NEW YORK (May 15, 2010) – In anticipation of Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquez IV: Once And Four All, SHOWTIME will re-air each of the duo’s three epic bouts in their entirety as well as an updated version of Vazquez-Marquez:The Trilogy all week leading up to the live event on Saturday, May 22.
It all begins on Monday, May 17 with Vazquez vs. Marquez I at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME2. See complete listing below.
Originally aired following their third fight, The Trilogy is a two-hour documentary that takes viewers inside this incredible rivalry; a rivalry rooted in Mexican pride, fueled by warrior-like determination and cultivated by mutual respect for one another - a true rarity in sport. The in-depth documentary breaks down each of the three fights—and replays the entire, epic third fight—with opinions and analysis from the fighters, their managers and trainers, reporters and industry experts.
Check out a one-minute clip from The Trilogy here
Following this robust lineup of programming, Israel Vazquez (44-4, 33 KO’s) and Rafael Marquez (38-5, 34 KO’s) will face off in the fourth installment of what is one of the greatest boxing rivalries of all-time on Saturday, May 22, at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, live on SHOWTIME® at 9 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast).
Fight Week TV Schedule:
* Monday, 5/17 @ 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHO2 - Vazquez vs. Marquez I
* Monday, 5/17 @ 11 p.m. ET/PT on SHO2 - Vazquez-Marquez: The Trilogy
* Wednesday, 5/19 @ 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHO2 - Vazquez vs. Marquez II
* Friday, 5/21 @ 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHO2 - Vazquez vs. Marquez III
* Saturday, 5/22 @ 4 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME - Vazquez-Marquez: The Trilogy
And of course:
* Saturday, 5/22 LIVE @ 9 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME - Vazquez vs. Marquez IV: Once And Four All
Who Win The Amir Khan vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Fight?