English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Look Back at Mayweather-Alvarez: Part Two

Advanced Users

Re: A Look Back at Mayweather-Alvarez: Part Two

Ditto DAT! A wonder, loving father to hold in esteem high honor. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Ditto DAT! A wonder, loving father to hold in esteem high honor. Holla!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0AwASILbo

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Bull's-eye! -- one of my favorite athletes ever, on & off the field.
    Hehehe I had a feeling you might like him. While your boy Manning was being seduced and drinking beer with Jon Jon, my teenage arse was rooming next to Kurt. He signed a card from his foundation, pointing to the sky. That card is still in my room at my dad's house in Europe, actually.

Just a humble, nice family. Not your typical superstar athlete at all. His wife was super pregnant at the time. He was just a few years removed from arena football. Even though he was the best quarterback at the time by far, he just seemed so down to earth, nice and really appreciative of everything.

The biggest prick by far was Ray Lewis. He had just won the Super Bowl (committed a murder?) a few days before, came in the middle of the week and ran his mouth CONSTANTLY. Obnoxious jackass.

The QBs were the nicest ones. Gannon, Warner and Grbac, although he sucked hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    ... was rooming next to Kurt. He signed a card from his foundation, pointing to the sky. Just a humble, nice family. Not your typical superstar athlete at all. His wife was super pregnant at the time. He was just a few years removed from arena football. Even though he was the best quarterback at the time by far, he just seemed so down to earth, nice and really appreciative of everything.
    Neat first-hand reminiscence, Shad'. Thanks for sharing. That's always how Kurt has come across to me as well. Like I said, one of my very faves. Truly walked the walk and not just talked the talk. Athletically, I believe he will go into the Hall of Fame, and should.

Neat first-hand reminiscence, Shad'. Thanks for sharing. That's always how Kurt has come across to me as well. Like I said, one of my very faves. Truly walked the walk and not just talked the talk. Athletically, I believe he will go into the Hall of Fame, and should.
    I believe so. He was good. I just checked out his website to see what he was up to. Sure enough, same wife. And both of them almost look the same, too, same hairstyles and everything hehehe.

... same hairstyles and everything
    Is that supposed to change? LOL I was sure he'd look something like this:

Is that supposed to change? LOL I was sure he'd look something like this:

LOL noooo, but his wife. She had a short haircut that was very distinct. She looked exactly the same. And this is the first time seeing her, picture or otherwise, since February 2001.

On a different note, I really appreciate all you guys for the insights you bring here. It's really nice.

LOL noooo, but his wife. She had a short haircut that was very distinct. She looked exactly the same..

Brenda Warner (not sure of the dates, but at least it appears she has tried new looks)

Brenda Warner (not sure of the dates, but at least it appears she has tried new looks)
    Like I said, haven't seen her or a picture of her since 2001. She had short hair then and short hair now. What she did in between I don't know hehe.

That long hair pic looks nothing like her. When I clicked on the page, she looked EXACTLY how I remember. Except she had a big ol' belly at the time.