English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayweather's shoulder

Re: Mayweather's shoulder

It needs to be less than that. Way less. Think Hopkins-Taylor. 20 per round. More than that and he's getting blitzed. Even if his strategy was to overwhelm Floyd with volume, he would never ever get off that many shots.

46 punches per round is in the ballpark of the average per weight class. Floyd cuts your punch output average in half off the bat. Should he succeed getting off that many, he's gonna get tagged over and over again with counter rights, uppercuts and body shots.

Best chance is to throw a few, make it a "visually" even fight and pray the decision goes his way.

Y'all wanna hear something crazy?

In 1966, after Muhammad Ali had dropped his "slave name" Cassius Clay, he defended his recently won championship on a card under his new alias.

On the undercard was a very interesting jabroni/jobber/journeyman, who was brought in to put over a prospect from Houston, TX by the name of Mark Tessman.

(Tessman's handlers managed to get the Texan to 30-1 before challenging fearsome light heavyweight champion Bob Foster in 1970.)

Said jobber took Tessman the Texan the distance in a valiant effort.

Who was the jobber? His name was quite familiar on the world scene.

His name was Cassius Clay.

Crazy, right?

Another related unrelated story: Recently, Kanye West strangely named his newborn baby North West. But that's not the only one in his camp with a name that stands out.

He also has a stylist by the name of Cassius Clay! Clay is a young white male who insists he's not named after GOAT but the famous Clay clan of Kentucky. LMAO yeah right...

Advanced Users

A-Seng, NO! I see absolutely no hope for Canelo.

@The Shadow, I've been to GOAT Ali home-state stepping gound from birth. You should go to the Muhammad Ali Center. And Cassius and Clay are common names for Kentucky whites. From the GOAT's father side, the famous slave master of the Clay clan freed all his slaves long before slavery ended. And Kentucky was one of the Southern state that freed all slaves and fought on the Union side.

Go to social media or the phone books, and you will see tons of white Cassius Clays from Kentucky and even Ohio. White Cassius Clays from Kentucky are just as common as black Bill Clintons from Arkansas and Oklahoma. Syet is like boxing sometimes: "The threatre of the unexpected." Holla!

You're right! Henry Clay and Cassius Marcellus Clay were famous abolitionists! I didn't know Cassius was a common name, though. That's crazy!

And thought it was funny to see a Cassius Clay fighting on the undercard of Muhammad Ali.

You sure get around, my man! I will go to that center some time soon. Is it nice??

Advanced Users

YUP! The center is NICE! But Cassius is so common that a Showtime movie -- "The Double" -- about a Russian agent named Cassius starring Richard Gere showed before "All Access" and Seth Mitchell getting his sorry arse kayoed in the first round. Danggit! I shoulda stay at my gambling table. Anyway, I will be all up in Sin City starring Thursday getting my hiding in plain sight on. Hehehe! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 09-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I want to hear you repeat those words after the fight Roast...there is not going to be that great a gap between these two. A good chin and good combo punching from Canelo will help close the gap I. experience.
    I'll be first in line at Mr. Lee's Crow Cafe if Canelo shocks anything next weekend. You are a big Floyd fan B-Sug, you should know that Floyd would never have agreed to fight Alvarez if he didn't already know he could win. Canelo will have to fight better than he ever has and land power punches early and often to win. I don't see that happening.

roast great pic,

and i agree he will have to land some hard body shots in the first couple rounds to keep floyds great legs,

slow and at bay..

no one ever chased floyd around to a decisive win........

i am afraid we are gonna see the floyd vs ghost fight where floyd was on his bicycle and it wasnt exciting

75$ is a lot for fans to pay to see that, there was much complaining from fans (nonhardcore) who

purchased the fight

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I'll be first in line at Mr. Lee's Crow Cafe if Canelo shocks anything next weekend. You are a big Floyd fan B-Sug, you should know that Floyd would never have agreed to fight Alvarez if he didn't already know he could win. Canelo will have to fight better than he ever has and land power punches early and often to win. I don't see that happening.
    I wouldn't have it any other way roast ....be sure to bring some hot sauce..I hear Crow can be a little dry this time of year.