English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather's shoulder

Advanced Users

Re: Mayweather's shoulder

I know, A-Seng! Boxing reports of massive injuries are usually full of syet. Money May's shoulders have been near perfect. They are iron-man syet. He could be a knockout punch like Iron Mike was. But Money May is a safety first-and-last fighter. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 09-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.

i agree. its hard to win a fight with a hand injury early in a bout, especially with fractures and clean breaks.
    i broke both my hands at different times. once, my right hand, 4th metacarpal, no way no how i could throw or land a punch with that hand i would have died...broke my left hand 4th metacarpal, fracture, i could possibly gut that out a few rounds....i dont blame floyd for not risking it.

Nice pic roast lol, I heard his shoulder was hurt in the first Castillo fight. Whether or not it was ever hurt or he surgery and therapy, it looks fine. I dislocated my shoulder years, did therapy it still bothers me sometimes when I shoot my jab.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    No way Canelo shocks anything in seven days unless he drops his blow dryer in a bath tub.
    I want to hear you repeat those words after the fight Roast...there is not going to be that great a gap between these two. A good chin and good combo punching from Canelo will help close the gap I. experience.

B-sug I respect your resilience and diligence supporting canelo and I see a lot of the attributes you do.
    However, aren't you worried about his stamina for 12 rounds?

Radam said it right, the less canelo throws the better chance he has to win rounds. Floyd is great at sucking u in though.

Floyd has had shoulder injuries...hairline fractures and brittle hands...but his knees are still good even though he can't stutter step convincingly these days. Floyd knows how to work around old aches and pains......... His possible downfall will be getting hit more frequently with the harder shots. If Floyd cannot resurrect the version of himself who can throw lightning Combos ...he is Doomed... It's just hard to tell what version of Floyd we'll get on fight-nite... and what Floyd really has left.

Although the ghost was slow of foot I think Floyd looked pretty sharp and agile. A lighter ghost would have done better but it was a 147 fight.

Floyd's stamina is his asset.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    B-sug I respect your resilience and diligence supporting canelo and I see a lot of the attributes you do.
    However, aren't you worried about his stamina for 12 rounds?

Radam said it right, the less canelo throws the better chance he has to win rounds. Floyd is great at sucking u in though.
    Canelo beat Trout because he always had enough energy to throw when it counted. Canelo is not a volume puncher but he comes prepared. Floyd can't rely on Canelo gassing out...he must sap his strength if possible.

Advanced Users

Big-time exaggeration about the iron shoulders of Money May. Bad mitts? OKAY! But with dat syet in him, Money May is going to bust the Red-Headed Lucy -- I mean Canelo -- up like Money May did Red-headed Redcoat Ricky. Holla!

i can see the strategy of canelo to fight at his pace, when he wants, throw some combos and move away, dictate the pace, control the fight, stay away from that lead right and only be in the pocket to shoot, never to think or bask.

if canelo can do this averaging 37-46 punches per round, each punch being meaningful, never following or chasing floyd down,

do u think he has a shot radam?