English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegan Diet A BIG Key To Timothy Bradley's Success

Vegan Diet A BIG Key To Timothy Bradley's Success

Bradley Blog Part 3: Monday, September 30

Question to Bradley - You stick to a very strict vegan diet before all of your fights. What’s the story behind this decision? Have you always done this throughout your career?

Bradley: "I have used this diet since 2008. I first tried it when I was preparing for my challenge of WBC super lightweight champion Junior Whittier -- my first world title fight -- and after seeing the results it gave me I have tried to stay as loyal to it as possible.

"It helps keep my body clean and it provides me with a tremendous amount of energy due to my body spending less energy breaking down foods like meats. This is a big key factor in my fitness.

"I told a reporter recently that I feel totally superior over any athlete who gets into the ring with me. The energy is always there. I feel so alive. My senses and reflexes ar so acute. It's an incredible feeling. Rest, preparation, rest, hard work - but rest is very important. It gives you the right kind of balance.

"With a vegan diet you always have energy, so much that sometimes I have trouble sleeping at night. You feel light. You don't feel bulky or heavy. This would benefit any athlete in any sport."

In my hometown, the Palm Greens Cafe prepare my meals for the week and deliver them to my house. The owners even named a special smoothie after me - "The Bradley Ultra Greens," which includes kale, spinach, apple, ginger, mint, banana with other ingredients. They're great folks!

"The Vegan Diet means no meat or dairy products whatsoever. It makes me feel so much better going into this big fight against Marquez. When my fight with Marquez is over the needle on my energy gauge will still read Full because of my diet and training regimens.

"You will see my physique. I will be a lean, mean fighting machine when I get into the ring and beat Marquez on October 12."
    24/7 Bradley/Marquez episode 2 debuts Sat., Oct. 5 on HBO.
    Bradley vs. Marquez takes place Sat., Oct. 12 live on HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT.

Re: Vegan Diet A BIG Key To Timothy Bradley's Success

interesting. he sure did thin out quickly the last few weeks...

Jmm looks jacked, ridiculous vascularity and muscle striation... speculate if you want, or dont, i will.

not natural.

Q: "Why did the tofu cross the road?"

A: "To prove he wasn't chicken."

Advanced Users

I wonder if T Bradley lost weight off dat big-arse cranium and those long, thick doggs! Hehehe!

OH, YUP! Shame on the "Fallen" Angel Heredia. He got Hulkquez so full of dat syet that Hulkquez's veins in the arms are thickly bulging. If one or two or more of those bad boys POP, Hulkquez may just suffer severe internal bleeding before he knows it. And 75 percent of the time that spells a quick stalking from the grim reaper.

Lucky for Hulkquez that Big Foot can bambi down more than he can get down and PUNCH! Or Hulkquez would fade back to Marquez, and the angel of death would fly into dat squared jungle and pull him out of dat eye-candy, roids-and-PEDs-filled body.

Sorry if I'm saying morbid. But this is the HURT BUSINESS, or like the late, great Sugar Ray Robinson told a senator after the senator asked him did he try to hurt his opponent -- Jimmy Doyle -- who died after the bout: "...this is da hurt bitnezz..." Holla!

I'm proof that a 60 year old man can get as buff as JMM.... the only substance needed is free testosterone which you young guys 54 and under should have an ample supply of naturally unless you are ingesting a lot of xenoestrgens. In that case you are probably growing breasts.
    There is nothing abnormal about Jmm at least when given the eyeball test when you know the natural potential of the human body.
    That veggie diet is a great way to facilitate a good physique too. The elimination of animal fat is key...try coconut and hempseed oil instead.
    But I doubt there's any diet in the world that can improve Bradley's punching power. And the guy looks like a middleweight bodybuilder.
    Go figure.

I remember reading an article several months ago on TSS regarding meat vs non meant diet. The author was saying how he went to the gym and sparred a fighter, was not impressed with his power. He later went onto discover he was a vegetarian and suggested that he eat meat. This fighter did and his power increased. Does anyone remember this? Is the absence of animal proteins a detriment to one's power?

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    In that case you are probably growing breasts.
    Oh, man. 'Moobs' are worse than a big ol' belly.

Poor kid. There's still time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Cas View Post
    I remember reading an article several months ago on TSS regarding meat vs non meant diet. The author was saying how he went to the gym and sparred a fighter, was not impressed with his power. He later went onto discover he was a vegetarian and suggested that he eat meat. This fighter did and his power increased. Does anyone remember this? Is the absence of animal proteins a detriment to one's power?
    Toledo. Wrote an artical about SRR eating rare bloody steaks which proportedly improved his power...great story it wasn't intended to be a medical dissertation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Oh, man. 'Moobs' are worse than a big ol' belly.

Poor kid. There's still time ...
    YIKES!!!... A little censorship next time...lol

Advanced Users

Wow, B-Sug! Do some more research. That above kid's photo that you put above is a victim of the pharmaceutical antipsychotic drug Risperdal. There is a class-action suit happening NOW! I told you we Pinoys are up in everybody's grill. Several of my cousins -- the lawyers -- are involved in da multi-million-dollar gitdown [sic].

That jive-antipsychotic drug causes kids from five to 18 to grow boobs. I know that O-Gs, like yourself, can naturally muscle up. I'm from a family of natural muscled-up dudes. My three-year-old nephew is muscle city. And my 113-year-old uncle [Tio Mamoy] is muscle pity. Hehehe!

With all the above, Marquez is Hulkquez because he is on data syet. I've known him for 25 years since I kicked his arse in the amateurs. He is whining dirty! And wanted the glory. And he's willing to deal with the consequences later. And he will. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 10-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.