thrown at this topic, you will not be able to alter reality.
    *As for the re-post, I wasn't clear on where my response was directed. It's directed at The Shadow's link he posted several posts up, not at this article.
    Last edited by dino da vinci; 10-03-2013 at 09:49 AM.