English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather's shoulder

Mayweather's shoulder

There is constant debate on blueprints/tactics that could defeat Money May. He has a known shoulder issue (torn rotator cuff, I think) but I can't remember seeing anyone targeting it. Cotto broke Gianluca Branco's shoulder with a barrage of hard left hooks. Wondering if a big puncher could do the same to Mayweather with some precision bombing...

Advanced Users

Re: Mayweather's shoulder

NO! I doubt that big puncher can or will jive up Money May's shoulder. And NO! Money May has never had a torn rotator cuff. Holla!

One of Roach’s concerns about Mayweather, besides Floyd’s long two year lay off from boxing, is that Mayweather has had two rotator cuff surgeries on one of his shoulders. “That could affect Floyd. I don’t know which shoulder it is but he is always rolling those shoulders,” Roach said.

Read more at http://www.boxingnews24.com/2009/09/...BtwvhdGeRIH.99

https://www.facebook.com/...floyd-ma...1635271‎
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. was flying high after his victory over Diego "El Chico" ... "My last training day, I hurt my left rotator cuff, so I couldn't use my jab the way I wanted ... surgery on the injured shoulder, and it required several month's of therapy.

Floyd Mayweather beat Jose Luis Castillo with a torn rotator cuff
    "Mayweather said he tore his left rotator cuff two days before the first fight and couldn't throw a jab or a left hook. He had surgery following the controversial decision over Castillo and he said his shoulder is completely healed now."

Later, Mayweather underwent surgery on his left shoulder (Floyd partially blamed his damaged rotator cuff for the close win)

Advanced Users

Wow! I read and heard all the above. But I saw none of it when seeing Lil' Floyd. Reminds me of Howard Davis Jr. I was rugratting with his son Dyah. HDJ was always having imaginary injuries and surgeries. And FMJ has done the same. I call it pugilistic game propaganda. A million injuries and surgeries, but always in da game with a perfect, unmarked body. Wow! Plastic surgery covering those surgery cuts is amazing. Only in Money May's world. He can make roids and PEDs taking disappear and all the surgery wounds on his body. Holla!

Advanced Users

BTW, SB! Nice photo. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by spit bucket View Post
    One of Roach’s concerns about Mayweather, besides Floyd’s long two year lay off from boxing, is that Mayweather has had two rotator cuff surgeries on one of his shoulders. “That could affect Floyd. I don’t know which shoulder it is but he is always rolling those shoulders,” Roach said.

Read more at http://www.boxingnews24.com/2009/09/...BtwvhdGeRIH.99

https://www.facebook.com/...floyd-ma...1635271‎
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. was flying high after his victory over Diego "El Chico" ... "My last training day, I hurt my left rotator cuff, so I couldn't use my jab the way I wanted ... surgery on the injured shoulder, and it required several month's of therapy.

Floyd Mayweather beat Jose Luis Castillo with a torn rotator cuff
    "Mayweather said he tore his left rotator cuff two days before the first fight and couldn't throw a jab or a left hook. He had surgery following the controversial decision over Castillo and he said his shoulder is completely healed now."

Later, Mayweather underwent surgery on his left shoulder (Floyd partially blamed his damaged rotator cuff for the close win)
    Mayweathers unique dedication to the sport motivated him to train beyond the normal physical tolerances of the human body and it shows..........

In his youth he had the catlike agility of Roy Jones coupled with the stinging velocity of SRL...but he's paid the consequences of nearly burning himself out. Hence the long vacations. Floyd Is the Steve Young of professional fighters.
    Canelo is going to Shock the world in 7 Days.
    Last edited by brownsugar; 09-07-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Mayweathers unique dedication to the sport motivated him to train beyond the normal physical tolerances of the human body and it shows..........

In his youth he had the catlike agility of Roy Jones coupled with the stinging velocity of SRL...but he's paid the consequences of nearly burning himself out. Hence the long vacations. Floyd Is the Steve Young of professional fighters.
    Canelo is going to Shock the world in 7 Days.
    No way Canelo shocks anything in seven days unless he drops his blow dryer in a bath tub.

Advanced Users

Hehehehe! The Roast always has to get in his comedy crack.

Danggit! Wow! What a picture! Nice dame/damsel/doll. Or is that an angel in a blue bikini? Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    BTW, SB! Nice photo. Holla!
    Thanks Radam

never heard anything of this injury for floyd,

i have been rehabbing shoulder surgeries, rotator cuff repairs, humeral head replacements, scar tissue
    removals, impingements syndrome surgeries......they leave pretty apparent scars unless 6 years ago
    he had something invasive, usually you can see a scar..

you never know though