ESPN’s Comprehensive Multi-Platform Coverage of Pacquiao-Marquez 4
ESPN is presenting comprehensive multi-platform pre- and post-fight coverage of the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez 4 bout scheduled for December 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. ESPN Deportes and SportsCenter are on site to provide daily news and information.
As part of ESPN and HBO Sports’ multi-year boxing programming and marketing agreement, ESPN news and information platforms will have access to key content, including post-fight, in-ring interviews, HBO’s behind-the-scenes four-part series 24/7 Pacquiao-Marquez 4, and Marquez-Pacquiao non-televised undercard fights (ESPN3).
Pacquiao-Marquez 4 Coverage Across ESPN Platforms:
· ESPN Deportes’ Una Semana Desde Las Vegas (one week from Las Vegas)
o Golpe a Golpe: Wednesday, Dec. 5, at 8 p.m. and through the week, David Faitelson, Jose Ramon Fernandez, Bernardo Osuna, Jorge Eduardo Sanchez, and Kary Correa anchor from Las Vegas.
o Cronometro: Wednesday, Dec. 5 through Friday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m., Faitelson and Fernandez discuss the latest news in sports from Las Vegas, with special segments around the bout.
o Raza Deportiva & Nación ESPN: Wednesday, Dec. 5 through Friday, Dec. 7 at 10 a.m. & 10 p.m. respectively, Faitelson to host both shows from Las Vegas through the entire week.
o A Los Golpes: Monday, Dec. 10, at 7 p.m., Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., David Faitelson and Osuna provide in-depth analysis and discussion of the results.
ESPN Deportes Radio: Miguel Angel Cebreros hosts radio boxing talk show A Los Golpes from Las Vegas and reports for ESPN Deportes Radio’s SportsCenter.
ESPNDeportes.com: Carlos Nava reports from Las Vegas. Content includes: historical analysis of both fighters, video blogs and podcasts from Vegas, press conference coverage, interviews, opinion, fight preview, post analysis, video recap and live updates.
- 24/7 Pacquiao/Marquez 4 (ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Classic, ESPN.com and online through WatchESPN.com, and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app, see schedule below): HBO Sports’ all-access reality series, follows both fighters as they prepare for their fourth meeting.
- Pacquiao-Marquez non-televised undercard fights (ESPN3; Saturday, Dec.8, 7 p.m.): ESPN’s multiscreen network accessible online at WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members.
·ESPN Boxing: Friday Night Fights Special Edition (ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, WatchESPN, Thursday, Dec. 6, at 10 p.m.): Studio host Bernardo Osuna will be on site at the Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas when Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas describe the action between ESPN.com’s No. 8 ranked Lightweight contender Ray Beltran (26-6, 17 KOs) and former Lightweight title challenger Ji-Hoon “Volcano” Kim (24-7, 18 KOs) in the 10-round main event. Alex Pombo and Delvin Rodriguez will call the fights for ESPN Deportes’ Viernes de Combates (Friday Night Fights) with Leopoldo Gonzalez and Pablo Viruega in the studio.
- Pacquiao-Marquez I-II-III (ESPN Deportes, ESPN Classic, see schedule below): re-airs of their first three fights.
· On-Site Presence Dec. 5-9 (SportsCenter): ESPN’s Friday Night Fights’ studio host Osuna and ESPN.com boxing writer Dan Rafael report.
· Pacquiao-Marquez Press Conference (SportsCenter, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, Wednesday, Dec. 5, 3 p.m.): will include Osuna interviews with each fighter.
· Live Interviews (SportsCenter Thursday, Dec. 6): Pacquaio 3:20 p.m.; Marquez 4:20 p.m.
·“Atlas Fight Plan” (ESPN’s Friday Night Fights; SportsCenter) analyst Teddy Atlas will illustrate what each fighter needs to do to win.
· Pacquiao-Marquez Weigh-In (SportsCenter, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, Friday, Dec. 7, 6:15 p.m.): will include Osuna 1-on-1 interviews with each fighter and a Rafael “Instant Analysis.”
· Teddy Atlas Analysis (SportsCenter, Dec. 7-8) The Friday Night Fights analyst and former trainer will appear on shows previewing the fight.
· Pre-fight Reports (SportsCenter, ESPN Deportes’ Golpe a Golpe, Saturday, Dec. 8,): Osuna and Rafael report live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena; in-locker room reports.
·Round-by-Round Scoring (SportsCenter, throughout the fight): Rafael’s scoring at the end of each round.
· Post-fight Coverage (SportsCenter, ESPN Deportes’ Golpe a Golpe): will include a Rafael “Instant Analysis”; Osuna interviews with each fighter; live press conference coverage; expanded highlights.
· #TeamPacquiao vs. #TeamMarquez (@ESPN Twitter and ESPN Facebook; Fight week): ESPN will ask its Twitter followers why they’re for #TeamPacquiao or #TeamMarquez, and re-Tweet the best replies; share Facebook cover images and Twitter avatars that announce someone as either #TeamPacquiao or #TeamMarquez.
· ESPN The Magazine (newsstands Friday, November 30): Schaap’s interview with Pacquiao is featured in ESPN The Magazine’s “Interview” issue highlighting 2012 newsmakers. Schaap discussed his interview with Pacquiao in detail with The Mag’s Editor in Chief Chad Millman on his weekly podcast.
· ESPN Radio and ESPN Los Angeles 710: ESPN Radio will present news leading up to the fight, as well as SportsCenter updates during the fight and immediate results; 710’s Max & Marcellus (3-7 p.m. PT, M-F) will originate from Las Vegas Thursday and Friday.
o Fight reviews: Pacquiao and Marquez provide analysis of their first three fights, and then look ahead to No. 4.
o Fight Credential: An all-access pass to ESPN.com’s prefight, live and postfight coverage.
Cover It Live: ESPN.com’s live blog of fight-night action from the MGM Grand on Dec. 8.
· Marquez 1-on-1 (ESPNFrontRow.com, December 7): Marquez discusses (In Spanish) the fight and doubling as an ESPN Deportes analyst for ESPN’s blog site.