English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Canelo is in trouble.

Canelo is in trouble.

Rewatching the trout and Alvarez fight and Alvarez was gassed by the middle of round 7. He wasn't even very active the entire fight and still gassed out in embarrassing fashion for a professional champion boxer of 22 years old.

Secondly as I have mentioned before canelo cannot punch while moving his feet. He has to be stationary to throw punches.

Floyd might beat him 11-1.
    I'll give him the first round.

Re: Canelo is in trouble.

Floyd really shot himself in the foot he should have just fought him at 154 so there aren't any excuses and its better for his legacy.
    It was probably the evil turtle ellerbe who convinced him.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Floyd really shot himself in the foot he should have just fought him at 154 so there aren't any excuses and its better for his legacy.
    It was probably the evil turtle ellerbe who convinced him.
    Now that's the Amaseng we can all know and appreciate....

But I can't sign off on the " Canelo is a chump theory".
    He has the potential to cripple Mayweather with punches similar to the the one Mosley nearly stopped Floyd with on a consistant basis..and not just once during the fight.
    Canelo's tendency to be patient makes him the perfect ambush artist because his power stays constant throughout.. Floyd is in for a serious scrap.

deepwater

Rewatching the trout and Alvarez fight and Alvarez was gassed by the middle of round 7. He wasn't even very active the entire fight and still gassed out in embarrassing fashion for a professional champion boxer of 22 years old.

Secondly as I have mentioned before canelo cannot punch while moving his feet. He has to be stationary to throw punches.

whos the ref? if its fair but firm Anthony weiner , I mean Carlos Danger, I mean Joe cortez the ginger bread man has no shot. Fair Joe lets Floyd use the dirty illegal elbow and grab the back of head and neck all fight long.Joe might be retired but I am not sure. Tony weeks and steel look the other way at times also. I don't have time but you-tube mayweather dirty elbow and watch it. its a real eye opener
    Last edited by deepwater; 07-26-2013 at 08:38 AM.

I am in agreement. In the Trout fight, I believe he was a little tired but I also think the open scoring system contributed to his lack of activity as well. He knew he basically had to win one round after round seven and he had the fight. I may sound crazy but the fight that worried me about Canelo was the Gomez fight. Gomez has no power but does move, especially bobbing and weaving, and use angles. He was getting several good shots in and you can argue after three and maybe even four rounds was clearly winning the fight. The Canelo in that fight is not much different from the Canelo that fought Trout.

I had Gomez winning 3/6 rounds as well against Alvarez.

I've watched Floyd's dirty elbow for years and that's why I had no problem with Ortiz coming up and under Floyd's chin with his head as a response to it.

I don't agree with the jumping head butt tho.

Canelo is just too stationary.

The Floyd Mayweather elbow is the most effective tool in boxing for creating space and geometry. Should be officially taught in the amateurs. Floyd doesn't throw it like Spinx or Tyson did.... he just uses it intermittently to prevent being crowded...... all the greats know how to slip in the elbow and neck pull..... By comparison... FMJ doesn't come close to Bhop when it comes to actually fighting dirty..

Advanced Users

Sorry! But Money May's elbow is inadvertent, not dirty. It's already and has always been used in the amateurs. People just look for stuff to fault Money May's game. Now his kangaroo hook and slap jab used to get him warning in the amateurs. But you can do that in the pros. Money May is going to stop Canelo. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Sorry! But Money May's elbow is inadvertent, not dirty. It's already and has always been used in the amateurs. People just look for stuff to fault Money May's game. Now his kangaroo hook and slap jab used to get him warning in the amateurs. But you can do that in the pros. Money May is going to stop Canelo. Holla!
    it is definitely a part of his strategy in a defensive manner.

im all for tricks of the trade, i support bhop 99% of the time..

however, im also good with ortiz head butting up and under his chin in response to it...

part of the game

Advanced Users

Ditto! And Money May smackin' and attackin' Ortiz's arse while Qrtiz was kissin' and missin' and lookin' for help from the ref was like a snake hissin.' But all part of the game. "Protect your arse at all times." Holla!